dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why don't i ever hear anyone on here say anything about James Washington (Oklahoma St)? He's put up great numbers especially his last 3 years.

2015--53 catches, 1087 yds, 10 td's
2016--71 catches, 1380 yds, 10 td's
2017--74 catches, 1549 yds, 13 td's

I realize that he did this in that pass heavy offense with M.Rudolph but that's still great production and we could maybe get him in the late 2nd round so we could trade down and pick up an extra pick or two.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why don't i ever hear anyone on here say anything about James Washington (Oklahoma St)? He's put up great numbers especially his last 3 years.

2015--53 catches, 1087 yds, 10 td's
2016--71 catches, 1380 yds, 10 td's
2017--74 catches, 1549 yds, 13 td's

I realize that he did this in that pass heavy offense with M.Rudolph but that's still great production and we could maybe get him in the late 2nd round so we could trade down and pick up an extra pick or two.

I like Washington. I would much rather snag him in the 2nd as opposed to taking Ridley at 8. IMO, Washington will fit well in Nagys offense. He's got speed, will likely run a 4.4 and is a smooth route runner with good hands. Would be thrilled if we took him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like Washington. I would much rather snag him in the 2nd as opposed to taking Ridley at 8. IMO, Washington will fit well in Nagys offense. He's got speed, will likely run a 4.4 and is a smooth route runner with good hands. Would be thrilled if we took him.

Well they have him running a 4.50 flat on Walter Football which is still fast but i have no idea when and where he ran that.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well they have him running a 4.50 flat on Walter Football which is still fast but i have no idea when and where he ran that.

Could be why he's dropping to the 2nd. I don't understand why people put so much weight into forty times. If he can create separation, that's all that matters.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Could be why he's dropping to the 2nd. I don't understand why people put so much weight into forty times. If he can create separation, that's all that matters.

Yeah i agree about the 40 times. I'd rather have a WR that runs good routes and is smart and has good hands over their 40 time.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Deep speed means nothing without being able to break a press or catch the ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think there are questions with Washington about how well he'll separate at the next level. I don't think he's that great of an athlete and he's not a polished route runner. Strong and catches well, and has decent deep speed but kind of a risky prospect imo.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Ridley is the best route runner to come out of college I have seen in a while. Maybe trade down a few spots but don't overthink it. Grab him in the 1st and you have yourself a beast @ WR for the next 5-6 years. I also LOVE Auden Tate out of FSU. If you can get him in the 2nd round that's a steal too.

The “don’t overthink it” is my exact thought as well.

You’ve got a guy in Ridley who can be a really good pro for years to come in a position of need—just take him. Who gives a shit if it’s at #8. If he pans out in the league, which seems likely, it’ll be well worth the 8.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think the disappearance of Inman had more to do with the conditional draft pick.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Deep speed means nothing without being able to break a press or catch the ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Washington is one of the best players in college at tracking, and catching, the deep ball. I've brought him up a couple times before as a potential second round draft pick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He didn't run that.... right there on the site it says those are projected times. So they're all BS.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't care if the Bears drafted Ridley at 8. Projected draft position doesn't mean squat to me if the player starts. And I let the bean counters worry about contracts.
That said I really think Loggains piss poor schemes held the QBs & WRs back a lot. And a healthy roster and improved scheme means a 2nd round WR would be just fine. Would still like to see a nice FA WR.

Personally I still go with the best OL available at 8. If McGlinchey is even close to Nelson go with the T over the G. If Nelson is just that run away better than go Nelson. We now have a OL coach who will know better than anyone how they rank.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good write up, but Pace did not ditch Alshon, I get tired of hearing this. Alshon was NEVER EVER coming back to the Bears no matter what we would have offered. He ws going to a super bowl contending team, thus why he made that statement last year.

Ditched Marshall

Jeffery told Pace to pound sound.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The real challenge will be finding WRs that are a threat to go deep, but are also physical enough to run the crossing routes and drags.

That is my main concern with Richardson. He can’t really fill the Tyreek Hill role, Hill runs a ton of short routes and is asked to make people miss and break tackles.

Kirk, DJ Moore and Washington seemed better suited for the short pass-Big gain aspect.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of Washington. He doesn''t have the subtlety in his route running game. They just ask him to run straight a lot at OK State.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So we are re-signing Meredith, signing Landry and drafting Ridley to form the most talented young WR core in the NFL. Picking up OL In FA and drafting an edge rusher in the 2nd rd.

If this works with everyone, I’ll email Pace in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not a big fan of Washington. He doesn''t have the subtlety in his route running game. They just ask him to run straight a lot at OK State.

Marcel Ateman the receiver that played opposite of Washington is getting a higher grade.

1/13/18: In speaking with a director of college scouting, they had a higher grade on Ateman than they did on fellow Cowboys wide receiver James Washington. They had Washington as a mid-rounder with Ateman having second-day potential in the 2018 NFL Draft. In 2017, Ateman recorded 59 catches for 1,156 yards with eight touchdowns. He averaged 19.4 yards per catch. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Ateman displays mismatch size with the ability to make plays downfield. The 2018 NFL Draft isn't especially strong at receiver, so Ateman could rise with a strong performance at the Senior Bowl.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#ixzz54zbTLJdG

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#7KuLSq67wAGowl7H.99

napo55

Liked Posts:
I think Washington's assets are strength, hands, and ability to open up the field with the threat of the deep ball. Hard to predict, but I think he'll be a very valuable piece of the offense to whatever team gets him.