Positional Analysis: WR

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So we are re-signing Meredith, signing Landry and drafting Ridley to form the most talented young WR core in the NFL. Picking up OL In FA and drafting an edge rusher in the 2nd rd.

If this works with everyone, I’ll email Pace in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replace Ridley with Chubb/Nelson/Fitzpatrick and then take Washington/Kirk in the 2nd and we've got a deal.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
More important than 40 time is ability to threaten deep.

The defense has to be worried that you are going to get behind them on any given play. You just need 3 guys that can force a safety out of the box or force a LB to turn and run to the deep seam.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wouldn't care if the Bears drafted Ridley at 8. Projected draft position doesn't mean squat to me if the player starts. And I let the bean counters worry about contracts.
That said I really think Loggains piss poor schemes held the QBs & WRs back a lot. And a healthy roster and improved scheme means a 2nd round WR would be just fine. Would still like to see a nice FA WR.

Personally I still go with the best OL available at 8. If McGlinchey is even close to Nelson go with the T over the G. If Nelson is just that run away better than go Nelson. We now have a OL coach who will know better than anyone how they rank.

I didn't know how to think about what we need to give our new o-line coach to have a legit o-line. Since this guy is talked about as being one of the best in the country at what he does then do we really need to give him top level talent? If he's that great then we should be able to use that and he could coach our o-line to play great with good not great talent right? I mean it's obviously always nice to have the top guys but if he doesn't need the top guys then why not draft him a new guard in the 4th round instead of using our #8 pick on one when we have so many other needs? Maybe he can get the best out of J.Morgan and we can and we can instead draft a guy at tackle to take over for Massie? The center position is pretty good in free agency so why not move Whitehair over to take the place of Sitton and sign a center in free agency. Maybe he can get the best out of K.Long at RT and slide Whitehair over to RG ans sign a center in free agency, yes i know K.Long wasn't great at RT but he was thrown in there without warning so maybe with a full offseason of knowing he'll be playing RT and a full training camp and preseason there would be good for him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
10 million guaranteed is real money.

What's it matter cause when he was healthy he was just fine. I guess this is another one that Pace should somehow know he was gonna be injured so much.

Luke

Liked Posts:
so who is that #1 FA WR signing for the Bears? I think they will have White, Meredith and Wright before FA begins.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's it matter cause when he was healthy he was just fine. I guess this is another one that Pace should somehow know he was gonna be injured so much.

Did I say anything about Pace should have known?

It was a bad signing because he got no return on his investment. Royal was not good when he was healthy, he was mostly invisible.

WR is the position Pace has done the poorest job at, that is pretty much a fact at this point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tyreek Hill [5th]

5'8"
185lbs.
40: 4.29
Vert: 40.5"
Broad: 10'9"
3 cone: 6.53
Shuttle: 4.06

Chris Conley [3rd]

6'2"
213lbs
40: 4.35
Vert: 45"
Broad: 11'7"
3 cone: 7.06
Shuttle: 4.30

Albert Wilson [UDFA]

5'9"
203lbs.
40: 4.43
Vert: 37.5"
Broad: 10'3"
3 cone: 7.0
Shuttle: 4.20

Jehu Chesson [4th]

6'3"
204lbs

40: 4.47
Vert: 35.5"
Broad: 11'
3 cone: 6.07
Shuttle: 4.09

Demarcus Robinson [4th]

6'1"
203lbs.

40: 4.58
Vert: 34.5"
Broad: 10'3"
3 cone: 6.77
Shuttle: 4.19

Observations

-Outside of Robinson they all have pretty insane explosion numbers [vert, broad] and fast to exceptionally fast 40 times.

-All have really good 3 cone and shuttle times, which generally indicate change of direction.

-Obviously by round drafted they have not made huge investments in these guys from a draft capital perspective.

-College production does not seem to matter as much as physical skill set. Most of these guys never crossed the 1000 yard mark in any season in college.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did I say anything about Pace should have known?

It was a bad signing because he got no return on his investment. Royal was not good when he was healthy, he was mostly invisible.

WR is the position Pace has done the poorest job at, that is pretty much a fact at this point.

Well i can't disagree with that. Injuries were still a big part of it still with K.White, C.Meredith, M.Wheaton, E.Royal and even Alshon but i still agree that he's definitely got to get it right this offseason and hasn't done a good job at WR so far.