Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder what Poles thinks of Maye. If you think he could easily be the #1 pick in a draft that doesn't have Caleb Williams in it then maybe you take a ridiculous offer from Washington and go with Maye.

Then maybe you use some of that capital you got to move back up for Harrison Jr. If Fields would benefit massively from Moore/Harrison then surely Maye would as well.
If you see a clear difference between them, you take your guy but if it's close, it's easy to rationalize the the vagueness of a draft and take added bounty.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are there any 'generational' Punters this draft? Or Holders? I don't know why some on this board are so short sighted and only want 'generational' QBs & WRs. Its too Puntaphopic for my blood. People need to open up............lol......
Since we're drafting CW, any punter will become a wasted pick due to underutilization.:p

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears are gonna do the lions #fleecing. Trade down just to draft a backup RB

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bro. Ain’t no way Odunze goes 4 over Nabers. Personally, I think that kid’s going to drop. Contested catch dudes means can’t get open. He lacks strength on the LOS.

MDB has Nabers at 5.
View attachment 34801

I can definitely see that. I also can see it going
1.) Washington- CW
2.) Da Beloved — MHJ
3.) NE — Maye
4.) AZ — Nabers

In the off chance we actually piss away all the draft capital in the roulette wheel of CW, either NE or AZ could grab MHJ and Nabers would be the next WR off the board. Yes, this was a mock from an NFL expert, but it is far from gospel. Seriously, nobody on this planet takes Odunze before Nabers. Shit, Troy Franklin may go before him!
How are you not working for a NFL team with all the facts you have about what draft prospects will be at the next level? :smug2:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I wonder what Poles thinks of Maye. If you think he could easily be the #1 pick in a draft that doesn't have Caleb Williams in it then maybe you take a ridiculous offer from Washington and go with Maye.

Then maybe you use some of that capital you got to move back up for Harrison Jr. If Fields would benefit massively from Moore/Harrison then surely Maye would as well.
There’s no reason to move on from Fields. There is a tiny percentage of people who really hate Fields and see virtually every QB in this draft as a chance to upgrade. Nope. Now, if the hype on CW is believed and they draft him, it’s to upgrade JF. As CW is a tier above Maye and Daniels, there’s no reason to take a QB over a talent like MHJ, Nabers, or DeJean.
In that one, I thought the Bear should trade down a handful of spots and take whichever QB was left. As a projection, there wasn't much difference between the top 3. It's a completely different situation this year.
you’re not wrong about Pace in terms of the fact that he should have been patient. He wasn’t that kind of GM. He was a “fuck dem picks I’m gettin’ my guy” kind of GM. He, like Nagy, had to be the smartest dudes in the room and made so many dumb decisions. I’m glad we have Poles.

As for this year, we both disagree on value. For me Fields + draft haul is of greater worth than CW. No need for us to retread that.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How are you not working for a NFL team with all the facts you have about what draft prospects will be at the next level? :smug2:
I love my job. I love my wife. I love my kids. Though I love my Bears and football, it isn’t enough to have made it my life. It’s why I stepped away from coaching so long ago.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love my job. I love my wife. I love my kids. Though I love my Bears and football, it isn’t enough to have made it my life. It’s why I stepped away from coaching so long ago.
What level were you coaching at?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There’s no reason to move on from Fields. There is a tiny percentage of people who really hate Fields and see virtually every QB in this draft as a chance to upgrade. Nope. Now, if the hype on CW is believed and they draft him, it’s to upgrade JF. As CW is a tier above Maye and Daniels, there’s no reason to take a QB over a talent like MHJ, Nabers, or DeJean.

you’re not wrong about Pace in terms of the fact that he should have been patient. He wasn’t that kind of GM. He was a “fuck dem picks I’m gettin’ my guy” kind of GM. He, like Nagy, had to be the smartest dudes in the room and made so many dumb decisions. I’m glad we have Pace.

As for this year, we both disagree on value. For me Fields + draft haul is of greater worth than CW. No need for us to retread that.
Jesus man, I couldn't be more diplomatic in that post.

1707669068897.png

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Commies have a new owner that's itching to make a splash. Sam Howell's numbers at UNC were almost identical to his freshman backup Drake Maye, so I doubt very seriously they will consider DM an upgrade.

The Commies just might be Pantheresque enough for Poles to get what he wants again.
What............Howell and Maye were both at UNC in 2021 where Maye was a redshirt freshman. Maye only appeared in 4 games when Howell got hurt. I got them taking Daniels at #2 anyway, the one true dual threat QB in this draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don’t like to put my personal life out there. I was minor cog in a bigger program.
Oh my bad. I was just wondering what level cause there's obviously multiple levels and many many schools around the country.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Zimmerman is using the term "Historic?" Seems hyperbole to me.....if da Bears received 2 - 1sts and 2 - 2nds would be great! But historic? Hasn't there been 3 - 1sts given in trades? Not sure, so it's just my opinion on the statement.
To move up one spot?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
You know, to me, this has never been a Fields vs Caleb thing. It's always been, is Caleb worth more than they could get by trading the pick. I've seen some of his games....full games, not Utube shit....I'm not seeing it. He could turn out to be a good QB but he's no Mahomes....certainly not generational. Which is why I'd rather see Poles move the pick again.
You and I will both be happy when this happens, and it will, Poles is too smart for it not to happen.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Oh, he’s not the label of “contested catch” dude. You’re right about that. Watch him play. Look at the seperetion Nabers, Thomas, and Franklin get. Then get take another look at Odunze. He isn’t a contested catch dude; he has too many contested catches than he should for a WR of his supposed tier and league. So, yes, you’re absolutely right that he is not labeled or known as a contested catch dude, but man does he have a lot of them.
Maybe all those contested catches are because of the noodle armed QB he had.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
What............Howell and Maye were both at UNC in 2021 where Maye was a redshirt freshman. Maye only appeared in 4 games when Howell got hurt. I got them taking Daniels at #2 anyway, the one true dual threat QB in this draft.
"The one true dual threat QB in this draft"?????
That's a an absolutely ridiculous take.

Sam Howell's numbers at UNC his final year:
2021 24 TDs 9 INTs 62.3% comp 3056 yds 154rtg

Drake Maye's numbers at UNC his final year:
2023 24 TDs 9 INTs 63.3% comp 3608 yds 149rtg

As I said almost identical, nothing special, just a guy, he's a decent prospect that we see every year and people are latching on to him because he fits a certain mold they prefer in their QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
"The one true dual threat QB in this draft"?????
That's a an absolutely ridiculous take.

Sam Howell's numbers at UNC his final year:
2021 24 TDs 9 INTs 62.3% comp 3056 yds 154rtg

Drake Maye's numbers at UNC his final year:
2023 24 TDs 9 INTs 63.3% comp 3608 yds 149rtg

As I said almost identical, nothing special, just a guy, he's a decent prospect that we see every year and people are latching on to him because he fits a certain mold they prefer in their QB.

And Caleb's replacement at USC threw for 6 Tuddies in a bowl game.

Both these bums suck!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Oh my bad. I was just wondering what level cause there's obviously multiple levels and many many schools around the country.
Yeah, not to give away too many details, but when I had to move because of work and there was a football opening about twenty minutes away that was doable, it came down to commitments I couldn’t commit to. The head coach of that program took a few of that staff with him about ten years later to an NFL team that hired him. It’s kind of crazy how that worked out. I’m not saying I would have definitely made it to the pros, as I was never that big, only entry level shit, but it was crazy watching that promotion come so fast after a few championships.