PFF Video: Are the Trubisky-led Bears Playoff Contenders?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;-RWRyQhXDQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RWRyQhXDQY[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you trying to give modo a stroke?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They kinda echo what most have been saying around here...

Trubs showed VS the buccs that he has grown into this O and the NFL enough that with a clean pocket, he can shred a D.

The next step for him is to learn how to deal with pressure. He has shown problems with this and will likely be an area of focus with coaching. Opponents will likely look at the tape and conclude that bringing exotic blitzes is the best way to get Trubs off his game.

Its pretty cool to see actual signs of development from a QB in Chicago and to see how there is a roadmap for him to continue to get better. Exciting times.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Playoff contenders.....seriously???

More like SUPERBOWL contenders!

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Trubs showed VS the buccs that he has grown into this O and the NFL enough that with a clean pocket, he can shred a D.

The next step for him is to learn how to deal with pressure. He has shown problems with this and will likely be an area of focus with coaching. Opponents will likely look at the tape and conclude that bringing exotic blitzes is the best way to get Trubs off his game.

Its pretty cool to see actual signs of development from a QB in Chicago and to see how there is a roadmap for him to continue to get better. Exciting times.

Yep. Expect a shit ton of pressure brought against him next game. Up to Trubs to figure it out. That's the next step. Exciting times indeed.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
The next step for him is to learn how to deal with pressure...
These are the situations that the term "when the game slows down for him" is the most relevant. Once he learns, or if he learns if you prefer, how to remain calm in the eye of the storm is what is going to determine whether or not he becomes elite, or is merely good or, heaven forbid, he busts. For my money I think he learns and becomes a good to great QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I only have a problem with PFF's mystery grading numbers, but they echoed what I have been saying......

Trubisky is great when clean and struggles under pressure.....you don't need PFF to figure that out.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I mean besides the Rams, the way they're playing no anyways, who else in the NFC makes you feel the Bears can't make the playoffs?

I mean the Packers and Vikings don't look as good, despite the Packers with that comeback win. Packers blanked the Bills last week and looked pretty dull doing it. Rodgers' throws this year have been awful. Would've had 4 INTs if the Bills could catch and would've lost the Bears game if Fuller could.

But no other team is heating up like the Bears are. I've never seen so many people jumping on the bandwagon like this.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The next two games will have a fairly large bearing on whether or not analysts start taking the Bears seriously as playoff contenders. Probably the fanbase as a whole as well.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, everyone has the same question and are eager for it to be answered - was Trubs performance evidence of real growth or just an aberration?

People can chime in about what they think the answer is but nobody actually knows. We are all in the same boat, waiting to see how it plays out.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Thing is, last year he was pretty good against the blitz. I'm hoping right now it's just still him learning the offense and where guys are supposed to be against different blitz packages.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well, everyone has the same question and are eager for it to be answered - was Trubs performance evidence of real growth or just an aberration?

People can chime in about what they think the answer is but nobody actually knows. We are all in the same boat, waiting to see how it plays out.

At least we've all moves to the next step in his development though. He's proven he can do it, not it starts to become a matter of consistency. He's still going to have hills and valleys obviously, but as long as we're seeing an upward trajectory, it'll be easier to take the lows.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I support Mitch, however this step in his development was merely him showing... in a clean pocket he can shred a (bad) defense.
And a great reveal as to what possibilities may yet come.

Miami & then New England will be a better measuring stick of Mitch's development.

Monster

Liked Posts:

Nice post Bot...
He played great early in GB but slipped when they adjusted. Was perfect against the Bucs...
The question you ask is the right one... going forward can he adjust when they do... and get it done under pressure...
Time will tell... the Patriot game especially.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Thing is, last year he was pretty good against the blitz. I'm hoping right now it's just still him learning the offense and where guys are supposed to be against different blitz packages.

I'm hedging my bet on that being the problem. He can escape the blitz rather well. It seems like he gets the "deer in headlights" look due to not being completely familiar with his hot reads, or who could possibly be open downfield.

richb688

Liked Posts:
he was rated pretty good against the blitz in the Arizona game-not sure where all the worry is coming from.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will make the playoffs as long as he doesn't revert back to Mitch Trushitsky. I think he's turned the corner, and we'll see more two TD games from him, which is all our defense really needs. If we can simply put up low 20s in points, we'll be in the playoffs.