Next Coach Favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Easily Frank Reich for me. Now that the Bears have addressed the QB position I think it would be very wise to hire a QB driven guy like Reich who played QB very well in Buffalo, & is currently doing a helluva job working with Wentz & Phillys offense. Plus it would be nice to see what a QB driven new HC candidate like Reich, who's actually employed in American pro football would accomplish. Unlike the last so called QB whisperer hired as the Bears HC who wreaked of a disaster waiting to happen the second he was hired from the CFL. While other front offices with working brains in their heads hired actual NFL up and comers like Arians. By hiring Trestman the Bears F.O. really went far out of their way to show everyone that they clearly had the market for football stupidity cornered & monopolized.

I'd be eager to see what a very well seasoned QB minded coach with Frank Reich could accomplish with a kid like Trubisky who's eager to learn/develop successfully along with with a significant injection of new blue chip WR, RT, & Center talent. I'd bet the farm that Reich would be the perfect fit for the HC position, & QB guru to match up with & build the roster around Trubisky. IMO Pace should go all in for a potential HC candidate like Reich with an outstanding resume as both a successful QB on the field & current assistant coach.

Why was he fired as OC in San Diego?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is the ideal set-up as far as I am concerned. Bring in Shaw with the possibility that down the road he could move up to head coach if they kick Harbaugh upstairs to GM. THese three guys have proved themselves successful working together before and I think it could work again.

:aj:

Why would Pace hire a guy who would take his job?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After today psycho Harbaugh will have managed to remove Michigan from even the top 25.

Just looked at the line, it went from Wisconsin -7 to -6.5, which is meaningful. Probably go down to the wire.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace hires someone without Saints connections.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think Pace hires someone without Saints connections.

I think we'll have plenty of possibilities with a young rookie QB at the helm that looks like he has potential and leadership skills.

Matt LaFleur is someone I really like and has close connections to Kyle Shanahan. The only problems is how young he is but he did an excellent job with Kirk Cousins.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Reich or Nagy. I'd throw Gase in there, but I don't think he's leaving Miami after only two seasons.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think we'll have plenty of possibilities with a young rookie QB at the helm that looks like he has potential and leadership skills.

Matt LaFleur is someone I really like and has close connections to Kyle Shanahan. The only problems is how young he is but he did an excellent job with Kirk Cousins.

It's not about having possibilities, it's about Pace being comfortable with Saints people. I think 2/3 of the front office is former Saints people now.

Belly Bear

Liked Posts:
Vic Fangio. Keep some continuity on the defensive side of the ball - especially with the youth movement we have there. With the exception of Willie Young and Kyle Fuller, every defensive player on the Bears has developed their skill set and scheme knowledge through Vic. Let's build on that.

I also like Vic because he's not a self-promoter. He works hard. Had a great understanding of football and can get his guys to ball out for him.

The only question mark I have for Vic is: What are his offensive preferences? Who would he bring in as an OC and how would he limit that coordinator's play calling? Also, would he be an HC or a DC covering HC duties?

Regardless, I think he'd make a good hire. Reminds me of Mike Zimmer - a focused, no bullshit football coach who does his job well and doesn't spend time making himself look good - lets his units speak for themselves.

If Fangio isn't the guy, I'd like to see someone like David Toub take over as the HC.

I'd have a hard time rallying behind a young, inexperienced HC. There success in the NFL is very overrated. Consider the last 10 Super Bowl winning teams. How many of those teams had young HCs? Hell, go back 20 years. How many youth movement Super Bowl Winning coaches have there been?

One

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vic Fangio. Keep some continuity on the defensive side of the ball - especially with the youth movement we have there. With the exception of Willie Young and Kyle Fuller, every defensive player on the Bears has developed their skill set and scheme knowledge through Vic. Let's build on that.

I also like Vic because he's not a self-promoter. He works hard. Had a great understanding of football and can get his guys to ball out for him.

The only question mark I have for Vic is: What are his offensive preferences? Who would he bring in as an OC and how would he limit that coordinator's play calling? Also, would he be an HC or a DC covering HC duties?

Regardless, I think he'd make a good hire. Reminds me of Mike Zimmer - a focused, no bullshit football coach who does his job well and doesn't spend time making himself look good - lets his units speak for themselves.

If Fangio isn't the guy, I'd like to see someone like David Toub take over as the HC.

I'd have a hard time rallying behind a young, inexperienced HC. There success in the NFL is very overrated. Consider the last 10 Super Bowl winning teams. How many of those teams had young HCs? Hell, go back 20 years. How many youth movement Super Bowl Winning coaches have there been?

One

I would be interested to see how Vic Fangio runs an offense Bill Belichick, Ron Rivera, and Bill Cowher were all defensive coordinators before they became a head coaches but I think having a head coach that specializes in that would speed up the process though.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
1. LaFleur
2. Nagy
3. Reich
4. DeFilippo
5a. Toub
5b. Carmichaels

If Reich comes with DeFilippo as his OC, that's a strong contender for my top choice even if it means only a 1 year thing as DeFilippo is a good season as a playcalling away from being one of the most sought head coaching prospects.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harbough HC

David Shaw OC

Vic Fangio DC

Does anybody think Fangio sticks around as a DC if he's passed over for HC? I wish he would, I hope he would, but I absolutely don't think he would.

Liked Posts:
Why was he fired as OC in San Diego?

Keep in mind that San Diego had become the west coast version of Cleveland & Buffalo where you coaches go to kill their careers before they even begin. When it comes to franchises like Cleveland & S.D., especially S.D. before they moved, coaches aren't going to get much help with acquiring talent outside of drafting from their front office. S.D. is notorious for not being active in F.A., & when a team like S.D. doesn't draft as well as they were when Marty Schottenheimer was the HC, that team is going to run into some difficulty without the use FA to help make up the talent gap because they just didn't have budget to make impact signings. S.D. really hadn't been doing anything spectacular draft-wise before the franchise moved to a bigger demographic which is part of why the franchise moved.

I hate when under performing franchises fire one of the coordinators due to poor play, when often times those coordinators are a reflection of what their HC believes in strategically & philosophically. From time to time changing coordinators will work like it did for the Raven a few years ago, but I wouldn't call that an example of the norm. Maybe I'm wrong but usually it seems that when a franchise is to the point of firing coordinator, a slipper slope has been established & it's usually just a matter of time before the HC has to face the music.

Reich was made the scapegoat by the "lord of no rings" in S.D...Only to end up in Philly with franchise that can & will acquire an impact talent like Alshon Jeffery in free agency to help insure against potential busts from the draft & Reich has done phenomenal in a market that, like Chicago, will use FA if needed to help build around their newly acquired young QB.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boneheads still crying for Harbaugh I see....................

Belly Bear

Liked Posts:
Does anybody think Fangio sticks around as a DC if he's passed over for HC? I wish he would, I hope he would, but I absolutely don't think he would.

giphy.gif

Doubtful. Fangio is one of the highest paid DCs in the league at the moment (per Brag Biggs) and Pace still had to block the Niners from stealing him away. That suggests he wants out - though there could be more to it than that - such as the Niners might have guaranteed his luxurious contract for six years like they did with Shanny and Lynch.

I think Fangio finally gets an HC job in the NFL. Fangio's issue has always been that he's a grinder and NOT a self-promoter in a league that values self-promoters. Whoever ends up with Fangio is going to be a happy and successful franchise. He reminds me a lot of a Mike Zimmer situation - successful and smart DC who develops great relationships with his players, shoots straight, and works his ass off. He's also a veteran in the league which means it will be an easier task for him to flesh out an experienced and good coaching staff .