Pernell McPhee roughing the passer penalty

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
How many of you needed to use every ounce of control in you, to keep from destroying something in your house on that play?

I think my neighbors down the block heard me yelling at the TV.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It goes:

1. Tate play
2. McPhee
3. Holding call

Just one of those called correctly and we probably are 3-3 with a hope of at least an interesting season ahead. Instead it's over. Yes it was probably always over but it would have been nice to at least watch with something on the line.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I was more angry at the clear non catch by Tate being OVERTURNED for a TD. But yeah, that was brutal.

No doubt about that play either. Although how many of us were actually surprised to see them overturn it? Not because it should have been but because it's the Bears.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears didn't do themselves any favors by running up the gut with Forte on multiple possessions and going 3 and out both at the end of regulation and in OT. But whatever, I expected them to suck. At least they are fighting this year, which automatically makes it better than last season.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
It goes:

1. Tate play
2. McPhee
3. Holding call

Just one of those called correctly and we probably are 3-3 with a hope of at least an interesting season ahead. Instead it's over. Yes it was probably always over but it would have been nice to at least watch with something on the line.

The Bears had so many big plays today that could have turned this game the other way.

Cutler INT
Cutler missing Forte on a big pass
Forte not being able to earn some tough yards for nearly the entire game
Forte for being a bad pass blocking RB
O-line for being bad like they are all too often
WR for dropping balls all too often on big short yardage plays and multiple bombs thrown directly into their hands.
WR for stupid penalties
TE for playing like shit today
Special teams for appearing to be near mediocre and then allowing the fake punt to rip them a new one with 5 minutes to go.
Defense for allowing the most overall yards this season
Defense for allowing Stafford to light them up like an Xmas tree
Defense for a couple of stupid penalties, none bigger than the McPhee one
Fox/Gase for getting ultra conservative when they shouldn't have
Fox for poor clock management--something that was a critique against him coming into this season
Fox for trusting his defense as opposed to his offense
Then the ref stuff like your 1. and 3.

Today had so many plays that were maddening to watch but without a doubt your 3 are either the top 3 or strong favorites to be the top 3.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Bears didn't do themselves any favors by running up the gut with Forte on multiple possessions and going 3 and out both at the end of regulation and in OT. But whatever, I expected them to suck. At least they are fighting this year, which automatically makes it better than last season.

Very true on the fighting part and not giving up. Unfortunately that wont get the Bears very far this year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears had so many big plays today that could have turned this game the other way.

Cutler INT
WR for dropping balls all too often on big short yardage plays and multiple bombs thrown directly into their hands.
WR for stupid penalties
Special teams for appearing to be near mediocre and then allowing the fake punt to rip them a new one with 5 minutes to go.
Fox for poor clock management--something that was a critique against him coming into this season

Today had so many plays that were maddening to watch but without a doubt your 3 are either the top 3 or strong favorites to be the top 3.

It was death by a thousand paper cuts.
Missed tackles, poor coverage, awful blocking....

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
How many of you needed to use every ounce of control in you, to keep from destroying something in your house on that play?

I think my neighbors down the block heard me yelling at the TV.

That play reminded me of when a Punter would go down by the slightest grazing of a finger. It's acting and Stafford pulled it off. It's a bs call by the refs but it is a part of the game even if it has nothing to do with football.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

Cutler INT
WR for stupid penalties

This is why it's hard for me to blame just one guy or one coach. This game was a shit show and the refs were just a part of it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Regardless of all the other mistakes, they still could have won if the coaching staff put them in a position to win the game instead of playing it safe

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Regardless of all the other mistakes, they still could have won if the coaching staff put them in a position to win the game instead of playing it safe

The Bears killed themselves today and it was a slow death.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Cutler INT
WR for stupid penalties

No doubt about it. Just might be me but I can live with player mistakes, or I should say they don't get me furious. Refs and Coaches make my blood boil though.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
No doubt about it. Just might be me but I can live with player mistakes, or I should say they don't get me furious. Refs and Coaches make my blood boil though.

Very true, if the coaches are making mistakes. Then it should be expected the players will as well.