Poles Rejected The Haul! . . .

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So @PhilEBuster have you accessed the donator forum yet?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Isn't that what we all use the internet for???

Anywoo....just a tip to the noobs for the site formerly named but forever referred to as Twitter....

Any post that says "BREAKING NEWS" with literally no one else breaking that news should be disregarded. That goes double for any account with "Notifications" in their handle.

You are so very welcome!!
You also need to look at the @ name. Double 's' at the end is a tell.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Honestly, can we stop looking back and start looking forward? And can we stop digging up the whole "Haul" bullshit already?
Obviously it all depends on whether Williams is as good as advertised. If he is, then the "haul" is forgotten history. If he struggles, then failure to negotiate a haul will be a massive mistake and the end of Poles.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't be mad at me because you're an idiot.

The "Pudge" nickname is totally taking off though.
Just like "LYIN'" LOVIE SMITH took off.

Also, this is a known troll account, and all you have to do is read a tweet or 2 of theirs to understand that.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Washington would’ve won a lot of games to make those late first round picks or something?

I wouldn’t take the deal because Williams seems like he’s worth it, but looking at future firsts as seconds is silly. We’re in this favorable position because we traded a first for future firsts. A first rounder is a first rounder. If some value chart discounts future first round picks to be current second round picks, then we should always trade our second rounder for a future first rounder. You would have 2 1st round picks every year.
you're trying to talk sense to the senseless

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Done right. The real value of future picks is always one round worse. And if Caleb leads the game, then the value with picks #50-64 2025 and #50-64 2026.
No, the 2026 1st round pick would have a value of a 2024 3rd rounder. One round per year.

But who cares? Caleb is going to be a Bear.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade the #1 pick for anything at this point. We have a chance that this guy can be the generational QB we've been waiting for since 1985. Other teams are willing to give up a haul for our draft spot because we all understand the QB is the most important position in all of sports. Take Caleb and laugh in everyone's face when they call up with trade offers. Fuck 'em. Let them tank and trade in an effort to land #1 overall like Poles did, twice.
Since World War II, not 1985.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Do you think Washington would’ve won a lot of games to make those late first round picks or something?

I wouldn’t take the deal because Williams seems like he’s worth it, but looking at future firsts as seconds is silly. We’re in this favorable position because we traded a first for future firsts. A first rounder is a first rounder. If some value chart discounts future first round picks to be current second round picks, then we should always trade our second rounder for a future first rounder. You would have 2 1st round picks every year.
Some teams do exactly that. If in the 33-38 range, they trade their pick for a 1st round pick from another team.

The loss of the current year 2nd rounder for the following year's 1st rounder is a gamble for the GM, coach and team because the GM, coach and some of the players might not be there the following year because the team really needed the talent of the 2nd rounder to help win a couple of games that would have kept the GM and coach employed, thus the difference in value of a next year's 1st rounder is equal to the current year's 2nd rounder.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Isn't that what we all use the internet for???

Anywoo....just a tip to the noobs for the site formerly named but forever referred to as Twitter....

Any post that says "BREAKING NEWS" with literally no one else breaking that news should be disregarded. That goes double for any account with "Notifications" in their handle.

You are so very welcome!!!
Now I know that what you are saying is false. The reason for this is that there is an old time saying that explains it all.

"He who smelt it, dealt it."

There goes your Breaking Wind theory. Someone has to Break Wind for everyone else to smell it. If no one Breaks Wind first, there will be no wind to be broken.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ffs. The concept is called present value. The present value of an asset like money, is worth more in your hand now than it is in the future. Trading your second for a first next year is basically a 2nd for 2nd, because you don't get the benefit of using the resource this whole year. Too many people around here want to win at the draft. quantity over quality and continually hoarding future picks and not using your resources are sure ways to keep losing in this league.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So @PhilEBuster have you accessed the donator forum yet?
Yeah, PiB, I checked it out. That place is deader than the dick on "Dead" Dick Jauron. Are you askin' the shoopster to save it? I could, but what's in it for me? More wisecracks from the plebians. An ongoing questioning of my motives. Or - in what I know is your ultimate fantasy - a ban from the ModSquad?

I'll consider it . . .

alswank87

Liked Posts:
ffs. The concept is called present value. The present value of an asset like money, is worth more in your hand now than it is in the future. Trading your second for a first next year is basically a 2nd for 2nd, because you don't get the benefit of using the resource this whole year. Too many people around here want to win at the draft. quantity over quality and continually hoarding future picks and not using your resources are sure ways to keep losing in this league.
Do you invest at all?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Who was the Nagy abbreviation guy? Talk about a turd.
BHVWGHC

Coined in year 1 when it was obvious he was a fraud.

I'm ahead of you brainless meatballs when it comes to analyzing and predicting outcomes for this organization......just like with RB1

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
BHVWGHC

Coined in year 1 when it was obvious he was a fraud.

I'm ahead of you brainless meatballs when it comes to analyzing and predicting outcomes for this organization......just like with RB1
Yes, i too take pride in being right that the org that never has good HCs and QBs never have good HCs and QBs lmaoooooo

Chik-Fil-A wont be open on Sunday and Action Bronson will make a food or sports reference in his next single.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doesn't look like a haul to me. Not a bad value but 1-2 years away.

So if it was Caleb all along then Poles should've had Fields on the block all along and got something for him. Waiting too long or demanding too much, he screwed the pooch on that one.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesn't look like a haul to me. Not a bad value but 1-2 years away.

So if it was Caleb all along then Poles should've had Fields on the block all along and got something for him. Waiting too long or demanding too much, he screwed the pooch on that one.

the problem with that is teams know the bears wanted Caleb and were in prime position to draft him. why would they offer anything higher knowing that?