Poles gives clarity on Offensive Line during this morning's press conference

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hear he's been putting in a lotta time at the weight room. I think if he can also work on agility, he may progress sooner than expected.
He can run to the weight room every day but according to @Mighty Joe Young that shit won't matter because it's scientific and takes 2 years.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I know there's definitely a faction on this board who thinks Jones is good enough at LT and are wondering why we care so much about the O-line.

Here's the deal:

Many of us are playing it cautious, because nothing is proven on this team yet, but...

With this WR room, let's say you can protect Fields, and he takes that "next step".

If he can truly take that step, now we are into the area of "as long as you got a quarterback"...

There have been quarterbacks who were so good, they take lesser teams deep into the playoffs, deeper than they usually have any business going.

If Fields can develop into THAT kind of talent, then all bets are off with all the conservative estimates for this upcoming season.

We already have given Fields weapons. Now the only thing left is to protect him. THAT is why the urgency around tackle, wondering if Braxton Jones is good enough right now, etc. If Fields takes that next step, he can will them into a place we never expected them to be, way ahead of schedule...

Good Points

Now the only thing left is to protect him.

Absolutely (y)

I may have missed it. but what are your thoughts on also drafting a wr ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hear he's been putting in a lotta time at the weight room. I think if he can also work on agility, he may progress sooner than expected. Any thoughts on moving him to RT?
I'd love to see it.

If he was going to be inconsistent in year 2, better to do it at right tackle rather than left tackle.

I just want to make sure Fields has his blind side protected as best as possible.

I project Braxton to be a swing anyway, so moving him to right tackle for a season would be fantastic.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good Points

Absolutely (y)

I may have missed it. but what are your thoughts on also drafting a wr ?

We have too many priorities to draft one high.

But I'm not opposed to drafting one in round four or later.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd love to see it.

If he was going to be inconsistent in year 2, better to do it at right tackle rather than left tackle.

I just want to make sure Fields has his blind side protected as best as possible.

I project Braxton to be a swing anyway, so moving him to right tackle for a season would be fantastic.

Cool

We have too many priorities to draft one high.

But I'm not opposed to drafting one in round four or later.

Oh for sure. IMO we still need Dline, Oline maybe LB help from 1-3. I'm onboard with a wr at four or later. I just feel we gotta have competition at the Wr position.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see it.

If you know anything about the tackle position, and your current gripe with Braxton Jones, as I understand it, is his lower body strength, then you've just introduced more work for him to do at a pro level. Swapping him for RT now forces him to switch his whole stance and how he manipulates DL with his arms. Haven't you learned anything about OL tomfoolery like this from just watching bears games and the stupid shuffling they've tried? Why are you so against developing this player?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Chiefs just won a SB and hardly had a dominant LT.
We literally saw the Chiefs lose a SB because their starting LT in eric fisher went down.

The team with arguably the greatest QB of all time, greatest TE of all time, one of the best modern day WR's in tyreek hill ... this team lost because their LT got hurt in the playoffs.