Penei Sewell (OFISHAIL) LANCE STONE THREAD OF THE YEAR WINNER)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm no one is claiming the Bears rebuild was wildly successful. The only claim being made was that you were wrong about the Lions being one year ahead of us in the current rebuilds. You were suggesting the Lions rebuild started this year and the Bears will have to rebuild next year but your rebuild started in 2019 so you are 3 years ahead of us. That is the only point that was being made.

If we wanted to follow your logic then after this 4th top 10 pick the Lions need to make the playoffs as the Bears made the playoffs in 2018 after the Roquan pick. So is that your argument that you expect the Lions to make the playoffs next year?
The Lions Rebuild started with the hire of the New Gm and HC, all other talk is nonsense. The Bears will most likely do the same and shit can Nagy/Pace. If they don't, I will be laughing my ass off all offseason. Ergo, by any rational definition, the Lions rebuild started this year, with the shedding of vets like Stafford and Galloday.

If you want to make an argument about the Lions, and say "a" rebuild started with the hire of Patricia, then that is fine, but that plan was scraped and another rebuild has started.

My comments were along the same line stating that if that is the case you wanted to make, then the BEars also started a rebuild with Pace/Nagy, and now, it appears they will start another.

If we wanted to follow your logic then after this 4th top 10 pick the Lions need to make the playoffs as the Bears made the playoffs in 2018 after the Roquan pick. So is that your argument that you expect the Lions to make the playoffs next year?

Yes, i agree you could make that argument, but to be fair, the Lions would also have to make a blockbuster trade and deal away 2 1st round picks this offseason as well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Lions Rebuild started with the hire of the New Gm and HC, all other talk is nonsense. The Bears will most likely do the same and shit can Nagy/Pace. If they don't, I will be laughing my ass off all offseason. Ergo, by any rational definition, the Lions rebuild started this year, with the shedding of vets like Stafford and Galloday.

If you want to make an argument about the Lions, and say "a" rebuild started with the hire of Patricia, then that is fine, but that plan was scraped and another rebuild has started.

My comments were along the same line stating that if that is the case you wanted to make, then the BEars also started a rebuild with Pace/Nagy, and now, it appears they will start another.

Yes, i agree you could make that argument, but to be fair, the Lions would also have to make a blockbuster trade and deal away 2 1st round picks this offseason as well.
Everyone knows that rebuilding every 2 or 3 years is the guaranteed path to prolonged success.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't the Bears be four years ahead in their re-build with top 10 picks in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018?
Actually no.........that re-build ended with a massive thud in 2020. The new re-build started the second Justin Fields was drafted. No matter what you say this Lions re-build did start in 2019, and they will be in the fourth year of that re-build in 2022. Four top 10 picks should be pointing the Lions in the right direction if you believe those picks are blue chip players.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually no.........that re-build ended with a massive thud in 2020.

The new re-build started the second Justin Fields was drafted.

No matter what you say this Lions re-build did start in 2019, and they will be in the fourth year of that re-build in 2022. Four top 10 picks should be pointing the Lions in the right direction if you believe those picks are blue chip players.

What the flying fuck kind of logic is this?

Ours didn't count, but yours did?

LOL GFTO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The issue is the Lions never left their rebuild under Patricia. The Bears started a rebuild and it ended once we made the playoffs. It was ultimately an unsuccessful rebuild so we may have to start another one but the point is Pace built a competitive team that was at least able to make the playoffs twice.

By contrast the rebuild under Patricia was so bad that yall fired him in the midst of the rebuild and now are continuing that rebuild with a new regime.

The fact is yall will have had had 4 top 10 picks. Yall already did a trade for 2 1st from the Rams so yall did a blockbuster trade for more picks rather than for a player. So up to yall to capitalize on it. You will actually have 4 top 10 picks and another 1st rounder from the Rams this year and next. More than enough to complete a rebuild if yall had done it right.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
What the flying fuck kind of logic is this?

Ours didn't count, but yours did?

LOL GFTO.
Never said that.......Never even implied that. How did you come to that conclusion from my original question? Shouldn't the Lions be three years ahead with their re-build with top 10 picks in 2019, 2020 and 2021? I did not compare these re-builds, only stated the truth, the Lions started their current re-build with three top 10 players.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Never said that.......Never even implied that. How did you come to that conclusion from my original question? Shouldn't the Lions be three years ahead with their re-build with top 10 picks in 2019, 2020 and 2021? I did not compare these re-builds, only stated the truth, the Lions started their current re-build with three top 10 players.
Because he's stupid as fuck. This has been common knowledge for quite some time now.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is a solid dink and dunk pass catcher. No one going to mistake him for CJ though who had a 15.8 YPR his rookie year and 15.9 for his career.
Yeah, I don’t think anybody is saying he is going to be the next C.J. Especially any Lion fans. It is a record regardless of how insignificant he is.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney with 126 yards to finish over 1k yards.
And still a lower catch rate.........

Nice garbage time stats though......

Oh no Remy. St. Brown finishes with over 10 yard per reception for the season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Most of his catches where when the Bears were ahead.

Good for St Brown finally cracking 10 YPR on the year. Mooney still finished with more yards and a higher YPR.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Can you please state your Fandom? Are you a Bears fan? Are you a Lions fan? Are you both? For real. Come clean here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of his catches where when the Bears were ahead.

Good for St Brown finally cracking 10 YPR on the year. Mooney still finished with more yards and a higher YPR.
Less touchdowns, more targets, and more starts, reps.

Catch rate isn't even remotely close........

Shall we compare rookie years?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Less touchdowns, more targets, and more starts, reps.

Catch rate isn't even remotely close........

Shall we compare rookie years?

Lol 1 less TD. YPR and Yards still higher. Sorry.

Are you dense? I already told you pages ago your better case was to compare their rookie years. St Brown had better rookie year statistically. Mooney had a better 2021 overall.