Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky is a mental case. Too often he had the deer in headlights look. One bad throw or bad read would start a downward spiral. He couldn't shake it off or bounce back
Yup. In 2018, he was clueless on the O and just ran around and made plays. If his accuracy was as good as his last year here (almost average) we probably get a bye in the playoffs. Unfortunately, that was his ceiling. Nagy told us all the nobody would understand the O in year 1 and Mitch was not under that pressure.

You could see the gears grinding in that little brane in 2018. So tentative and late on throws. Thinking about his mechanics in the pocket. I'd like to blame the staff more for messing with him too much (they did) but with that tentative turtling, they couldn't exactly 1/2 field roll him all the time either. Bears were fucked either way.

What's interesting is that the 2 QBs in this draft that were most likely smartest and experienced enough in the correct concepts to get the most of this O early went 4 and 5.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well he was great against the blitz in 2018 but that was pre shoulder injury. His QBR was top 5 and that was because his running particularly on 3rd down was exceptional. Then he turned into a bitch after the shoulder injury and teams gameplanned to stop his running and he was doomed.

Eventually teams realized they didnt even need to spy him as much because he had self imposed limits on his scrambling.
That much regression in year 3 (when he needed notable improvement) was so bizarre. Bad brane in full force.
You warned us.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much time do NFL teams really have during the season to coddle a player like Mitch? Practice time is limited by the CBA and they still have to get the rest of the team ready for the game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a reason that there's a dedicated QB coach.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That’s true. Pep Hamilton went from shooting nerf darts at rex grossman for teaching awareness to being an offensive coordinator

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah and this is where we disagree. His inaccuracy wasnt due to fundamentals. It was due to his Mental Midgetry. You are overplaying the importance of the footwork stuff.

Trubs would get sloppy at times as all QBs do but bad fundamentals was never a significant issue. He is not Cutler who threw off his back foot all the time. Further, Nagy has an OC and QB coach. I don't buy all these NFL people (Lazor, DeFillipo, Helfrich and Ragone) just missed his fundamentals being a major problem.

Again stupid thing to say but I imagine Nagy was trying to say, "Why you talking to me about footwork when this dude can't read a Dr Seuss book much less an NFL Defense."
The tape never lies guy has shown that he was having fundamental problems on his over throws, but again I'm not arguing that he was not a mental midget or anything like that.

There is 3 issued here..

A) Mitch is a mental midget and couldnt read and process a D
B) Mitch had overthrow problems caused by his fundamentals breaking down
C) Nagy does not work on Fundamentals with QBs

My issue is with C 100%.

I really think that Nagy is a fraud and has done some really stupid things as a HC.. and now the guy that doesnt work on fundamentals is now going to try and develop another young QB?

Remy do you honestly trust Nagy? I have tried to talk myself into thinking that Nagy is not that bad and it was all the QBs fault but there is just to much bad things he has done over the years for my to talk myself out of the fact that he is just in way over his head..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was never on the Nagy bandwagon to begin with. I was critical of his playcalling even in the 12-4 season.

But dont think this fundamentals thing is all that damning. There is a QB coach for that kind of stuff.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah and this is where we disagree. His inaccuracy wasnt due to fundamentals. It was due to his Mental Midgetry. You are overplaying the importance of the footwork stuff.

Trubs would get sloppy at times as all QBs do but bad fundamentals was never a significant issue. He is not Cutler who threw off his back foot all the time. Further, Nagy has an OC and QB coach. I don't buy all these NFL people (Lazor, DeFillipo, Helfrich and Ragone) just missed his fundamentals being a major problem.

Again stupid thing to say but I imagine Nagy was trying to say, "Why you talking to me about footwork when this dude can't read a Dr Seuss book much less an NFL Defense."
"I don't like green eggs and ham. I can't tell when they're in man-to-man."

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Trubisky did have a fundamentals problem. He would step REALLY wide on throws, and balls would sail because if it. Then he would have a string of throws where he wouldn’t do it, then revert.