Post Game Thread: Indianapolis Colts (0-1-0) at Chicago Bears (1-0-0) W41-21

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Thanks!

Pretty good. When it came to the important times (after beginning debacles), they held up well. When the team let up some with the lead, their run blocking seemed to suffer considerably, as wella s their pass blocking (not as much).

upthemiddle

Liked Posts:
Well it was a bad start, but man they picked it up as it went along. I was nervous about this game, I have no idea why, pretty stupid thinking back on it now. Luck looked kind of lousy, very rookie-ish game, fortunately they didn't draft RG3 as he was dominant today hah. Any time you hang 41 on a team, it's a good day. Let's bring the party to Lambough Thursday!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The good:

- Cutler (after the 1/10 start)

- Peppers being himself and getting pressure and wrecking havoc.

- Marshall

- Jeffery

- Offensive line (after the dreadful start)

The Bad:

- Kellen Davis

- Podlesh

Thoughts:

Cutler finished much much better than he started this game. Impressive performance after the early pick 6. As I mentioned in another thread, that kind of turn around shows the maturity of Cutler and his ability to battle back from adversity. Marshall played exceptionally well, just as advertised. Finally we get to see what it looks like to have a #1. Alshon also had a big TD in the game. Look forward to seeing more of that as the season unfolds.

Meanwhile, Kellen Davis looks like he could very shortly end up on the streets if his performance doesn't start picking up. Missed block after missed block. The only thing he did well in today's game was knock two guys out of bounds to spring Jeffery on one of his catches.

And I'm not sure what the deal with Podlesh is, maybe it's the injury, but he looked really bad out there. The lack of power behind those kicks today was a bit alarming. Hopefully this can be attributed to the injury, but if it doesn't get better by this Thusday, you might as well just play the rookie.

All in all, it was a nice first game. Always good to get a win. Kind of bittersweet that we get to play already on Thursday, but that means we have to wait extra long for the game after that. I hate waiting :/

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just got home from soldier field, the atmosphere at the game was amazing and very high energy....although the Bears started off slow they got to work very quick and got it rolling.

The O-line did pretty good, i think Cutler was only sacked twice the whole game if not mistaken.....also Jefferey made that amazing catch when he was coverd by 3 Colts defenders in the endzone, i thought it was an int at first but when the ref said it was a touchdown i was left speechless.......we're gonna see more passes his way from Cutler.

Overall i was glad to see the Bears thier first win of the season, need to keep it going at Packer land thursday.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Expect Rory Sparrow to completely dismissed this win tomorrow. Just forewarning all of you.

Expect most posters to not really care

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was impressed by melton, he got consistent pressure and had a great day.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaky star but the entire offense showed poise, didn't panic, and they got the Jon done in convincing fashion.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, how nice is it to see the bears winning the time of possession. 35 minutes to 25 minutes. That's what our defense needs. A year where they aren't on the field more than the offense. They are getting old, and if we can continue to win the TOP battle, that will keep them fresher later in the year.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure glad we got those 09 flashbacks out of the way early; saved my dogs from the kickings.

(j/k, I put the dogs outside before kickoff; kicking the dogs is bad unless they deserve it)

bbaker

Liked Posts:
-Henry Melton looked solid today. Constant pressure from him.
-Alshon Jeffery is the future. That was kind of a given though. He was a freak in college and I only expected that to continue.
-Hester is a nice distraction for opposing DCs.
-Cutler, when given time, is 1 of the top QBs in the league.
-Marshall, thank god he's here.
-Forte, he got his $$$ & he's back baby!
-Secondary, sure they were going against Luck in his 1st game, but they were ballhawks all day. Very aggressive. I liked what I saw.

Overall, the Bears looked like serious contenders after their slow start. Can't wait for this game on Thursday night.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Bears steamrolled the Colts, and Luck has no running game and no weapons except for Fleener and Wayne.

Marshall and Jeffery are too tall and too good for CBs to cover.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interior of the D line played well today, not just Melton, as a group they played well. We are still missing a pass rush from the outside, besides Peppers. Shae had one early spin move to pressure Luck, and it might have been on a pick, can't recall. Other than that, we had very little pass rush from opposite Peppers, not good.

O line played well after Freeney went out, again not good.

Our CB's did well, Forte did his usual with Bush adding some additional strong play.

We beat a bad team today. Only consolation is, GreenBay is struggling today.

eastrise15

Liked Posts:
Only consolation? That's a little harsh isn't it?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This about sums it up for me...

nomothshere.gif

Perfection.