Perlini Requests Trade

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think 6 more games for Dach and then he may or may not get his wish.

But its 6 more games for an injury where we need him too. It doesn't serve us to make this decision now. We can make a move in a couple more weeks to figure out the best 20 guys for the Hawks to get into early next year and the trade deadline.

Bad time to ask for a trade as we are clearly in a sort it out holding pattern through the Dach 9.

I would explain to Perlini that his situation doesn't change. If he wants to be a Hawk he needs to get out there and do the work that makes him valuable. If he wants a trade he needs to get out there and do the work the makes him valuable so they have any interest in moving him.

Perform or Rockford is likely destination to be called up after an injury or two if he can hack it down there and be the hot guy at that time, or drum up some trade value from there. He needs to play with a bottomless fire when he is getting opportunity and that is all there is to it.

No point in trading him now when he just needs 5 good games with Cat-Strome to actually be worth something.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It's funny you say this, because I remember feeling the exact same way about Daley. Right when we traded him, he was actually starting to play decent, yet Bowman moved him anyway because Daley demanded it. I always thought that was just stupid that the Hawks would give up on him so quickly. I could see if Daley was a years-long Hawks veteran who was demanding a trade, but he was far from that; Bowman didn't owe him a thing and he might have panned out eventually on the back end.

I'm not saying we should keep Perlini; I really don't care if he's moved at all. Just saying that Daley maybe would have worked out here if Bowman didn't buckle so fast on his request to be traded.
no, Daley did not fit the Q system, he went to a system that he was comfortable playing in. Same way Kepny is a good player in washington. The problem was stan bringing Daley in here in the first place. Daley was never going to work it out here. All the years of watching our D men clear pucks up the center of the ice, to get picked off and turned over at the blue line is not something all defenders are willing to do, just because it just ain't right.

So far DeHaan and Maata look like better fits, but maybe Daley would have been good in this current man system.

Granada

Liked Posts:
no, Daley did not fit the Q system, he went to a system that he was comfortable playing in. Same way Kepny is a good player in washington. The problem was stan bringing Daley in here in the first place. Daley was never going to work it out here. All the years of watching our D men clear pucks up the center of the ice, to get picked off and turned over at the blue line is not something all defenders are willing to do, just because it just ain't right.

So far DeHaan and Maata look like better fits, but maybe Daley would have been good in this current man system.

Disagree. I don't compare Daley to Kempny at all. Daley was an established top-4 D-man at the time he came to Chicago, compared to Kempny, who had just entered the league. If Brian Campbell could excel and fit in Q's system, there was no real reason why a vet D-man like Daley couldn't. It of course was understandable why a player as green as Kempny couldn't, who did excel in Washington because their D-corp was much deeper.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's funny you say this, because I remember feeling the exact same way about Daley. Right when we traded him, he was actually starting to play decent, yet Bowman moved him anyway because Daley demanded it. I always thought that was just stupid that the Hawks would give up on him so quickly. I could see if Daley was a years-long Hawks veteran who was demanding a trade, but he was far from that; Bowman didn't owe him a thing and he might have panned out eventually on the back end.

I'm not saying we should keep Perlini; I really don't care if he's moved at all. Just saying that Daley maybe would have worked out here if Bowman didn't buckle so fast on his request to be traded.
Agree offensively, disagree defensively--since Daley was never a defensive D-man. That being said, I agree with your whole premise. Stan seriously jumped the gun with Daley and the return was lukewarm anal seepage: Rob Scuderi. We retained salary and he was waived--with buried cap *and* RSA affecting the team.

That is a major loss on the trade block by Stan--Trading a guy out who was cold but warming up for a guy, who was completely Meh., retaining salary, and then waiving him and having his buried cap hit on the books. The tale of the tape was we were paying something like 3M in cap for Daley--a warm body on the ice at his worst and something like 1.5M for Rob Scuderi to *not* play? Hell, Daley even cold was playing better than 1.5M. Epic trade loss.

That being said I hope Stan learned from it and doesn't trade Perlini just to trade him. He needs to get something of value back even if it's kicking the can down the road--even a depth draft pick. What I am worried about is Stan trying to trade out Perlini for Scuderi v2.0 who causes more problems than he solves.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regula, 19. was drafted by former Wings general manager Ken Holland in the third round in 2018. He has four goals and seven assists in 10 games with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League this season. He is the son of former Wings dentist Chet Regula

Granada

Liked Posts:
Agree offensively, disagree defensively--since Daley was never a defensive D-man. That being said, I agree with your whole premise. Stan seriously jumped the gun with Daley and the return was lukewarm anal seepage: Rob Scuderi. We retained salary and he was waived--with buried cap *and* RSA affecting the team.

That is a major loss on the trade block by Stan--Trading a guy out who was cold but warming up for a guy, who was completely Meh., retaining salary, and then waiving him and having his buried cap hit on the books. The tale of the tape was we were paying something like 3M in cap for Daley--a warm body on the ice at his worst and something like 1.5M for Rob Scuderi to *not* play? Hell, Daley even cold was playing better than 1.5M. Epic trade loss.

That being said I hope Stan learned from it and doesn't trade Perlini just to trade him. He needs to get something of value back even if it's kicking the can down the road--even a depth draft pick. What I am worried about is Stan trying to trade out Perlini for Scuderi v2.0 who causes more problems than he solves.

Yes, but neither was Campbell though, and he excelled. Oduya too was really neither -- he wasn't good anywhere else before or after he played on the Hawks. Anyways, it's spilled milk.

God, I forgot that was the return. Bowman always loved to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, with regards to D-men (Ehrhoff, Scuderi, Kostka, O'Donnell, Lepisto, Campoli, Johnnsson, I could go on).

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wonder who gets a shot to be the 23rd player now. Sikura is playing well in Rockford, but they probably need him playing nightly.

There is also a report now that the hawks are looking to deal Zach smith and his 3.25 cap hit thru next season. We knew AA did not have much left for this team, especially with Dach, miss his net front presence when he lumbered down there, but they got an equally square peg for a round hole with him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wonder who gets a shot to be the 23rd player now. Sikura is playing well in Rockford, but they probably need him playing nightly.

There is also a report now that the hawks are looking to deal Zach smith and his 3.25 cap hit thru next season. We knew AA did not have much left for this team, especially with Dach, miss his net front presence when he lumbered down there, but they got an equally square peg for a round hole with him.

I hope this is true. I understood wanting to move AA, but I did not like this particular trade, as Smith is nothing more than an overpaid 4th liner and the savings were minimal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yes, but neither was Campbell though, and he excelled. Oduya too was really neither -- he wasn't good anywhere else before or after he played on the Hawks. Anyways, it's spilled milk.

God, I forgot that was the return. Bowman always loved to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, with regards to D-men (Ehrhoff, Scuderi, Kostka, O'Donnell, Lepisto, Campoli, Johnnsson, I could go on).
There are some names I never want to think about again

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regula, 19. was drafted by former Wings general manager Ken Holland in the third round in 2018. He has four goals and seven assists in 10 games with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League this season. He is the son of former Wings dentist Chet Regula

Nice

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Campbell in his 1st go-around had great D around him. Can't say the same about Daley. The 2016 D was bad--even if the only reason it was bad was being gassed for all of the deep playoff runs. Maybe it wasn't 2018 or 2019 bad, but it was still bad. Come to think of it...Wasn't Hjammer pared with both of them in their glory years? Explains a lot. I think Daley had Seabs for the bulk of his icetime.

I think you're onto something with "let's see what sticks." And the 2009-2014 D could handle that with Keith, Seabs, and Hjammer being in their prime they could carry lesser defensive players. Leddy, for example...except Leddy had O. The rest of them you mentioned...yeah, it's like he's looking on the slag heap for guys who could soak up minutes & not shoot the team in the foot. The slag heap is not where you go for that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

For the love of fuck no! The idea is to get Toews *going*--not give him a player that's fake tits on a zombie level of worthless.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Campbell in his 1st go-around had great D around him. Can't say the same about Daley. The 2016 D was bad--even if the only reason it was bad was being gassed for all of the deep playoff runs. Maybe it wasn't 2018 or 2019 bad, but it was still bad. Come to think of it...Wasn't Hjammer pared with both of them in their glory years? Explains a lot. I think Daley had Seabs for the bulk of his icetime.

I think you're onto something with "let's see what sticks." And the 2009-2014 D could handle that with Keith, Seabs, and Hjammer being in their prime they could carry lesser defensive players. Leddy, for example...except Leddy had O. The rest of them you mentioned...yeah, it's like he's looking on the slag heap for guys who could soak up minutes & not shoot the team in the foot. The slag heap is not where you go for that.

Eh, I wouldn't characterize it as that. Campbell was top-4 -- it wasn't so much he was "surrounded" by great D, it's that he was the great D (in a figurative sense). Daley was being groomed to be so also. And Oduya -- was he "great," or did Q just get the most out of him? I wouldn't call Oduya "great." Solid, yes, but not great.

Daley had Keith, Seabs, and Hammer. Should've been plenty.

Okay, let's get off this shitty Daley subject. I'm not trying to die on a hill for the guy.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Not a bad trade. Younger player and the whole Perlini situation was a mess.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
free dental work for the Hawks

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Please stop, that's ample PTSD material.