Pernell McPhee roughing the passer penalty

Nick80

Liked Posts:
The sad thing is all these rules are open to the crews that officiate.

For instance there was a play called for a hold, not clear who it was on but on a the replay it did show Warford going low on Goldman who was engaged by the center which is an imediate 15 yarder as he went below the knee. It's called in other games but not this one.

The other one and it comes on the play where Riddick uses the ref but there is a block on the blindside of one of the DBs by a WR, which I thought was no longer allowed in the game.

Alllll sorts of wrong with this game as an overall and it just goes to show that some days the calls go for you and other days they don't.

Can't have Detroit turning back to the roots of the past or have situations the Jags have had over the last few seasons with blackouts etc.

*removes tin foil hat*

Seizures later all!

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
that shit was weak[video]http://giphy.com/gifs/6qrf1W8BgfC24/html5[/video]

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The NFL is ridiculous with some of these rules. That goes not just for the Bears, but all teams.

Bleacher Report is reporting team executives talking about getting new rules czar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said some very bad words on that call. It was not a dirty play and was critical to the game being lost.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
i just re watched the play. what a BS call by the ref. Bears played bad but the refs called a really bad game.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I can't believe our ST is coached worse than the last 2 years. We're playing a winless team with nothing to lose and Rodgers doesn't get them ready for a fake punt?

With 5 minutes to go making it a much stonger possibility of happening added on top of it.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
I was mad at Mcphee for doing it. He should have been smarter on that play and time of the game

I was mad too, but the fact he came back out that next drive and drilled Stafford made me very happy. Stafford was hurt.. And we still let them win in overtime we still have a very bad secondary and everyone knew and if they didn't they know it now. But pretty sure everyone knew. This whole game was bs the fact that the Bears keep coming back is pretty awesome, but at the same time it's pathetic we can't expect to come back every week. This should of been the Bears blow out win. Terrible clock management and play calling and terrible defense let Detroit Lions win.

All I know though, is this Bears team is going to give someone a heart attack with all this 4th quarter comeback shit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears didn't do themselves any favors by running up the gut with Forte on multiple possessions and going 3 and out both at the end of regulation and in OT. But whatever, I expected them to suck. At least they are fighting this year, which automatically makes it better than last season.

No they didn't do themselves any favors. And on those running up the gut plays, why do they most always run to the left side? and why do they pretty much always split Forte out to the left side? They are just so predictable on the running game:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With 5 minutes to go making it a much stonger possibility of happening added on top of it.

What he said. I'm in a bar watching the game with another Bear's fan and we talked about watching for the fake punt. The words hardly got out of my mouth when he broke it:(

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thought it was on the "weak" side of things but still thought it was the correct call.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
The penalty calls/non-calls were stupid as well as Tates TD. However, can somebody on the coaching staff keep in mind that a team might go for a fake punt on 4th and centimeters?

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
You go anywhere near the knees on a QB and they'll call it every time.

That used to be true, but they don't seem to call it as often as 5 or so years ago.

I can't remember and couldn't record it, did they specify what they called or was it just the generic "personally foul, roughing?" If they called low hit, I have no problem with that call, if they called late hit, I think that is the wrong call, McPhee wasn't in a position to know whether the ball was thrown, or not.

NFL Rule 12, Section 2, Article 13, 1: Roughing will be called if, in the Referee’s judgment, a pass rusher clearly should have known that the ball had already left the passer’s hand before contact was made

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The penalty calls/non-calls were stupid as well as Tates TD. However, can somebody on the coaching staff keep in mind that a team might go for a fake punt on 4th and centimeters?

How about Jon Shoop being resurrected with 2 minutes left when we ran 3 shitty run plays in a row. Every human being on the planet knew that was coming.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That used to be true, but they don't seem to call it as often as 5 or so years ago.

I can't remember and couldn't record it, did they specify what they called or was it just the generic "personally foul, roughing?" If they called low hit, I have no problem with that call, if they called late hit, I think that is the wrong call, McPhee wasn't in a position to know whether the ball was thrown, or not.

NFL Rule 12, Section 2, Article 13, 1: Roughing will be called if, in the Referee’s judgment, a pass rusher clearly should have known that the ball had already left the passer’s hand before contact was made

When the QB is in the pocket they are protected. Don't hit them in the head or knees whether they have the ball or not.