Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
congrats to the Bears. It was a needed and expected win IMO. Looking forward to Thursday night.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welcome to the NFL, Andy.

Now, GTFO.

HawaiiBearsFan

Liked Posts:
I am withholding judgement until after Thursday night's game but liked what I saw out of the offense. Looking for a more consistent effort from the D. There was a definite difference in the tone once Urlacher left the game. Melton was solid all day and Wooten even showed up today. Here is to the Packers starting 0-2 this year!!

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Potent

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
Now Only If.

DA Bears do this good all season, we'll be fine.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
we got this shit

MacBear

Liked Posts:
How the Hell are the Packers gonna stop what we got when they cant even stop the 49ers offense???

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interior of the D line played well today, not just Melton, as a group they played well. We are still missing a pass rush from the outside, besides Peppers. Shae had one early spin move to pressure Luck, and it might have been on a pick, can't recall. Other than that, we had very little pass rush from opposite Peppers, not good.

O line played well after Freeney went out, again not good.

Our CB's did well, Forte did his usual with Bush adding some additional strong play.

We beat a bad team today. Only consolation is, GreenBay is struggling today.

LMAO....terrible game, we better throw in the towel right now. Nancy, please

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tim Jennings played great today. Maybe the competition in camp did him some good. I remember him dropping INTs left and right last season. Now he is making great catches. He deserves credit!

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol is this a real thread?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Good Win today. Nice to see Jay & the O-Line really settle down after the first 2 horrendous series. Cutler to Marshall for TD, & Cutler to Jeffrey for TD I expect is going to be heard alot this season. This offense looks to be as explosive as advertised as long as the O-Line holds up. Now for the defense. Tim Jennings is making a good step towards making his first Pro Bowl with 2 INTs & several tipped passes. Needs to keep that up. Hayden did an excellent job filling in for Tillman, & Urlacher moved well across the field with a couple tackles & a tip. Other than 3rd down situations in the 2nd half (which some of which was a product of being up by alot), overall the defense was better than I expected it would be.

This was a good win but it's a win we were expected to make & expected to make big. We delivered. Thursday is the true test. Nothing would be sweeter than putting the Pack down 0-2 on their homefield.

BuddyRyans46

MEAN.
Liked Posts:
The Final Analysis

Positives from today's game:

1-OL play. J'Marcus Webb silenced all of the negative Nancies by actually playing well. Yeah, can ya believe it? The WORST LT IN THE HISTORY OF THE COSMOS actually played well..0 sacks given up, 0 false start penalties, etc.

2-What a draft class! Rodriguez lead-blocking for Forte like a madman. Even Gumbel and Dierdorf gave Evan a shout out. Alshon playing like a MAN and contributing to the passing game immediately. Even though he didn't register a sack, Shea brought the heat a number of times. Dude does have the spin move down.

3-Cutler (when he wasn't playing poorly). After the horrific start, Cutler played like the guy we all HOPE he is. Led our high-powered offense on a number of impressive scoring drives.

4-Marshall...apparently, he is still a BEAST. Apparently we have found a GM, fellas. Marshall, Bush, Alshon, Shea, Rodriguez, et. al. It seems to me that Emery knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

Negatives

1-Jay. Dude still makes throws which he has no business making. Even during his "hot streak", he still made 2-3 passes which could have/should have/would have been intercepted. He's lucky that he wasn't picked 3 times in this game. He would unleash 7-8 beautiful passes in a row and then he would toss a turd which a Colts LB or DB would drop. Say what you want, but guys like Rodgers and Brady don't randomly toss turds throughout a game.

2-Defense. Yeah, yeah I know that they FINALLY started to get to Luck in the 4th quarter, but there was sporadic pressure (at best) in the first 3 quarters. Sporadic pressure ain't gonna cut it against Rodgers and the Pack.

3-Kellen Davis. Dude whiffed on a block that got Cutler sacked and didn't do anything positive which I saw.

4-Lovie's uber-conservative, "do it by the book, as written by Tubby Raymond" worldview. The Cover-2 is an inherently cowardly scheme which relies upon the opposing to "eventually screw up." If you have the DL which features guys like Mean Joe, Ernie Holmes, L.C. Greenwood, Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, et. al. you are set. If you don't, elite opposing qbs (you know guys like Brady, and Rodgers) will sit back there, find the openings in the zone and tear you to shreds. These guys are more than happy to dink and dunk their way down the field. They are patient and intelligent and don't make mistakes. Sitting back waiting for them to "screw up" isn't an effective strategy. They are more than capable of tossing 40+ passes without throwing a single INT. Unless we build a DL like the NY football Giants, we are never winning a Super Bowl with Lovie's cowardly scheme.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defensive Team Effort

Did you notice the amount of gang tackling today? It reminded me of 2006. Guys were flying everywhere trying to gang tackle and strip the ball. You have to love that because between Url, Pep, Briggs and Peanut, this may be their last shot together.

When this D plays like that, with that intensity, AMAZING things will happen. To me, seeing that effort is almost as impressive as Jay/Beast/A.J. You cannot coach this stuff, it has to come from within.

Prepare yourselves Bears fans, this D is up to something brillant this year.

Now, BEAR THE FUCK DOWN!

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 2nd TD by the Colts was a gimme from Lovie...All cover 2 defense..They let him dink and dunk down the field

Lovie does that a lot. He gets a big lead, and doesnt wanna embarass anyone. So he lets em score a little.

But overall, I liked what I saw

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the game was close, our pressure on the QB was impressive.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
The O Line

Was a lot better than thought. Yes it was dreadful those first couple of drives, but they pulled things together. Sure, they still had their spurts during drives where things didn't go right, but overall I think the O Line was just where we needed it today