Potential new top head coaching candidate emerging

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like the idea of having a former QB has a head coach, Bears probably won't deal out the big bucks and trust Ryan Pace to make a decision this time and a young guy.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the idea of having a former QB has a head coach, Bears probably won't deal out the big bucks and trust Ryan Pace to make a decision this time and a young guy.

Right.....it comes down to money. Like they didn’t spend it on Glennon? Or Cutler. They have paid before. The Bears being “cheap” ended a while ago and they will pay a HC. Yes, the Bears deserved their rep at one time but it isn’t relevant anymore and won’t support your argument.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Right.....it comes down to money. Like they didn’t spend it on Glennon? Or Cutler. They have paid before. The Bears being “cheap” ended a while ago and they will pay a HC. Yes, the Bears deserved their rep at one time but it isn’t relevant anymore and won’t support your argument.

Hopefully they prove me wrong or hopefully not if they find a good year potential coach.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morn...rager-s-Deeper-Dive-Andy-Reid-s-Coaching-Tree

Check out this coaching tree. Pretty impressive.
Current Head Coaches:

Ron Rivera
Doug Pederson
Sean McDermott
John Harbaugh
Todd Bowles

Coordinators:

Steve Spagnolo (sp)
Leslie Fraizer
Marty Schottenheimer (sp)
Brad Childress
Pat Shurmur

Saw that. I knew about all the currents but didn't realize how deep it goes.

Take a flier on a Reid guy and chances are you got yourself a decent coach.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Toub is also a Reid guy.

They’re in love with Toub here in Kansas City (obviously he was also loved with the Bears).

I really think they ought to take a long, strong look at Toub whenever they decide to oust Fox. At least talk with him and seriously entertain the possibility. Toub’s going to get snatched up by somebody—I want it to be the Bears.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Toub is also a Reid guy.

Yup, if you watch the video link I posted it goes into Front Office people too. I just stopped with the Coordinators.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
They’re in love with Toub here in Kansas City (obviously he was also loved with the Bears).

I really think they ought to take a long, strong look at Toub whenever they decide to oust Fox. At least talk with him and seriously entertain the possibility. Toub’s going to get snatched up by somebody—I want it to be the Bears.

Completely agree.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:

For what it's worth, Hub mentioned on SCR that Toub does get some interviews for HC but says maybe is a bad interviewer seeing that he hasn't landed the job yet.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Wonder who Toub would bring with him as OC & DC. That'd be my biggest concern.

Being such a well-respected coach, I don't think he'd have a problem getting some good coaches, but it's still a big question coming in as a ST coach.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'm all in on Toub. I would just love it if he could keep Fangio. I don't know how much of a pipe dream that is, though. I just want hobo Fox gone. I'm not sure about who Toub brings as an OC. Does he take some of KC's staff or does he bring in an eclectic bunch that he used to work with all over, like maybe we get Marrioti and the Rush Men back...

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why Matt Nagy should replace John Fox as Bears HC

What about a young offensive coordinator who has worked under one of the best offensive minds of the last quarter century, who redesigned an offense around a talented-but-limited quarterback, a good run game, and a unique ball-in-his-hands talent?

When Doug Pederson left for Philadelphia despite being an offensive coordinator who didn’t even call plays, many wondered about the logic in such a move.

His work with Carson Wentz in transforming the Eagles offense proved the doubters wrong. Philly might be the best team in football and Wentz is the MVP favorite.

But something interesting happened when Pederson left: the Chiefs offense became even more creative. They used Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce in interesting ways and broke Andy Reid out of a mini-rut of methodical, predictable offense.

Matt Nagy, just 39, deserves the credit for an offensive makeover that transformed the Chiefs into one of the best offenses in football.

A former arena league quarterback, Nagy is the ideal coach to develop an offense that fits the skillset of Mitch Trubisky. That has to be the Bears’ top priority, particularly with the defense looking so well positioned moving forward.

And though Nagy lacks experience as a head coach, the Bears could try to convince Vic Fangio — by some reports unhappy with his standing with the Bears — to stay with more autonomy to run Chicago’s defensive unit the way he sees fit.

Such a marriage would give Nagy an established coach on the opposite side of the ball, much like the Rams have done with Sean McVay and Wade Phillips, and look what that has done for the performance of Jared Goff.

Jordan Howard ideally fits the Kareem Hunt role as a dual-threat runner. Tarik Cohen was born to play the Tyreek Hill wildcard role in the backfield, in the slot, and all over the field.

Adam Shaheen isn’t the same caliber of player as Travis Kelce (no one in the league is right now), but he’s a big, athletic player. Cameron Meredith, when healthy, provides a solid possession option and the Chiefs have long survived without a true No. 1 receiver.

Nagy’s offense doesn’t require a Julio Jones to make it work.

Kansas City runs a converted college offense, ideally suited for a young quarterback such as Trubisky, particularly with his running ability.

It’s perfect for Trubisky, which is all that should matter for the Bears. It’s time for Chicago to take a risk and sell out for the future of this franchise.

Matty Nagy could pay off in an enormous way if they do.

Alex Smith —> Trubisky
Travis Kelce —> Shaheen
Kareem Hunt —> Howard
Tyreek Hill —> Cohen
[insert speed WR]
[insert speed WR]
Meredith
Inman

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would certainly be ok with retaining Fangio. However,

I wouldn't keep Fox in order to retain Fangio.
I wouldn't promote Fangio to HC in order to keep him.

I would prefer (and expect) they hire an offensive-minded coach, and hopefully get a very good DC. And I hope they don't flip back to a 4-3 and start over.

I know this is not always how it works, but in general, I believe if you hire a defensive minded head coach, he meddles and wants the offense to be conservative.
If you hire an offensive HC, they tend to turn the D over to the coordinator, and don't try to run it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts: