Playoff Mitch

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed 100%.

I think results don't matter as much in the world of professional sports though. Pace can fail, the Bears can continue to fail, and the McCaskey's will continue to rake in the cash.

I don't see how this business ever stops boomin.

Well it matters to a lesser extent yes, but GMs eventually get fired if their decisions dont pan out. The delay comes in because of the TV deal and fans that watch no matter how shitty their team is whereas in real world most companies dont have revenues as locked in.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
What if........Mitch starts poorly, gets benched and Foles finishes the season, maybe make the playoffs, and the Bears offer Mitch a team friendly contract to remain a backup and continue to develop?
how would you feel about that?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is going to get a chance. At this point and after 2019 that is all he can hope for.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What if........Mitch starts poorly, gets benched and Foles finishes the season, maybe make the playoffs, and the Bears offer Mitch a team friendly contract to remain a backup and continue to develop?

If he sucks again then what would be the point? Like how long before you need to devote resources to finding someone else ie draft another QB. Someone is going to need to run scout so do you screw over the young QB's development and make Mitch 2nd string or do you carry Mitch as the 3rd string in which case what is point as he will not be developing running scout team?

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
The Mitch sucks narrative is so overblown there is no coming back from it. If you have not noticed we are a country of followers.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
If he sucks again then what would be the point? Like how long before you need to devote resources to finding someone else ie draft another QB. Someone is going to need to run scout so do you screw over the young QB's development and make Mitch 2nd string or do you carry Mitch as the 3rd string in which case what is point as he will not be developing running scout team?
It would have to be a very team friendly contract, with a young draft pick at 3

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Mitch sucks narrative is so overblown there is no coming back from it. If you have not noticed we are a country of followers.

The kid isn't good. I don't think he's bad, but he's not good. What he needs most is FUCKING HELP FROM THE ORGANIZATION THAT DRAFTED HIM!

Trubisky isn't "my guy" or anything, but anyone that suits up for the Bears, I'm going to support and hope they do well. So if it's Foles, then I'm going to support him and hope that Pace, Nagy, and staff give him the support that he needs to become our franchise guy. Because any guy we're going to bring in is going to need a lot of their help.

I feel like that's what we've lacked. We've had some QB talent on this team, we just don't know wtf to do with QB talent when we have it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I would love Mitch at a real backup salary (not a Glennon salary).
Mitch for a 4th pick/salary as a starter would've even been tolerable.