Pre-Spring Training Picks

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean a guy got stronger as he went from late teens to adulthood?

right. because in 1 year he goes from 10 HRs in the MINORS to the next year (leaping to ya know, the MLB) and slugging 30 HRS...thats a quick growth spurt.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Cards have no chemistry?

Sorry, that is the last team I expect to have chemistry problems.

They're going to be around because like Boo said, they got great hitting and pitching that has no excuse not to dominate.

Pittsburgh has better hitting, but pitching? No way.....no contest.

A couple of other things to factor with the Cardinals is Wacha didn't pitch the full year, Westbrook is now gone, and as a youthful team, they have WS experience and I am sure a hunger to achieve that goal. They also have great defense, and the "x" factor which is an experienced bench. When you have Wong, Ellis, Descalso, Cruz, Jay, Taveras (at some point) and Robinson, I'd say they are stacked in all the right places.

The Cardinals know how to manufacture runs and they can do it at every position in the line-up whether it be the long ball, or 2 out hits.

Like I said, their will be a short time for them to get on track because of new players and new positions, but the great pitching staff top to bottom will keep them atop until they iron out any issues.

If you have any money, bet on the Cardinals. It is about as safe a bet as you can get.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are peoples thoughts on the Reds with Dust Bag gone?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
What are peoples thoughts on the Reds with Dust Bag gone?

I think they are on the downside. They had their opportunity and that window is closing fast. They will still be good, but with Homer Bailey possibly testing free agency, and who knows what Brandon Phillips will do week to week, I can only imagine that they will be looking at a WC at best.

Maybe they can beat out Pittsburgh, but they will be bucking SF, LA, Atl, Washington, and St Louis. No way are they even close to the Cardinals, and Dodgers for that matter. Hell, you can probably throw AZ and Colorado in there for giggles as teams they might have to compete against.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am interested in seeing what Billy Hamilton does, but yes this is clearly the Cardinals division still.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am interested in seeing what Billy Hamilton does, but yes this is clearly the Cardinals division still.

Saw Hamilton play in a lot of games last year in Louisville. He's major-league ready based on his inhuman speed, ability to switch-hit and solid defense. Whether it was in Louisville or for the Reds, Hamilton had problems handling hard stuff on the inside part of the plate. One game in particular I remember seeing him have problems was against Trevor Bauer (Columbus Clippers/Indians). Bauer would work him on the outer third then come back inside with a fastball and Hamilton wasn't picking it up. He went 1 for 4 during the game, although the single he did get was after Bauer left the game.

That's his biggest issue -- handling the inner third.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

its going to be that way for a while.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
its going to be that way for a while.

Not when the God himself, Javier Baez, comes up. He is going to hit 45 homers in his first year and bat .372! Watch!

Liked Posts:
I do think the Cardinals will miss Beltran's clubhouse presence more than they realize, but I still have them winning the division. The Central overall won't be as strong as it was last year.

Reds will miss Choo's presence at the top of the order, and Votto and Phillips are aging quite fast. And lord only knows what's going to happen with Arroyo.

The Pirates are a scrappy group, but they have a gaping hole at first base that I think will catch up to them eventually.

The Brewers will benefit from Braun coming back and Garza was a big upgrade to their rotation, but I expect Gomez and Segura to return to earth after overperforming in 2013.

There will be more wins available for us in this division in 2014 than in 2013, but in all likelihood we'll still finish last. Search for moral victories, folks. Or else continue to live with your miserable lives as frontrunners.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Just one question - Why haven't you shot yourself yet like your avi suggests?

I want to shoot myself every time I talk to precious little bundles of wasted DNA such as yourself as you :fap: to unrealistic expectations for the state of this pathetic team. Of course, that would be the easy way out.

Somebody has to put your dumb ass in his place around here. Every time I want to just 'let it go' and just ignore you and your opinions, you find new ways to dazzle me and dad-gummit you just pull me right back in.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw Hamilton play in a lot of games last year in Louisville. He's major-league ready based on his inhuman speed, ability to switch-hit and solid defense. Whether it was in Louisville or for the Reds, Hamilton had problems handling hard stuff on the inside part of the plate. One game in particular I remember seeing him have problems was against Trevor Bauer (Columbus Clippers/Indians). Bauer would work him on the outer third then come back inside with a fastball and Hamilton wasn't picking it up. He went 1 for 4 during the game, although the single he did get was after Bauer left the game.

That's his biggest issue -- handling the inner third.
It will be fascinating to watch because he will probably struggle to have an OBP over .300, but the speed is just so unbelievable he might actually still be valuable. I would think he would be an ideal candidate to bat 9th in the lineup, but doubt the Reds will be that creative in their use of him.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Miggy's had groin problems..etc. That's called being outta shape.

There's no proof of him using PED's.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fatso that is probably one of the greatest hitters of all time. I still remember when he took an way inside fastball out to dead center. It was one of the greatest homers I ever saw because of how far he got his hands in. The guy is truly amazing. I mean I know I would hate him if he was in the Cubs division but, fuck me, you have to respect him.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Fatso that is probably one of the greatest hitters of all time. I still remember when he took an way inside fastball out to dead center. It was one of the greatest homers I ever saw because of how far he got his hands in. The guy is truly amazing. I mean I know I would hate him if he was in the Cubs division but, fuck me, you have to respect him.

You're a Cubs fan........consider yourself but fucked! :buttrock:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darwin Barney gets 2.3 million from the cubs! Championship!

Liked Posts:
:harden::cum:

:nervous:

:eek:hmy:

But most importantly :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Seriously man, that's just sick. Even if meant as a joke.

This type of language would have never been tolerated during my early, more active years on CBS (and prior to the start of the Twitter generation).

And when you think about it, how sad is it when I can predict exactly what you're going to post?

Go ahead and report me for whatever you'd like. I don't post enough around here to matter anyway.