Potential new top head coaching candidate emerging

Applefan

Liked Posts:
In the Lindy's 2017 NFL Draft Guide, Turbisky's pro comparison was Andy Dalton. Not sure how I feel about that.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
KC has the best roster in the NFL, however, the Reid coaching tree has a damn good history. Wouldn't be opposed.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are there any good position coaches or third-tier assistants who would be ecstatic to get a shot at head coaching and therefore be willing to defer a good chunk of their decision-making power to the front office? Because that's who the Bears will be targeting . . .

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Right now, in no order, my top candidates would be Nagy, LaFleur, and Toub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a gimmick offense that will have a short shelf life.

That's the only thing I worry about. We saw it with Chip Kelly and the Eagles. Year 1, they were unstoppable. Then defenses figured them out, and the offense became anemic.

Not so much a gimmick as it doesn’t rely on the same concept over and over. Also, everything starts out as a gimmick until it becomes a breakthrough.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
If you keep Fox, you lose Fangio anyway. There were plenty of rumors he wanted to walk and didn’t get along with Fox (my guess is that Fox wants his say on the defense).his contract is up after this year, if Fox is here, he is gone.
Picking a offensive head coach may actually increase the odds that Fangio stays, as he would get the authority to run the defense as he sees fit.
One name not mentioned was David Shaw. He has ties to Fangio via Harbaugh’s staff at Stanford. He’s a Stanford alum so it might be tough to pry him away but he’s the ideal coach to come in here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm, interesting.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Chiefs offense is not a gimmick. God, how many consecutive playoff years out of nothing before people realize the Chiefs are just really good? Good offense. Good defense. Good players. Good coaching. The Bears arguably don’t have any of those.

What’s true is that the Chiefs have a surplus of playmakers, something the Bears definitely DON’T have.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
im kind of liking the idea of Matt LaFleur. young offensive mind with a good background, working with quality offensive minds, playing a role in a number of decent offenses, and working with some young Qbs.

though i think i prefer a candidate to have more than just 1 year as a coordinator.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Nagy. I'm not sure how much influence he has over the offense but I could see something similar working here… after adding some actual WRs of course.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
How does he feel about building the man through bowling? Also, are his daughters hawt?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

21985212_119863195365768_4663431247538683904_n.jpg

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
im fine with cleaning house when we make our coaching change.

for the sake of sticking with the 3-4 for the personnel we have, who are our top candidates to be our DC? bowles or bust?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Are there any good position coaches or third-tier assistants who would be ecstatic to get a shot at head coaching and therefore be willing to defer a good chunk of their decision-making power to the front office? Because that's who the Bears will be targeting . . .

You must live a horribly negative life and i'm sorry for that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is not about what the Chiefs are doing right now.

It is about how much they change, adapt and how creative they are, all while having success.

Andy Reid has hit a new level in terms of offensive design and play calling. They are running read option, with tradiotnally option, with west coast passing concepts being run by 4.3 guys.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another interesting tidbit here is the reported interest that Kansas City had in Trubisky. From reports, it seems as though Trubisky was Reid’s/Nagy’s number one guy.

MMQB’s Emily Kaplan says the Kansas City Chiefs were reportedly interested in moving up for Mitchell Trubisky in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Add to that the leaked report that Kansas City made Tennessee an offer for the #5 pick...

At one point discussion turned to the rest of the first round. Peters heard reliably that Kansas City, picking 27th, was moving way up to Tennessee at five. Presumably for a quarterback. “I hear it’s for a one, two, four and next year’s one,” Shanahan said. “They offered that to Tennessee.”

If KC was set on QB in the first round, and Trubisky was their #1 guy, and they were willing to trade multiple high picks for him, it’s safe to assume that Nagy did his research on Trubisky and liked what he saw.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine. He's better than Fox. But then so is my 3 year old nephew.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Another interesting tidbit here is the reported interest that Kansas City had in Trubisky. From reports, it seems as though Trubisky was Reid’s/Nagy’s number one guy.

MMQB’s Emily Kaplan says the Kansas City Chiefs were reportedly interested in moving up for Mitchell Trubisky in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Add to that the leaked report that Kansas City made Tennessee an offer for the #5 pick...

At one point discussion turned to the rest of the first round. Peters heard reliably that Kansas City, picking 27th, was moving way up to Tennessee at five. Presumably for a quarterback. “I hear it’s for a one, two, four and next year’s one,” Shanahan said. “They offered that to Tennessee.”

If KC was set on QB in the first round, and Trubisky was their #1 guy, and they were willing to trade multiple high picks for him, it’s safe to assume that Nagy did his research on Trubisky and liked what he saw.

Yeah if Trubs plays well this season and not even meaning in wins but just his play and he shows that he's gonna be a legit QB in the NFL then that's gonna have not only coaches more intrigued by the Bears head coaching gig but also will help with players in free agency wanting to play with Trubs which will hopefully be WR's that are wanting to come here. I don't think we'll have a problem with people being interested in the job.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Fox is going anywhere. The plan was for him to start next year with the rookie. Seems like it happened earlier than thought. This year will go on. Pace will say, this is the year we really wanted with Trubisky mentally ready. Since we started him early, he has made his mistakes. So now we have this year to get it going with him. So Fox will be given one more year to prove it since this is what they wanted to begin with.