Players worthy of the #3 pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
1.Watson

2.Watson

3.Watson

If Pace doesn't Draft Watson,I will personally send him a bag of shit.Watson is a winner,that's all the kid does is WIN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using that logic, he should draft one of the UConn Women's team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The BPAs aren't winning anything if you don't have a QB.

Lacking a QB today, does not make the QB's in this draft better or more valuable. It makes us more desperate for one, but it does not turn any of them, much less ALL of them, into franchise QB's.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
1) Watson
2) Trubisky
3) Work out a deal for Jimmy G and get ready to take it hard.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lacking a QB today, does not make the QB's in this draft better or more valuable. It makes us more desperate for one, but it does not turn any of them, much less ALL of them, into franchise QB's.

I didn't say it did, we all know there are no guarantees. But I think the top 3 this year all have legit franchise potential and I don't know when we'll be drafting this high again. If there is a standout/"safer" prospect next year he'll probably be going first or second overall.

If Pace sees franchise talent in any of them I hope he uses the rare draft capital we have to do what's necessary to make sure that guy is on our team.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Garrett, Allen and Hooker are worth the 3 pick. Maybe not to a team like the Bears who need a QB. But overall, they are.

If Garrett is there, damn it would be tough to pass him up if his number 1 QB was drafted.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Watson
2. Garrett
3. Kizer
4. Trubisky
5. Jones
6. Lattimore
7. Allen

The last 3 only if Pace already shit the bed and opted for JG as his QB solution.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only player you are passing on QB for is Garrett.

And Pace has to know that he is going to have to fire Fox after the Hoyer show for 16 games.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where did I say good teams don't have/need a good QB? Please link.

Insisting a QB be drafted with the #3 overall pick because the Bears need one regardless of if one in this draft is worthy of that high of a pick is ridiculous. If scouts and coaches with decades of experience and insider information do not deem a QB in this year'a draft class worthy of the #3 pick, I'm not okay with the Bears taking one because it's a need.

So you don't want the Bears to draft a QB unless the Bears draft a QB?

Fascinating. Tell me more.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate to agree with such a short list.

But the Bears are desperate and they have allowed their QB situation to deteriorate to an absolute pathetic state. They can't sell Hoyer to a fan base. If you think 60k no shows is bad wait till you are 6-10 with Hoyer checking down.

I fear it may happen, and I just fear we have to watch what its like if they try to sell Kizer or Trubs to the Bears and it goes terribly wrong.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Legit options at #3

Garrett (likely gone)

Trubisky-Kizer-Watson (likely reaches but if one becomes clear cut top of the list, he should be taken...but if that happens, he's likely gone as well)

Adams-Hooker (high for a safety but both look like excellent prospects at a position of need)

Foster (really like him but ILB at 3 is also pretty high for the position)

Fournette (has the talent and might be ap or Gurley but not a 3 down rb or compliment to howard.....a position of lesser need)

Allen (doesn't do much for me....would be blah with this pick)

The real story/irony is......its so fking Chicago Bears to finally have a top three pick and there be ZERO consensus players available (for us at 3) at the real positins of need (qb-lt-edge rusher).

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garrett
Hooker
Kizer
Thomas
Adams

bearfan06

Liked Posts:
you draft bpa at 3:
Garrett: likely gone
Allen: if shoulder checks out okay, may be the best overall player in the draft for me
Hooker: should be in discussion, won't be because of the ridiculous narrativ about a S isn't worth a top 5 pick
Adams: same as hooker
Thomas: just a beast, would be more than happy with him

after that you go HAM after Mahommes

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was looking online for a draft pick value chart for future picks and didn't know anyone had insights into how that would match up. If we got a trade offer to drop to 6 with the NYJ, would their 2018 1st be a viable option? The 600 pts would equal the 31st pick this year, but I would assume the Jets wouldn't be in the super bowl next year. If Pace isn't sold on any of the top end qb picks, would he trade back in the top 10 for a future 1st? Still get a good player and get more ammo to move up the board in next year's qb-laden draft?

Obviously the trade partner has to be there, but I just didn't know the value of future picks compared to current ones.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Good organizations don't reach for players or draft based on need. You take the BPA, and at #3 that's not going to be a QB.
Good organizations are rarely picking top five and have the luxury of BPA...Otherwise it's BPA at a position of need. They do it every single year...Draft players to fill a need even if some feel it's a reach... And often it works for them..Some times it don't.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I would trade for AJ McCarron..I think the price for Garapolo may be too high...And I remember Cassel looking great as a Pat and shit everywhere else...Same thing may apply here.
Draft Adams or Hooker at #3 both look like safeties worthy of a top five pick.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk