Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
BINGO.....and this was my point all along.

.....and no I don't see him in the mold of a Staubauch, Tarkenton, Elway, Cunningham, McNabb, Luck, Wilson, Prescott just to name a few of the Qb's who could or can make plays in or outta' the pocket, give wr's time to get open when the play breaks down, pick up a 1st down here or there etc.

Yet you rail for guys that never played a snap in the NFL. You like RBs that can run. 'Option' was my overstatement.

What??? Then why do teams draft Qb's outta' college.

You like RBs that can run.

ok...I have no idea where ur going with this or how this fits the discussion ( please read my quote above).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy G wouldn't last 3 games behind a bears offensive line with the Hobbit calling plays. He is a very slight little man that never even got hit often by Class 1 NCAA guys. He played a game and a half and walked off like a semi-truck ran over him.

Too make matters worse, the Patriots thought he could play through it, he got scared and didn't want to risk it.

I too would take Osweiller all day over him. Is Houston regretting that deal because we should inquire if a 5th round pick plus taking the finances off their hands did the trick. Saved face for them. They can trade for Jimmy G.

Too make matters worse, the Patriots thought he could play through it, he got scared and didn't want to risk it.

didn't know this

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
EJ Manuel is a better choice than jimmy. EJ Manuel may become a FA. The guy does have starting more experience than jim and more physical talent.

:cookiemonster: :rofl:

I'm in no way convinced Garopollo will turn out to be anything special, but holy fuck, Manuel?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you're saying we should give our 1 and maybe more for someone that 'most likely' will be good? Because we can't be sure due to his lack of reps. Why the fuck would NE trade him if he was that good. Brady won't last forever and QBs aren't plug and play... even in NE. Our 1 this year is worth as much as we gave for Cutler unless you insist on sweating the minutia. We traded our 18 expecting to give them a lower 1 the next year. That's the perspective at the time of the transaction. Jay had already played full seasons and made a Pro Bowl but many still thought it too much. How is JG worth that from what we KNOW? He could be but 'most likely' not.

No.

The most I offer is a package headlined by 2(36). He is not a proven enough commodity to offer a top 10 choice for.

If they want 1(4) they can kiss my ass.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you're saying we should give our 1 and maybe more for someone that 'most likely' will be good? Because we can't be sure due to his lack of reps. Why the fuck would NE trade him if he was that good. Brady won't last forever and QBs aren't plug and play... even in NE. Our 1 this year is worth as much as we gave for Cutler unless you insist on sweating the minutia. We traded our 18 expecting to give them a lower 1 the next year. That's the perspective at the time of the transaction. Jay had already played full seasons and made a Pro Bowl but many still thought it too much. How is JG worth that from what we KNOW? He could be but 'most likely' not.

New England does not want to get rid of him.

They cannot afford to tag him after 2017 for 22 million. If they tag him he blows up their cap and becomes untrade able as no one will pay Jimmy 22 million without seeing him in their system.

Brady out lived Garoppollo's rookie contract.

I feel like we have been over this already.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
EJ Manuel is a better choice than jimmy. EJ Manuel may become a FA. The guy does have starting more experience than jim and more physical talent.

Bahahahahaha holy fuck

AussieBear

if jimmy were a fa, i think more people would be on board. cutler has left a bitter taste in the mouth of a lot of fans. We've seen this story in a sense. Sure, Jimmy wont be as expensive as cutler was, but it will require a high pick according to the speculation of some. One can argue jimmy is equal or > than any 2nd rd (he may cost more than a 2nd) qb coming in, but it doesnt make it true.

What is true, is that the bears will only have one season to figure out whether jimmy is the guy or not.........before moving on (wasting a high pick) or paying the guy a lot of money in hopes he is the guy. An up and down season could still lead to a 7 yr 126 million dollar mistake...riiight....A rookie will at least give you several years before having to make a hefty financial commitment.

Could jimmy be a HR.. perhaps...

Plus....some people just want a homegrown QB for a change --- there's nothing wrong with that either...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
if jimmy were a fa, i think more people would be on board. cutler has left a bitter taste in the mouth of a lot of fans. We've seen this story in a sense. Sure, Jimmy wont be as expensive as cutler was, but it will require a high pick according to the speculation of some. One can argue jimmy is equal or > than any 2nd rd (he may cost more than a 2nd) qb coming in, but it doesnt make it true.

What is true, is that the bears will only have one season to figure out whether jimmy is the guy or not.........before moving on (wasting a high pick) or paying the guy a lot of money in hopes he is the guy. An up and down season could still lead to a 7 yr 126 million dollar mistake...riiight....A rookie will at least give you several years before having to make a hefty financial commitment.

Could jimmy be a HR.. perhaps...

Plus....some people just want a homegrown QB for a change --- there's nothing wrong with that either...

For the 937534789533843588th time.

You have 2 years at least to evaluate. The first year you are paying peanuts as it his final year of rookie deal. If you are still undecided you give him the Kirk Cousins treatment and franchise him. Good talk though.

AussieBear

For the 937534789533843588th time.

You have 2 years at least to evaluate. The first year you are paying peanuts as it his final year of rookie deal. If you are still undecided you give him the Kirk Cousins treatment and franchise him. Good talk though.

i didnt say you had to jump straight to culters contract... i also didnt mention the franchise... cause you have....

but yeah, year two you still gotta pay.. so you have one year before having to cough up a lot of money even if youre not 100% sold on him or u move on with that wasted pick/s you spent on him.... good talk though...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
i didnt say you had to jump straight to culters contract... i also didnt mention the franchise... cause you have....

but yeah, year two you still gotta pay.. so you have one year before having to cough up a lot of money even if youre not 100% sold on him or u move on with that wasted pick/s you spent on him.... good talk though...

The Bears have 1 trillion in cap space. Paying him 1 year top money is no biggie. Especially after already evaluating him for a year on the last of his rookie deal. Glad we talked this through.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

Bahahahahaha holy fuck

I take it u disagree. Manuel has significant starting experience and truth be told, stat-wise he beat out T. Taylor ( when they competed) . I know.....no Qb in the NFL (even the ones with post season exp. are better than jg)

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Were not giving up drafts picks for a player unsigned. If we go the JG way he would have to agree long term before we give a draft pick. Quit saying we have years to sign him.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Like someone else said, I'd give up a package headlined by a 2nd. No more though.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
The thing is, will Brady win another ring this year, and after the Disneyland trip, decide to hang it up? Out with one more ring and a high note. Then all this mental masturbation may be for naught.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:cookiemonster: :rofl:

I'm in no way convinced Garopollo will turn out to be anything special, but holy fuck, Manuel?

Jets need a QB. If Manuel becomes a FA, on a team that gave into overpaying Fitz and needs a QB, I believe that is telling us something about the player.

AussieBear

The Bears have 1 trillion in cap space. Paying him 1 year top money is no biggie. Especially after already evaluating him for a year on the last of his rookie deal. Glad we talked this through.

or the bears can pay proven fas big time money (who could still flop)... and save that pick for another player with the same chances of being jimmy great or jimmy bad... 50/50

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
New England does not want to get rid of him.

They cannot afford to tag him after 2017 for 22 million. If they tag him he blows up their cap and becomes untrade able as no one will pay Jimmy 22 million without seeing him in their system.

Brady out lived Garoppollo's rookie contract.

I feel like we have been over this already.

The reply wasn't to you but to the post directly above mine that had specifically indicated he that he thinks the JG trade is viable so the context here was in relation to that and not to rehash anything with you.

I don't see NE letting him go for a 2. If that's all they can get, JG would probably be cheap enough to keep. If they can't get that #1 pick early, they'll tag him like they did Cassel and wait until someone antes up. They then remove the tag when a deal is done and all agree. If Osweiller can cash in, I don't see what JG can't unless nobody likes him, especially on an incentive based deal. NE does a great job of stimulating a market.

I just don't want to be the ones doing it at those type #s or give up as much as it took to get Jay. I wouldn't even swap ones and move down 25 spots for this. This team still needs more than just a QB and unless I'm positive about JG, I'm out. Sounds like a perfect fit for Cleveland.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy G wouldn't last 3 games behind a bears offensive line with the Hobbit calling plays. He is a very slight little man that never even got hit often by Class 1 NCAA guys. He played a game and a half and walked off like a semi-truck ran over him.

I too would take Osweiller all day over him. Is Houston regretting that deal because we should inquire if a 5th round pick plus taking the finances off their hands did the trick. Saved face for them. They can trade for Jimmy G.

I'm convinced you're on drugs