Post Your Cooking/Food Tips Here

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant wait to make my pork benedicts with Crawfish cream sauce.

Gonna make some home made buttermilk biscuits. I do drop biscuits because I am the king of drop biscuit.

Going to cut to center cut pork medallions about 1/4 inch think. Batter in my seasonings and breadcrumbs. Deep Fry that bad boy. Poach a couple of eggs to perfection and finish it with a crawfish and lobster cream sauce.

Split the biscuit. Place medallion, poached egg, and top with cream sauce. Finish with some chives and get ready for your testicles to tickle.

AussieBear

Gonna make some home made buttermilk biscuits. I do drop biscuits because I am the king of drop biscuit.

Going to cut to center cut pork medallions about 1/4 inch think. Batter in my seasonings and breadcrumbs. Deep Fry that bad boy. Poach a couple of eggs to perfection and finish it with a crawfish and lobster cream sauce.

Split the biscuit. Place medallion, poached egg, and top with cream sauce. Finish with some chives and get ready for your testicles to tickle.

you can keep the fancy shit.. but do send a good biscuit.. i gotz gravy..

still red capsicum (bell pepper) season here.. making some more stuffed ones.. did a diced lamb forequarter and wild rice stuffed one the other day.. maybe just mince beef/rice tonight..

btw..i sear the lamb forequarters for that yummy caramelised meat.. keep it rare .. let it rest.. then dice

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dammit all, that sounds soooo good. Very hungry now.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ima fry up some good hashbrown taters.... butter/oil nice and hot in the pan.... drop them taters and listen to em sizzle.... season with some onion/garlic/chili powder in addition to salt/pepper.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ima fry up some good hashbrown taters.... butter/oil nice and hot in the pan.... drop them taters and listen to em sizzle.... season with some onion/garlic/chili powder in addition to salt/pepper.

Back on the hash browns eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Back on the hash browns eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am perpetually on a quest to figure out how to make the best hashbrowns I can.... I have honestly yet to master it perfectly, getting that golden-brown crust on each side.

I need to nail down an exact ratio of potatoes to butter/oil/seasoning when I make them.... often I wind up with too much oil and the whole thing almost deep fries, which is ok, but not what I'm going for.

AussieBear

I am perpetually on a quest to figure out how to make the best hashbrowns I can.... I have honestly yet to master it perfectly, getting that golden-brown crust on each side.

I need to nail down an exact ratio of potatoes to butter/oil/seasoning when I make them.... often I wind up with too much oil and the whole thing almost deep fries, which is ok, but not what I'm going for.

slow pan fan... its what i do.. just make sure the pan is hot enough at the start or ur sucking up lots of oil.. unless you like that

homemade or frozen bundle

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

If you are shredding your own taters are you giving them at least a 20 minute salt water bath before cooking?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you are shredding your own taters are you giving them at least a 20 minute salt water bath before cooking?

Doubtful. I don't think he even knows how to boil water or make toast.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doubtful. I don't think he even knows how to boil water or make toast.

gbJAXIc.png

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I losing it, or was there once a chili thread in here? I wanted to make some tomorrow and was looking for new ideas.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

AussieBear

Yes, you are loosing it and there is a chili thread 8 threads down from this one.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/46345-Chili-Recipes

*************WARNING***************

Some of these monsters put beans in their 'chili'.

nuffin wrong with beans in chili... unless its hot dog chili... i like the filler personally... beans and corn are usually my filler ingredients.. served on rice sometimes.. but always topped with more filler -- hotsauce, crackers and cheese..

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
nuffin wrong with beans in chili... unless its hot dog chili... i like the filler personally... beans and corn are usually my filler ingredients.. served on rice sometimes.. but always topped with more filler -- hotsauce, crackers and cheese..

You can do whatever you want with your chili, add pasta for chili mac, put it on a hot dog, if you want to put beans in it that's up to you. The point is beans are not an ingredient in chili, chili does not contain beans, sour cream, cheese, pasta, or any other thing you want to add after the fact. I like shredded pepper jack cheese with a dollop of sour cream. If you cooked the chili with beans in it, ya fucked up your chili.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, you are loosing it and there is a chili thread 8 threads down from this one.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/46345-Chili-Recipes

*************WARNING***************

Some of these monsters put beans in their 'chili'.

Thanks, not sure why it didn't show up for me in the Food forum.
But I do add red kidney beans to chili. Just a personal preference.

ETA: I just checked the Food and Drink sub-forum and it's still doesn't show there. I found it through your link, but only about 6-7 threads show up there. Anyone know how to see all the threads?

Last edited:

AussieBear

You can do whatever you want with your chili, add pasta for chili mac, put it on a hot dog, if you want to put beans in it that's up to you. The point is beans are not an ingredient in chili, chili does not contain beans, sour cream, cheese, pasta, or any other thing you want to add after the fact. I like shredded pepper jack cheese with a dollop of sour cream. If you cooked the chili with beans in it, ya fucked up your chili.

i guess it depends on your belief of where you think chili originated from.. for example... the aztec, incans, mayans had beans in theirs..

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.history.com/topics/maya
"From the late eighth through the end of the ninth century, something unknown happened to shake the Maya civilization to its foundations. One by one, the Classic cities in the southern lowlands were abandoned, and by A.D. 900, Maya civilization in that region had collapsed. The reason for this mysterious decline is unknown, though scholars have developed several competing theories."

75963997.jpg