Peter Gammons: "it's a dump, Wrigley Field."

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
idk, I think Wrigley can be pretty intimidating for the home team, if your not mentally strong enough to deal with all that pressure, especially, say deep in the playoffs, a la, Alex Gonzalez and Prior in 03.
choke

i guess yankee stadium was pretty intimidating for new york in '04 then. :lol:

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
the cell, nothing fancy, but we had modern day bullpens, good dimensions, and you know ..
no need to there:D

Last edited:

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
one time in 88 years isn't much better than the Cubs. plus most people could care less what the sox do. they can't even fill the park in a good season. pretty sad to me.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
one time in 88 years isn't much better than the Cubs. plus most people could care less what the sox do. they can't even fill the park in a good season. pretty sad to me.

what? 1 is better than none. Cub fans should take a page outta our book, dont show up to watch a losing product. Atleast our billionaire owner doesnt call us out for not showing up :D

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
sox "fans" don't even show up when they're winning. but two different teams and two different fan bases.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Lower level seemed fine to me when I was there, but the upper deck needs to be completely rebuilt IMO.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
peter gammons is a douche. fenway was a dump before they renovated it. when Wrigley gets its renovation, it'll be fine.

Fenway's seats are still a lot smaller than Wrigley's. Plus Wrigley has better food than Fenway. Plus there's an acutal neighborhood around Wrigley and not some highway. All of this is true even after the renovation.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Gammons publicly stated a similar sentiment about his beloved Fenway.

...........Did you not read the entire article or something?

Gammon's is right. Wrigley is a dump. So was Fenway. Gammon's was saying it then and mentioned it again in this article.

Cubs fans getting all defensive about Wrigley is hilarious, an calling Rickett's a "jew" because he wants the state to help out after he just BOUGHT THE CUBS, is also hilarious.

Wrigley being in that neighborhood is awesome IMO and whoever said Fenway is by a highway is about 5% right. Fenway is still located in a neighborhood and the turnpike isn't THAT close to it.

Pointing out the Red Sox were on steroids when they won their WS is also laughable because if the Cubs had won in 2003 2/3'rds of their OF was roided to the gills and on top of that no Red Sox failed any tests in any of the seasons they won.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys realize that the Boston Red Sox had won some World Series championships prior to their long drought in Fenway Park, right?

Wrigley Field has never seen a Cubs World Series championship. The Cubs won their two titles before Wrigley Field existed or was even Wrigley Field.

Just a thought.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
homer+kool+aid.jpg

a sox troll? sweet. well I won't feed you, then maybe you'll starve. :smug:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Cubs fans getting all defensive about Wrigley is hilarious, an calling Rickett's a "jew" because he wants the state to help out after he just BOUGHT THE CUBS, is also hilarious.

Calling him a jew was unnecessary, but lets not pretend Ricketts is poor. If you can afford to buy a MLB franchise, you got some change laying around.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the yanks with their amazing history built new, the cubs for sure can. this whole wrigley thing is dumb

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Calling him a jew was unnecessary, but lets not pretend Ricketts is poor. If you can afford to buy a MLB franchise, you got some change laying around.

:obama: at referring to $250 million as "change"

Seriously?

One would think the OPPOSITE of what you said. He just bought a baseball team so he may not have as much laying around as before.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
...........Did you not read the entire article or something?

Gammon's is right. Wrigley is a dump. So was Fenway. Gammon's was saying it then and mentioned it again in this article.

Wrigley being in that neighborhood is awesome IMO and whoever said Fenway is by a highway is about 5% right. Fenway is still located in a neighborhood and the turnpike isn't THAT close to it.

Pointing out the Red Sox were on steroids when they won their WS is also laughable because if the Cubs had won in 2003 2/3'rds of their OF was roided to the gills and on top of that no Red Sox failed any tests in any of the seasons they won.

Nope, I didn't bother to read it...which is why I put the word wonder in my statement. I wasn't disagreeing with Gammons, either. It's good that he did then and now and they way I understand it is the improvements completed on Fenway provides hope in the future for Cub fans.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the yanks with their amazing history built new, the cubs for sure can. this whole wrigley thing is dumb

The Yankees also had public/government funding.

:obama: at referring to $250 million as "change"

Seriously?

One would think the OPPOSITE of what you said. He just bought a baseball team so he may not have as much laying around as before.