Paxson Press Conference

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Long season ahead of us......im looking for Noah to demand to be traded....possibly Rose too...they have nothing to live for now.....the teams heartbeat was snatched out there chest and......MIKE DUNLEAVY IS OUR STARTING SMALL FORWARD NOW.......LOL

LOL!!!

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Read back to yourself what you just said....you CAN'T be serious...and time to admit that you and a bunch of other people were way off about Dunleavy, who has been a very good player for the team.

the fuck?

He's not :turrible: for $3 MIL per, but he's not a starting SF for a championship contender.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
really liked the "Q: Free agent perception of the Bulls? (Due to Gordon/Deng contract stuff/conflicts)" one

that was a good question...pax didnt like it to much lulz

This has been the #1 problem for he Bulls, and the #1 reason why it's such a struggle to improve the team.

Jerry Reinsdorf is willing to pay top dollar to bring an elite player to Chicago. He has not, however, been willing to pay top dollar to assemble pieces around an elite player. This is why MJ was so frustrated playing here.

Any potential superstar choosing to sign with the Bulls comes here with the knowledge that they will carry the load on their shoulders. The Bulls will not spend extra money to bring multiple superstars here. This attitude may have changed during the mad rush for LeBron, Wade and Bosh, but the perception of the Bulls has not changed.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
ive been preaching that on here lately

thats why i want to clean house

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
the fuck?

He's not :turrible: for $3 MIL per, but he's not a starting SF for a championship contender.

Nobody said anything about Dunleavy being a starting SF on a championship contender. Never said that. Don't know anyone who did. Can you please explain where you got that argument from?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
ive been preaching that on here lately

thats why i want to clean house

Dude, was Ben Gordon's name brought up at the damn press conference? If so, by who, so I can write that publication and ask why he has a job...

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
This has been the #1 problem for he Bulls, and the #1 reason why it's such a struggle to improve the team.

Jerry Reinsdorf is willing to pay top dollar to bring an elite player to Chicago. He has not, however, been willing to pay top dollar to assemble pieces around an elite player. This is why MJ was so frustrated playing here.

Any potential superstar choosing to sign with the Bulls comes here with the knowledge that they will carry the load on their shoulders. The Bulls will not spend extra money to bring multiple superstars here. This attitude may have changed during the mad rush for LeBron, Wade and Bosh, but the perception of the Bulls has not changed.

I have often wondered if having the same owner for 2 different teams in the same city is a good thing. While realizing the Bulls and WS are 2 entirely different corporate entities, one still cannot help but wonder if spending considerations are related. I had a familiar sinking feeling after the Sox spent $$ in FA that the Bulls wouldn't be writing any huge checks.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I have often wondered if having the same owner for 2 different teams in the same city is a good thing. While realizing the Bulls and WS are 2 entirely different corporate entities, one still cannot help but wonder if spending considerations are related. I had a familiar sinking feeling after the Sox spent $$ in FA that the Bulls wouldn't be writing any huge checks.

LOL...one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Totally different financial models. Can't compare spending in one sport to spending in the other.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I don't think MJ was frustrated with the Bulls over money and their willingness to spend.

I also don't think that is the team's problem. Over the past 10 years, the Bulls have put together and maintained nice teams that would make good supporting casts for a superstar...but there was no superstar. It was FINDING another superstar, not paying for him, that was the problem.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
LOL...one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Totally different financial models. Can't compare spending in one sport to spending in the other.

If it was your $$ financing both franchises, wouldn't you take this into account when making financial decisions?.

I would.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Great point. The Bulls have been the subordinate franchise in terms of spending priority for Jerry.

Baseball will always come first as long as he has anything to say about it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I don't think MJ was frustrated with the Bulls over money and their willingness to spend.

I also don't think that is the team's problem. Over the past 10 years, the Bulls have put together and maintained nice teams that would make good supporting casts for a superstar...but there was no superstar. It was FINDING another superstar, not paying for him, that was the problem.

:enough: the fuck bruh?

That's two dumb ass remarks in one thread. How you gonna say shit like this on a Bulls forum?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
:enough: the fuck bruh?

That's two dumb ass remarks in one thread. How you gonna say shit like this on a Bulls forum?

I was saying "shit like this" on a Bulls forum before you showed up here. Its goofballs like you who show up, with nothing to say, all attitude, thinking you can dictate how a Bulls fan should act/feel/post...

But I will take your criticism to heart though. If anyone around here knows how to write dumb shit...its you.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I was saying "shit like this" on a Bulls forum before you showed up here. Its goofballs like you who show up, with nothing to say, all attitude, thinking you can dictate how a Bulls fan should act/fee/post...

But I will take your criticism to heart though. If anyone around here knows how to write dumb shit...its you.

He makes me not look so bad in your eyes, dont he?
:andruw:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Dude, was Ben Gordon's name brought up at the damn press conference? If so, by who, so I can write that publication and ask why he has a job...

Gordon isnt the only reason i say that...its several other issues and not all involve $$$...i brought up a few in another thread i also forgot to mention Lu's spinal tap situation which was handled poorly by the org

now Deng is speaking out about how he never asked for 15 million and the Bulls didnt even want to negotiate a deal and then called him up (not his agent) 3 days before he was traded and offered a 3/30m deal and told him to take it or leave it

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

except no superstar wants to play here because of how the Bulls are perceived...thats the whole argument

kukoc4ever

Liked Posts:
The Bulls have built up Cap Space many times over the last decade and have tried to throw MAX level contracts at TMAC, Grant Hill, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and others.

There may be a perception issue with the Bulls, but I don't think its an unwillingness to pay superstars big $$$.

Recently, they locked Rose up long term for big $$$ without seemingly any hesitation.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
except no superstar wants to play here because of how the Bulls are perceived...thats the whole argument

Maybe Gordon and Deng will be on the same team again and kick the Bulls ass to sock it to Pax.

How would that make you feel?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

How YOU perceive the Bulls, based on your rather insipid, sad Ben Gordon fetish, isn't how Kevin Durant may perceive the Bulls or how Lebron James may perceive them. Kobe Bryant definitely doesn't perceive them that way. I have talked about the deal for Joe Johnson that was on the table in the summer of 2010....and why it didn't happen.

Now if you think Dwight Howard...for example, shunned Chicago because he didn't like the way they treated Ben Gordon or even Pax's issues with Vinny...you are absolutely fooling yourself. The Bulls have had this problem for a while, predating the current regime.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
or maybe how YOU perceive the Bulls is different from how other ppl do

theres plenty of other fans that feel how i do...not all of them are Ben Gordon fans

sorry i dont have abunch of links to players bad mouthing the Bulls...i posted what Wade said a few years ago and it was pushed off

Maybe Gordon and Deng will be on the same team again and kick the Bulls ass to sock it to Pax.

How would that make you feel?

BG gonna end up in Miami replacing Ray Allen(retires)...just watch