Pats trade Jamie Collins for a 3rd rounder to Cleveland

Mitchapalooza

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 44s45 seconds ago
Blockbuster deal: Patriots traded LB Jamie Collins to Cleveland for a compensatory third-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
What? I thought you can't trade compensatory picks. I am assuming he meant conditional? Even still seems like a win for the Browns at that price.

Reactions: WCL

Washington

Liked Posts:
It can't be a compensatory pick because compensatory picks for next year are not even known yet. It has to be conditional unless I am missing something obvious here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
BB strikes again.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This move is all about the Shea Mac pushing himself into a starting role. No more room for you Collins, out the way

Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
word here is that collins was going rogue, he's a FA year end and was starting to go for sacks when the defense called for something else, he was trying to build up his resume on belichick's watch...c ya

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
word here is that collins was going rogue, he's a FA year end and was starting to go for sacks when the defense called for something else, he was trying to build up his resume on belichick's watch...c ya

I wouldn't doubt that Belichek was probably calling him to drop into coverage more so that his contract would be cheaper at the end if the year. Lol

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Browns are probably willing to pay him what the Pats wouldn't. REad he turned down $11mil per year, but didn't see how many years or how much guaranteed $.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Very surprised trade but Patriots do not care about anyone besides Brady. They do not like paying players.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
This is really surprising. Haven't watched much Pats but I thought Collins was one of their better players.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is really surprising. Haven't watched much Pats but I thought Collins was one of their better players.

Apparently he has not been very good this season and has been free lancing and he also wants "Von Miller" money.

Surprised it was only a 3rd, but when he wants 100 million that kills leverage a bit.