Pasta

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been ordering pasta on the weekends lately.... trying to find somewhere with a decent vodka sauce.

I like pasta and sauce/gravy but I am not a big fan of just pasta with marinara gravy-sauce unless there is something else in it like a meat and/or cheese like what you get with lasagna.

What is your favorite pasta/gravy-sauce combo?

I like cheese ravioli with vodka sauce.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
gnocchi gorgonzola

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LaLucci's, a couple blocks from the United Center has an excellent vodka sauce, I don't even remember what it came with but It was tasty.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you have a go-to recipe for that?

LOL. It's actually pretty simple but I rarely make it myself because it is kinda labor intensive making gnocchi from scratch.

Pro tip on pasta doe, it's key to actually put the pasta into the gravy sauce and stir it around rather than pour the gravysauce on top the pasta. gets way more saucified that away. also a little of the pasta water is helpful in the saucing step because the starch helps bind the gravy to the pasta...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to do kind of a play on a shrimp scampi.

Little oil. Throw down some red onions and bell peppers. Let them get nice and soft. Add your garlic and shrimp. I also add cherry tomatoes here but thats up to the person. I like to season it with blackened season and a little salt. Hit it with a good white wine then add cream. Let that reduced down to nice and thick. Add some fresh parm. Then, I usually rag cut some fresh pasta sheets. Throw it straight in the pan with the sauce. It should only take a minute or two for fresh pasta. Thats all she wrote.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dis vodka sauce from this place over the weekend has annoying slivers of hard Tomato skin in it and some sizeable chunks of hard garlic.

I don't mind a chunky sauce but how/why do you get those slivers of tomato? If you get them, why don't you just fucking puree the sauce-gravy so I don't hate you?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dis vodka sauce from this place over the weekend has annoying slivers of hard Tomato skin in it and some sizeable chunks of hard garlic.

I don't mind a chunky sauce but how/why do you get those slivers of tomato? If you get them, why don't you just fucking puree the sauce-gravy so I don't hate you?

Perhaps they were trying to make their gravysauce more "rustic" by having big chunks of stuff so you are more engaged with what ingredients you're eating? It's a pretty big trend in food these days...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to do kind of a play on a shrimp scampi.

Little oil. Throw down some red onions and bell peppers. Let them get nice and soft. Add your garlic and shrimp. I also add cherry tomatoes here but thats up to the person. I like to season it with blackened season and a little salt. Hit it with a good white wine then add cream. Let that reduced down to nice and thick. Add some fresh parm. Then, I usually rag cut some fresh pasta sheets. Throw it straight in the pan with the sauce. It should only take a minute or two for fresh pasta. Thats all she wrote.

This actually sounds delicious.

But do you eat it with a fork?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps they were trying to make their gravysauce more "rustic" by having big chunks of stuff so you are more engaged with what ingredients you're eating? It's a pretty big trend in food these days...

Do they normally take the skin off Tomatoes before using them in a gravy-sauce?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
mmm

BfL5Rz4IgAA8qy8.jpg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do they normally take the skin off Tomatoes before using them in a gravy-sauce?

I do, but some chefs maybe want to leave it in for aesthetic purposes?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do, but some chefs maybe want to leave it in for aesthetic purposes?

I think when they leave it in you are left with slivers of hard tomato skin.... it is not pleasing.