Perlini Requests Trade

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was never a big fan of the guy. But watch him excel on another team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot about him... he can fuck off.

I agree but in some ways his game is what they are lacking and keep trying to replicate with Jewels/Shaw/Nylander and now Dach.

He is a mature 6'4" 210lb forward. He should be running with Cat-Strome probably if Dach shouldn't be.

Why wouldn't he request a trade? How many games has he been in press box?

I'm not even sure how the Hawks are carrying so many players..I guess Dach is except or something? I've been waiting for Nylander or Perlini to be sent down but Nylander keeps flashing and Perlini isn't getting opportunity.

3 first rounders they are trying to find a spot for.

I know the Oilers could use one of our depth wings. I think we have 1 or 2 that played with McDavid somewhere too.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I forgot about him... he can fuck off.

Yeah I concur, he had a decent stretch in games that didn't matter. Then he plays a bit of hardball this off-season based on that? Give me a break. He was terrible right when he came here, then he got hot when the season didn't matter anymore.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I concur, he had a decent stretch in games that didn't matter. Then he plays a bit of hardball this off-season based on that? Give me a break. He was terrible right when he came here, then he got hot when the season didn't matter anymore.

I always saw him as kinda the side dish of that trade... if it turned out to be good it was a bonus, if not he can fuck off.

Strome was the main part of that trade.

AcesandEights

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why Stan resigned Perlini. They had already acquired Nylander before resigning Perlini and we all knew Nylander was going to get a long look. They had already drafted Dach and I think it was generally accepted Dach was going to at least get his 9 game trial. If Dach gets sent to juniors, will Perlini start getting ice time?
That makes me wonder what the plans for Perlini were when he was resigned. Surely the plans weren't to keep him on the bench.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why Stan resigned Perlini. They had already acquired Nylander before resigning Perlini and we all knew Nylander was going to get a long look. They had already drafted Dach and I think it was generally accepted Dach was going to at least get his 9 game trial. If Dach gets sent to juniors, will Perlini start getting ice time?
That makes me wonder what the plans for Perlini were when he was resigned. Surely the plans weren't to keep him on the bench.

injuries. They determined they needed more depth and with the way injuries can happen any game I think they are just utilizing Dach's 9 games, and not looking further than that. In that time an injury is likely, and you move forward with the players they have.

I am surprised they are so high on Gilbert, but kudos to him beating out Dahlstrom for that spot.

Koekkoek/Gus/Perlini all look expendable at this point and can be replaced with more well rounded players.

Perlini has no leverage in this situation and his agent is just doing his job. He can't earn a better paycheck if he isn't playing.

As for the Hawks...why wouldn't they re-sign him? He had no leverage, he couldn't command more than minimum, and was just a RFA...he belongs to us.

With any luck they will be able to showcase him a bit for a short term and get something back if they can produce a good points/game line to give some teams hope.

Currently Nylander has been gotten to, imo. This "showcase" for him has seemingly transformed his effort and we are seeing a more willing player sacrificing himself. I wasn't sure he was going to make it, but now I see his potential to be more than Perlini as his mind is catching up to the game and allowing his body to act quickly.

Even if Nylander goes down for a minute to retain both Perlini and Dach, its my opinion this experience polished him up a bit and he will be back soon.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Perlini, you have to wonder if other teams think: "This guy couldn't even earn a spot on a team that can't score... hmmm".

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Perlini, you have to wonder if other teams think: "This guy couldn't even earn a spot on a team that can't score... hmmm".
I'm sure some team will take a chance and figure, Perlini hasn't had an opportunity in Chicago this season , so a change scenery may be good for him, and if it isn't ...his salary is so de minimis we won't even feel it.

AcesandEights

Liked Posts:

True. It's sort of like an NFL team that needed another O-lineman looking at an O-lineman the Bears had just cut. ?

AcesandEights

Liked Posts:
I'm sure some team will take a chance and figure, Perlini hasn't had an opportunity in Chicago this season , so a change scenery may be good for him, and if it isn't ...his salary is so de minimis we won't even feel it.
[/QUOTE

I would agree. Someone will look at his talent and since he won't cost them much, gamble they can get him straightened out and playing more consistently.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think it just points out how broken the system is for restricted free agents. There were big names waiting to fall this off season, but outside teams were not making offers. Why? These players who sign for less than 1,379,503 there is no draft compensation, not even late round. So 1,379,504, they would get a third round pick.
I highly doubt anyone gives up a headache or late round pick in return.
So did other general managers think they would be wasting their time writing a contract Chicago would just accept, or does nobody really think he was worth making an offer to?
Either way, you would think they would want to get him in the lineup to get a better deal, or see if he can help a team who is basically 2-6

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We don't have to trade him just because he wants it. Saarela requested a trade out of Carolina and I wonder if he did here too. I think agents are just more aware of the value of opportunity than ever before and we leave in an immediate world. No patience to work it out, "trade me" is the easy answer that doesn't involve searching your soul and figuring it out where you are.

I won't even consider it until an answer on Dach. Nylander is still a ?.

I want to see Perlini show us AND other teams how bad he wants it every time he gets opportunity. The situation they created is tough on him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it just points out how broken the system is for restricted free agents. There were big names waiting to fall this off season, but outside teams were not making offers. Why? These players who sign for less than 1,379,503 there is no draft compensation, not even late round. So 1,379,504, they would get a third round pick.
I highly doubt anyone gives up a headache or late round pick in return.
So did other general managers think they would be wasting their time writing a contract Chicago would just accept, or does nobody really think he was worth making an offer to?
Either way, you would think they would want to get him in the lineup to get a better deal, or see if he can help a team who is basically 2-6

Correction. Without a line-up spin you can already count 2-7. The Hawks had zero chance against the Flyers, it was just a matter of time. 1 shot on goal in a period is domination. Colorado is REALLY good too. Its the Preds and Avs we are chasing probably, the rest of division has come back a bit with the Blues a little overrated but probably 3rd until proven otherwise.

I knew we shouldn't fuck around with young kids in this early schedule. They should have sorted out the youts in Rockford and gone all experience for this early stretch. You could see that coming...

I didn't see that Colloton would be so slow to spin lines in a functional way though. Right now I don't feel any closer to success...it feels further away than 10 days ago. We seem lost.

Liked Posts:
Spot on Rasko!! Perlini and Smith should have been starting in front Nylander, Dach, Kampf or Caggulia and Saad should be playing in the top six.
I'm sure that it's not all on Colliton because StanBo has most likely had a hand in whom is in the line up and whom is not. A big part of the problem is that they have so many similar players competing for the same roster spots. This happens when you place too much emphasis on analytics when assembling a roster.

Colliton's part in this is that he has no idea how to fix it. He has said as much in the last two post games. You have a 34 year old Head Coach that has less than one full season of NHL experience and 32 total NHL wins to his credit calling out the work ethic of players that have won multiple Stanley Cup Championships.
It's the players, it's the players, it's the players... well maybe if you can't get them to play hard for you than maybe it's YOU and not them.

BTW - I also want to point out for all the StanBo Butt-sniffers out there that were yodeling from the roof tops about his genius for pulling off the Strome and Perlini for Schmaltz deal last year that Strome is struggling so badly that he is now on the 4th line and Perlini is on his way out of town while Schmaltz leads the Yotes in scoring and is currently on pace for an 80 points plus season. Genius indeed!

And while I'm on a rant, wouldn't it be nice if they could have moved Henri Jokiharju into that third D pairing instead of Slater F#@king Koekkoek!!!! Genius indeed!!

Somebody better wake up Rockwell from his boozy slumber because the ship is still taking on water and just about to go Tits Up!

Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, as far as how other teams might see Brendan Perlini: I would think they should see a big, physical, good skating , young, power forward that is a streaky goal scorer that struggles with consistency that they might now get at a bargain price because his current Head Coach has failed to recognize the same.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
VVV
^^^^
This. After all, we thought the same about Nylander.

If Perlini wants out, fine. He won't be the savior--the holes on this team are too numerous and all gostse.cx-like. Plus, it's not like he'll be the only guy in recent years who wants, and gets out and starts looking a hell of a lot better. The question is what Stan gets back for him.

Personally, I'm expecting a twice-used colostomy bag, but I'm cynical that way.

Granada

Liked Posts:
We don't have to trade him just because he wants it. Saarela requested a trade out of Carolina and I wonder if he did here too. I think agents are just more aware of the value of opportunity than ever before and we leave in an immediate world. No patience to work it out, "trade me" is the easy answer that doesn't involve searching your soul and figuring it out where you are.

I won't even consider it until an answer on Dach. Nylander is still a ?.

I want to see Perlini show us AND other teams how bad he wants it every time he gets opportunity. The situation they created is tough on him.

It's funny you say this, because I remember feeling the exact same way about Daley. Right when we traded him, he was actually starting to play decent, yet Bowman moved him anyway because Daley demanded it. I always thought that was just stupid that the Hawks would give up on him so quickly. I could see if Daley was a years-long Hawks veteran who was demanding a trade, but he was far from that; Bowman didn't owe him a thing and he might have panned out eventually on the back end.

I'm not saying we should keep Perlini; I really don't care if he's moved at all. Just saying that Daley maybe would have worked out here if Bowman didn't buckle so fast on his request to be traded.