Peter Gammons: "it's a dump, Wrigley Field."

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, Wrigley's only like 100 years old. And it hasn't been renovated that I remember within that time. So of course it's going to have some issues. But Ricketts needs to stop being a Jew and stop relying on the state for 250 million dollars and just fix it.

Then he needs to work on the dump that takes the field every day.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
peter gammons is a douche. fenway was a dump before they renovated it. when Wrigley gets its renovation, it'll be fine.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well thats a nice way to put it, asshole

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
:D, Just to make it clear in now a full time South sider, no hate towards the Cubbies, growing up I was 60%/40% Cubs over Sox. Now im 90/10 Sox over Cubs, and seldom post in here. but I could talk all day long about how Wrigley is a disadvantage and a dump. And the only reason the Red Sox won those world series was because they had steroid freaks mashing balls outta their dump.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
peter gammons is a douche. fenway was a dump before they renovated it. when Wrigley gets its renovation, it'll be fine.

the playing field is what i hate. no foul ground, no bullpens, brick in the outfield wall, really? still, its 2011, put some padding on that shit, take down those gays as baskets, and get some real bullpens. but Cubs people hate change, so nothing ill change.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
i'm going to take a shit on gammons' front porch and show him what a dump really looks like. :smug:

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
the playing field is what i hate. no foul ground, no bullpens, brick in the outfield wall, really? still, its 2011, put some padding on that shit, take down those gays as baskets, and get some real bullpens. but Cubs people hate change, so nothing ill change.

Realistically, none of that can change unless Wrigley is torn down. Without tearing it down, there's no room to put bullpens, batting cages, etc.

I don't have a problem with the baskets. Now that you do mention it, pads would be a good idea in the OF (but like you say, I'd hate to see the ivy go).

What's wrong with the playing field? I've heard that it isn't great, but there are worse places to play.

Rick

Liked Posts:
I've been to Wrigley many times and it's great to watch baseball there but it's time for a new stadium. It's too old and I hate the fact that it's in the middle of a neighborhood.

It's time to get a state of the art facility. It'll never happen though, Wrigley is a cash cow and the Cubs will play there until it's no longer possible.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Realistically, none of that can change unless Wrigley is torn down. Without tearing it down, there's no room to put bullpens, batting cages, etc.

I don't have a problem with the baskets. Now that you do mention it, pads would be a good idea in the OF (but like you say, I'd hate to see the ivy go).

What's wrong with the playing field? I've heard that it isn't great, but there are worse places to play.

Exactly. sorry didnt mean the playing surface, meant the dimensions of the park, and that also cant be changed unless its torn down. dimensions in correlation to their bein no foul grounds or modern day bullpens, shits too small and close together,down the left field, right field walls. Eckstein homered in back to back games there.

Last edited:

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been to Wrigley many times and it's great to watch baseball there but it's time for a new stadium. It's too old and I hate the fact that it's in the middle of a neighborhood.

It's time to get a state of the art facility. It'll never happen though, Wrigley is a cash cow and the Cubs will play there until it's no longer possible.

all of this.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:

disagree. Wrigley and Fenway are two parks that shouldn't be torn down as long as they're safe fields to play in. they represent the days of baseball when it truly was America's game and the players played for love of the game. tradition like that should stay as long as possible.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
disagree. Wrigley and Fenway are two parks that shouldn't be torn down as long as they're safe fields to play in. they represent the days of baseball when it truly was America's game and the players played for love of the game. tradition like that should stay as long as possible.

nowadays we play for champions and multi-million dollar contracts. Times have changed, and the players have changed, the game has changed. Traditon of what? 100 years of losing. if they build it they will come.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
well that's your opinion. Boston has Fenway and championships. Cubs can have the same as well.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
well that's your opinion. Boston has Fenway and championships. Cubs can have the same as well.

like i said steroid freaks up and down that lineup, i dont see sammy walking through those doors

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
whether or not the cubs play good depends little on the stadium..but of the actual team and personnel...

agree 100%. sure the wind could be blowing in or out, but that affects both teams playing that day.

the fact is, the front office has been piss-terrible in scouting talent and drafting...huge reason why this team has the bloated contracts for sorry-ano, ramirez, etc.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Gammons publicly stated a similar sentiment about his beloved Fenway.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
whether or not the cubs play good depends little on the stadium..but of the actual team and personnel...

idk, I think Wrigley can be pretty intimidating for the home team, if your not mentally strong enough to deal with all that pressure, especially, say deep in the playoffs, a la, Alex Gonzalez and Prior in 03.
choke