PFR: Bears to franchise Johnson

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think anyone paying attention expects them to tag JJ unless they can some how get him to commit to a very team friendly deal.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
TAG AND TRADE!!! TAG AND TRADE!!! TAG AND TRADE!!! AMIRITE?????

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I think anyone paying attention expects them to tag JJ unless they can some how get him to commit to a very team friendly deal.
Not realistic......If you want Johnson for more than next year you are going to have to pay him market value. Tagging is the last resort not the first choice.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a no brainer move. Tag him and work out a contract.
My guess is that the Bears are so encouraged by the play of their rookies that they are feeling that JJ could walk and not have a huge dropoff. But none of the three (Johnson, Smith, Stevenson) can stay healthy.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My guess is that the Bears are so encouraged by the play of their rookies that they are feeling that JJ could walk and not have a huge dropoff. But none of the three (Johnson, Smith, Stevenson) can stay healthy.
Yeah, I can certainly see that. But they can’t keep moving on from good players. Front load the contract, so he can be moved in 2years once those guys have to re-sign. Also, I think you meant Gordon.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don’t know about that. JJ is pretty good.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What’s great for a young defense that is just starting to put it together is when you have a lot of cap space you just let the best player go or try to trade him

msadows

Liked Posts:

That week 18 game against the packers is what you should expect without JJ.

It makes a huge difference when one side of the field is pretty much locked down.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That week 18 game against the packers is what you should expect without JJ.

It makes a huge difference when one side of the field is pretty much locked down.
Yes but the Packers OL dominated. That f’ing franchise has somehow built another elite OL with a bunch of unheralded mid round picks. Fucking bastards.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is an encouraging sign. JJ is here for at least another year. And he shouldn't complain too much because he will get paid top 10 corner money. It's a good starting spot.