Pau Gasol To Chicago Bulls, Carlos Boozer toLakers in Proposed Sign-and-Trade

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
First, the Australian International Business Times isn't even my 75th source for NBA trade rumors. And Proposed seems to be proposed by the author of the story not Mitch Kupchak or John Paxson.

The other thing is would the Lakers plan be getting Boozer's fat expiring contract. If their plan is to go for 2015 FAs then getting Boozer makes sense. He could score some points and the Lakers will not embarrass themselves by putting a lousy losing team out there and tanking, their fans wouldn't stand for it. After that how does Gasol a 4 figure to play with stretch 4 Mirotic who by all accounts isn't going to be an NBA 3?

Jump on that and ride it to the house.

Well, the Lakers have made it known that they are very interested in Love and the Wolves have made it known they aren't looking to trade him right now and maybe not at all until Love hits free agency. Either way, Boozer either gives LA a big expiring contract they can trade or that will relieve cap room for 2015 free agency. It does make some sense.

As far the #7 pick for Thibs...stop it. Thibs is the second best coach in the NBA after Pop. You aren't guaranteed at getting a game changer either at #7. If it was top 3, well that's a different story.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
As great as Thibs is, I'm not sure how great he is for the long term success of the team just based on his style of coaching. If they can get the 7th pick I don't see any way they should say no to that. If this was 2013 I'd say hell no, but with the depth available in this draft it seems like a no-brainer, especially with all the hostility in the front office with Thibs

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far the #7 pick for Thibs...stop it. Thibs is the second best coach in the NBA after Pop. You aren't guaranteed at getting a game changer either at #7. If it was top 3, well that's a different story.

It isn't that I don't think Thibs is great....I just think his tenure in Chicago will come to an end sooner rather than later.

Why not pick up #7 and make a run at Love with that while keeping #16 & 19 and hiring Hoiberg?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
It isn't that I don't think Thibs is great....I just think his tenure in Chicago will come to an end sooner rather than later.

Why not pick up #7 and make a run at Love with that while keeping #16 & 19 and hiring Hoiberg?

luvfred.jpg

hxPGBzm.png

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bulls send Butler & Taj with Thibs...they'll handle the minutes next to Kobe just fine.

That's not going to happen. Taj is better than Gasol right now.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not going to happen. Taj is better than Gasol right now.

Oh Taj is far better. I'm just saying send those players to LA for the pick...even with Thibs if you want to clear space to offer a max to Melo (which I wouldn't do).

However, it is something to think about.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Hoiberg is just as much a ? as the #7 pick that's why. You know what you are getting in Thibs and that's a coach of the year candidate every single year. I am not saying it couldn't end up being a good move...it's just a risky move.

Could you move the #7, #16 and #19 picks to pick up a top 3 pick?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoiberg is just as much a ? as the #7 pick that's why. You know what you are getting in Thibs and that's a coach of the year candidate every single year. I am not saying it couldn't end up being a good move...it's just a risky move.

Could you move the #7, #16 and #19 picks to pick up a top 3 pick?

I'd say absolutely no. The 76ers already have 8 draft picks (two in the top 10) while the Bucks need a mega star in the worst way. Cleveland? I have no idea what they'll do, but IF they move the pick (which I highly doubt) they'd want a superstar in return.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

One could say its risky to hold onto Thibs much longer. I'd rather keep Thibs, but if the organization knows their relationship doesn't have much a future- then exhausting offers, especially IF the Lakers would be willing to deal #7...they'd be silly not to take it.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what's sadder. How long is our superstar going to last or our super coach.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´d say no to the Lakers no matter what they offer.

Gibson + Mirotic and we´re done at the PF spot!

Can we please focus on guards who can create their own shot???

ginny

Liked Posts:
One could say its risky to hold onto Thibs much longer. I'd rather keep Thibs, but if the organization knows their relationship doesn't have much a future- then exhausting offers, especially IF the Lakers would be willing to deal #7...they'd be silly not to take it.

^^^
This. As much as I would hate to lose Tibs...We would all be pissed if we passed on this then Tibs doesn't re-up.

I'll say this... If Gar/Pax make this trade, then we know there was friction, and we at least got something for him.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Gasol is not an upgrade over Boozer. He is old and will spend half the season on the bench with injuries. Just amnesty Boozer and be done with it.

Could not agree more.

Liked Posts:
As great as Thibs is, I'm not sure how great he is for the long term success of the team just based on his style of coaching. If they can get the 7th pick I don't see any way they should say no to that. If this was 2013 I'd say hell no, but with the depth available in this draft it seems like a no-brainer, especially with all the hostility in the front office with Thibs

Who says the depth is that great?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who says the depth is that great?

All of the so-called experts rating the draft this year. Its a little thin at point guard but big time in SFs, SGs, PFs, and average at center.

Liked Posts:
All of the so-called experts rating the draft this year. Its a little thin at point guard but big time in SFs, SGs, PFs, and average at center.

They say that about 3-5 but beyond that...?

And saying 7-11 would be top 5 many years also doesn't say much considering there are some bad draft classes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They say that about 3-5 but beyond that...?

And saying 7-11 would be top 5 many years also doesn't say much considering there are some bad draft classes.
Well they've been comparing it to 2003 a little bit so it has to at least be somewhat decent right?