Poles getting ready to fleece: Carolina 2: The Washington boogaloo

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pick is always for sale. But a few things would have to happen:

• The offer would have to be crazy. Like three 1sts, plus a WR and a LT. A CRAZY offer.
• They'd have to really love Maye/Daniels, be very close in ratings to CW.
• Which means they'd have to stay in the top three.
• If the offer means staying with Fields, they have to get Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze. And elite LT. And Center upgrade.

IDK who has the ammo to make that offer.
I think 3 1st rounders would be enough to move down a slot or two.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's been saying this since December but it's all sourced from "what other GMs are saying/what they'd do" - when that shifts to "what I've heard from the Bears" is when things are final and this has been set in stone.

Feel like sports "journalists"/beat writers have the coziest job in the world. Like I have no real clue what they do that a highschooler cant

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Feel like sports "journalists"/beat writers have the coziest job in the world. Like I have no real clue what they do that a highschooler cant

Yup, and just like a high schooler, they push the agendas that, if they come to pass, will make their individual jobs easier.

Most journos aren't actually fans. But they fool fans into thinking they are, so that they will be believed.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Report: Commanders to do ‘as much as we possibly can’ to get Kliff Kingsbury’s QB​

Per Mike Garofolo of NFL Network the Commanders will approach the Bears about their first overall pick. He mentioned this seconds after Ian Rapoport gave his spiel about the Bears and his beliefs on what will happen in the coming weeks.
My biggest takeaway from here is when Mike Garofolo revealed the Washington Commanders' new ownership group — particularly Magic Johnson — told new offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury that they'd "do as much as we possibly can to get the quarterback that you want."

Kliff most recently was a senior analyst at USC which featured... Caleb Williams.

Kliff also has a track record of accepting jobs to places where he knows either his preferred choice as QB is already in place, or that team has a high likelihood of obtaining that player...

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Report: Commanders to do ‘as much as we possibly can’ to get Kliff Kingsbury’s QB​

they can do what they can

doesn't mean the Bears are trading the pick like you and others are clinging onto like a life raft

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
The Commanders are not going to give up a haul to move up 1 spot and if you're expecting that then you're gonna be disappointed
Didn't answer my question.

They're going to make a push for it - what ends up happening fuck if I know.

Bort

Liked Posts:
There’s no reason to move on from Fields. There is a tiny percentage of people who really hate Fields and see virtually every QB in this draft as a chance to upgrade. Nope. Now, if the hype on CW is believed and they draft him, it’s to upgrade JF. As CW is a tier above Maye and Daniels, there’s no reason to take a QB over a talent like MHJ, Nabers, or DeJean.

you’re not wrong about Pace in terms of the fact that he should have been patient. He wasn’t that kind of GM. He was a “fuck dem picks I’m gettin’ my guy” kind of GM. He, like Nagy, had to be the smartest dudes in the room and made so many dumb decisions. I’m glad we have Poles.

As for this year, we both disagree on value. For me Fields + draft haul is of greater worth than CW. No need for us to retread that.

I do think there is a very understandable reason to move on from Fields: you need a quarterback who can beat defenses from the pocket to consistently win playoff games in the NFL, and through 3 seasons, Fields hasn't been able to beat defenses from the pocket.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Man, if we trade back, grab MHJ and Alt?!? Holy fuck. That would be sweet.
My top prospects, apart from positional value, are MHJ, Nabers, DeJean, and Alt. Grab Alt and another OL/C prospect in the second, this OL just became a difference maker. I mean, I’m good with Braxton Jones and all, but Alt is a fucking elite prospect.

This is my read, too.

I mocked him to us and like what he brings, but you’re not wrong. The Isaac kid out of Penn State looks like a bargain basement version of him that can be had later. I absolutely agree about this year’s edge class.

I am not sure. If The Bears believe the hype and buy the CW Lotto ticket, I’m not sure they go with Maye. They need seats in the stands and may go with MHJ over Maye, who was a freshman when Howell was at UNC. In just saying this is a possibility.

Which is why I really wouldn’t mind a slight trade back with 9 and getting one of them.

This shit’s hilarious. No. “The haul” does not refer to CW. You’re just being an antagonistic dick trying to be cheeky. So, just to check your cheeky ass, I’m going to remind you that the haul refers to the value from trading CW, not him himself.

There's something we can agree on: Joe Alt is a legit blue chip LT prospect, and if he somehow manages to fall to #9, Poles has to take him there. Alt might be the 3rd best overall prospect in the draft after CW and MHJ.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The Commanders are not going to give up a haul to move up 1 spot and if you're expecting that then you're gonna be disappointed
1707788034125.jpeg
, … through 3 seasons, Fields hasn't been able to beat defenses from the pocket.
Gotta have a pocket to pass from. You know the drill: Nagy, Tank, and Getsy. We don’t know what we have from Fields. Some Fields haters do, but anyone who is objective knows we don’t. A lot of dudes who want CW will at least say Fields didn’t get a fair shake and deserves to show what he can elsewhere. To think anybody knows about Fields is pure and unfiltered hateraid.
There's something we can agree on: Joe Alt is a legit blue chip LT prospect, and if he somehow manages to fall to #9, Poles has to take him there. Alt might be the 3rd best overall prospect in the draft after CW and MHJ.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer DeJean, Bowers, a pass rusher, to trade back a few picks and grab Fuaga but you’re right, Alt is a top prospect, easily top 5 in the draft.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
As much as I’d love nabers or odunze - getting alt would be incredible.

I’m mentally preparing for an edge defender or maybe interior DL 😑