Potential Bulls Head Coaching Candidates

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Jim Boylen? Was an assistant coach on the 94 and 95 rockets title squads and the 2014 spurs.

IDK. Reading this list and it has Calipari as a choice for some odd reason.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It doesn't have as much to do with "Iowa State ties" as it does with him being a former player for the franchise, a guy who is very well respected by his players, and someone with NBA front office experience. This guy is a winner wherever he goes - some people just have that "it" factor, and he does. I've watched it happen since his high school days. He'll be an NBA head coach, and then a front office executive in the near future. If we're lucky, it's for the Bulls.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Hoiberg has the "it" factor just yet. He hasn't coached a single game in the NBA so you may be getting a little ahead of yourself here. He hasn't really been a "winner" wherever he's gone. I enjoyed him as a player for the Bulls because he played from his giant, albeit malfunctioning, heart during the most brutal stretch in Bulls basketball history and never once complained. But let's be honest here. His career as a player was pretty unspectacular. His time as a VP was also fairly unspectacular. Now all that doesn't mean it will define is coaching acumen but I'd be hard pressed to think of him as any sort of savior at this point.

What I do like about him is that he has shown, while running an uptempo NBA style offense in college, a great grasp on how to get the most out of his players while tailoring his playbooks to their strengths. His demeanor is calm and collected. His players have a genuine affection for him, as does he for them. The ability to connect with all kinds of egos is the biggest challenge an NBA coach faces, which is why a lot of college coach transplants fail. In this regard, I think Hoiberg should excel much in the manner Kerr has this year. All of these are good qualities to have in a coach.

If he does take the job, which all indications are that he does, he is going to have a tremendous amount of pressure on him, while coming off of another heart surgery. That is a major concern to me. How is he going to handle it? How will his health hold up? Being head coach of the Chicago Bulls is one of the toughest jobs in the NBA because of the fanbase, the media, and the front office. Hopefully he handles it all well but all we can do is wait and see at this point.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What about Mark Jackson? Thoughts about him?

I don't think so. He's his own man and told the front office to fuck off. Paxson wants a puppet.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wouldn't go so far as to say Hoiberg has the "it" factor just yet. He hasn't coached a single game in the NBA so you may be getting a little ahead of yourself here. He hasn't really been a "winner" wherever he's gone. I enjoyed him as a player for the Bulls because he played from his giant, albeit malfunctioning, heart during the most brutal stretch in Bulls basketball history and never once complained. But let's be honest here. His career as a player was pretty unspectacular. His time as a VP was also fairly unspectacular. Now all that doesn't mean it will define is coaching acumen but I'd be hard pressed to think of him as any sort of savior at this point.

What I do like about him is that he has shown, while running an uptempo NBA style offense in college, a great grasp on how to get the most out of his players while tailoring his playbooks to their strengths. His demeanor is calm and collected. His players have a genuine affection for him, as does he for them. The ability to connect with all kinds of egos is the biggest challenge an NBA coach faces, which is why a lot of college coach transplants fail. In this regard, I think Hoiberg should excel much in the manner Kerr has this year. All of these are good qualities to have in a coach.

If he does take the job, which all indications are that he does, he is going to have a tremendous amount of pressure on him, while coming off of another heart surgery. That is a major concern to me. How is he going to handle it? How will his health hold up? Being head coach of the Chicago Bulls is one of the toughest jobs in the NBA because of the fanbase, the media, and the front office. Hopefully he handles it all well but all we can do is wait and see at this point.
This whole post is done very well, but I can't stop laughing at the bold.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Traits Forman is Looking for in the Next Head Coach

During the conference yesterday, a reporter asked Forman what traits will he be looking for in the next head coach. While these are probably not all of them, these are pretty much the main ones.

• Right fit for the individual players, the team, and the organization
  • A leader
  • Great communication skills
  • Excellent knowledge of the game of basketball
  • Open, creative learner

Is there anybody that fits the build he is looking for or is similar?

Right now, I can only think of Kenny Atkinson, a Hawks assistant coach. He pretty much meets all of the traits Forman is looking for. Thoughts? Opinions?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
During the conference yesterday, a reporter asked Forman what traits will he be looking for in the next head coach. While these are probably not all of them, these are pretty much the main ones.

• Right fit for the individual players, the team, and the organization
  • A leader
  • Great communication skills
  • Excellent knowledge of the game of basketball
  • Open, creative learner

Is there anybody that fits the build he is looking for or is similar?

Right now, I can only think of Kenny Atkinson, a Hawks assistant coach. He pretty much meets all of the traits Forman is looking for. Thoughts? Opinions?
Supposedly Fred Hoiberg has all those traits too.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Des Moines Register reporter just got on the radio here (810 AM) in Kansas City and reported it's a 100 percent done deal between Hoiberg and the Bulls and that it's been a done deal for a few weeks.

Looks like we have our coach.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Des Moines Register reporter just got on the radio here (810 AM) in Kansas City and reported it's a 100 percent done deal between Hoiberg and the Bulls and that it's been a done deal for a few weeks.

Not surprised

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not surprised
im_shocked.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are your sources for that?

It is common knowledge out of the Bay area. Mark Jackson was a very strong personality and didn't tolerate interference by the GM.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif