Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Breaking news...

Jimmy is still the best option at QB for the Bears this offseason. Some team will win the lottery, hopefully its the beloved.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If I wanted to argue, I'd say about the same as Wentz.

Never mattered to R&S in the past which was the point. Those stats don't mean much to me, personally. For instance, I still like Kizer who went 4-8 this year and throws about 10 picks a year. I don't think NFL projection has to do with how well you run or your w/l record like R&S does.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I didn't want to trade for JG. I've said many times that trading with Belichik is a bad idea. I suspect JG can play in this league but they'll want a kings ransom for guy that may not be durable enough for consistent contribution. He hasn't played enough to be sure about him one way or another.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I didn't want to trade for JG. I've said many times that trading with Belichik is a bad idea. I suspect JG can play in this league but they'll want a kings ransom for guy that may not be durable enough for consistent contribution. He hasn't played enough to be sure about him one way or another.

BINGO.....and this was my point all along.

.....and no I don't see him in the mold of a Staubauch, Tarkenton, Elway, Cunningham, McNabb, Luck, Wilson, Prescott just to name a few of the Qb's who could or can make plays in or outta' the pocket, give wr's time to get open when the play breaks down, pick up a 1st down here or there etc.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

.....and no I don't see him in the mold of a Staubauch, Tarkenton, Elway, Cunningham, McNabb, Luck, Wilson, Prescott just to name a few of the Qb's who could or can make plays in or outta' the pocket, give wr's time to get open when the play breaks down, pick up a 1st down here or there etc.

It's like you've never watched him play in your life.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just remember guys, Run and Shit thought Terrell Pryor was going to be a legit stud QB in the NFL...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Going to laugh my ass off when he's traded to the Browns and makes Osweiller look like Peyton Manning.

When he is exactly who I have been describing and turns out to be a franchise guy, what will you do then?

Bow to your sensei!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just remember guys, Run and Shit thought Terrell Pryor was going to be a legit stud QB in the NFL...

Oh wow I almost forgot about that. So you are saying he is not a great resource for QB evaluations?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is not about what Jimmy G did in New England.

It is about what he was as a draft prospect. He was a top 5 QB in his draft year and was a 2nd round pick. He is a talented QB who had concerns about level of competition coming out.

Now he has spent 3 years in the NFL and I have fewer concerns about level of competition.

People act like he is some obscure 7th round pick with no talent that Belichek worked his magic on. He isn't. I would suggest trading for him if he was on any team, but most teams wouldn't have him blocked by a HOF QB. If he was stuck in Pittsburgh I would want him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You harp on college 'winners' when it suites you. I don't want JG but you're a hypocrite and who plays in front of you has absolutely zero to do with your talent level. Here's JGs accomplishments in college.

2013 WALTER PAYTON AWARD WINNER
2013 FCS ADA National Offensive Player of the Year
2013 Consensus First Team All-American
2013 Senior Bowl Participant
2013 East-West Shrine Game Participant (Offensive MVP)
2013 OVC Male Athlete of the Year
Four-year starter, broke Tony Romo's school record for most TDs.
Led Panthers to back-to-back conference championships in junior and senior years, including 8-0 2013 season.
Beat FBS San Diego State on the road.
Career stats: 1,047-1,668 passing (62.7 percent) 13,156 yards (7.9 per attempt) 118 TDs, 51 interceptions.

You don't like him because he's not an option guy and burns easily.

For me, this drafts top 2 are Kizer and Trubisky. Different players that can be accurate. I see Watson as later in one or early 2 but a lot of that depends on how he throws in workouts. He could slide up.

I don't feel good about Trubisky at all. Is he really projected as a first?

I think Watson and Kizer both go first round, one might be late. Trubisky could be in that 28-30 trade up slot, the Patriots could trade Jimmy G for a mid to late first and then draft a QB with it. But in general...lots of teams are going to be willing to wait and poach a QB in a strong second round run I foresee on them. Maybe third round.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G wouldn't last 3 games behind a bears offensive line with the Hobbit calling plays. He is a very slight little man that never even got hit often by Class 1 NCAA guys. He played a game and a half and walked off like a semi-truck ran over him.

Too make matters worse, the Patriots thought he could play through it, he got scared and didn't want to risk it.

I too would take Osweiller all day over him. Is Houston regretting that deal because we should inquire if a 5th round pick plus taking the finances off their hands did the trick. Saved face for them. They can trade for Jimmy G.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy G wouldn't last 3 games behind a bears offensive line with the Hobbit calling plays. He is a very slight little man that never even got hit often by Class 1 NCAA guys. He played a game and a half and walked off like a semi-truck ran over him.

Too make matters worse, the Patriots thought he could play through it, he got scared and didn't want to risk it.

I too would take Osweiller all day over him. Is Houston regretting that deal because we should inquire if a 5th round pick plus taking the finances off their hands did the trick. Saved face for them. They can trade for Jimmy G.

He's bigger than Barkley. All nonsense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yet you rail for guys that never played a snap in the NFL. You like RBs that can run. 'Option' was my overstatement.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't feel good about Trubisky at all. Is he really projected as a first?

I think Watson and Kizer both go first round, one might be late. Trubisky could be in that 28-30 trade up slot, the Patriots could trade Jimmy G for a mid to late first and then draft a QB with it. But in general...lots of teams are going to be willing to wait and poach a QB in a strong second round run I foresee on them. Maybe third round.

To each his own but all Trubisky lacks is more snaps. He projects well to the next level where accuracy and arm talent reigns supreme. Why I also prefer Kizer to Watson right now. Watson throws too many odd balls for me. If he can correct that, he'll may be the top guy but I personally don't see him there at this time. Some knowledgeable posters here will disagree.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2 wrongs don't make a right.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

The only QB who has made the Bears line look like a liability was Cutler and he would do that to any line. I'd prefer other options to JG but he has a quick release and would be just fine behind this line.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
It has become pretty obvious that many perhaps most Bear fans at this juncture are so justifiably afraid of the Bears screwing up their next choice for starting QB that they see problems with QB options like Jimmy G where problems most likely dont exist. Its one thing to question how Jimmy G's latest injury might rep a long term issue but to say absolutely he is injury prone blah blah blah.

I agree with Polian that Jimmy G is the best of both worlds for the Bears or any other team looking for a QB he is both a short term and long term solution in one package. IMO when you add up all the plusses and minuses Jimmy G should top the list of QB's to pursue. Thats why I and others have logically assumed the Browns at this point are the most likely place for Jimmy to land because they have the most to offer the Pats.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you're saying we should give our 1 and maybe more for someone that 'most likely' will be good? Because we can't be sure due to his lack of reps. Why the fuck would NE trade him if he was that good. Brady won't last forever and QBs aren't plug and play... even in NE. Our 1 this year is worth as much as we gave for Cutler unless you insist on sweating the minutia. We traded our 18 expecting to give them a lower 1 the next year. That's the perspective at the time of the transaction. Jay had already played full seasons and made a Pro Bowl but many still thought it too much. How is JG worth that from what we KNOW? He could be but 'most likely' not.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It has become pretty obvious that many perhaps most Bear fans at this juncture are so justifiably afraid of the Bears screwing up their next choice for starting QB that they see problems with QB options like Jimmy G where problems most likely dont exist. Its one thing to question how Jimmy G's latest injury might rep a long term issue but to say absolutely he is injury prone blah blah blah.

I agree with Polian that Jimmy G is the best of both worlds for the Bears or any other team looking for a QB he is both a short term and long term solution in one package. IMO when you add up all the plusses and minuses Jimmy G should top the list of QB's to pursue. Thats why I and others have logically assumed the Browns at this point are the most likely place for Jimmy to land because they have the most to offer the Pats.

EJ Manuel is a better choice than jimmy. EJ Manuel may become a FA. The guy does have starting more experience than jim and more physical talent.