Preseason Discussion Thread and Gameday Talk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chemistry may favor Niko/Gasol and Noah/Gibson as they are more familiar with each other.

I like the thought of brining in Noah/Gibson with McBuckets as there shouldn't be a defensive issue. Playing McBuckets and Niko together is the hard part.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don´t like Gasol at C and Mirotic at PF defensively. Both of em have their issues on that side of the court.

When you add McDermott to those two in a lineup you better score every possession...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We'll see you in a couple weeks Derrick

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

We'll see you in a couple weeks Derrick
He certainly doesn't look alright.

1. He needs to do something about that hair
2. His face looks like he's 87 years old
3. He looks like he's half asleep
4. His eye still isn't open.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
He certainly doesn't look alright.

1. He needs to do something about that hair
2. His face looks like he's 87 years old
3. He looks like he's half asleep
4. His eye still isn't open.

Maybe 3. has something to do with 4. ? :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
6. He still has double vision

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dougie didn't make many shots, but he made the game winner in style

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don´t like Gasol at C and Mirotic at PF defensively. Both of em have their issues on that side of the court.

When you add McDermott to those two in a lineup you better score every possession...

I think that is why we will see a lot of

Rose-Butler-Snell-Mirotic-Gasol Say whatever you want, that length in that lineup is going to cause issues for many teams. Mitotic is a deceptive defender, he has some weakness but makes up for a lot with steals and bothering shots with his length, and rebounding. The rest he more than makes up for with offense.

Gasol is similar. He isn't that quick, but damn he is long and he bothers shots sometimes. He gets 2 blocks, Miro gets a steal and a block a game. Thats good enough for me.
Meanwhile Brooks- and McDermott come in and shoot the pants off bench mob style. They are better anchored with Noah and Gibson defensively, as well as better facilitated.

Mitotic becomes the best jump shooter in your starting lineup and I'm not sure thats ideal. McBuckets and Snell and Gibson for Gay would solve a lot of problems.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rose-Butler-Snell-Mirotic-Gasol Say whatever you want, that length in that lineup is going to cause issues for many teams. Mitotic is a deceptive defender, he has some weakness but makes up for a lot with steals and bothering shots with his length, and rebounding. The rest he more than makes up for with offense.

Gasol is similar. He isn't that quick, but damn he is long and he bothers shots sometimes. He gets 2 blocks, Miro gets a steal and a block a game. Thats good enough for me.
Meanwhile Brooks- and McDermott come in and shoot the pants off bench mob style. They are better anchored with Noah and Gibson defensively, as well as better facilitated.

Mitotic becomes the best jump shooter in your starting lineup and I'm not sure thats ideal. McBuckets and Snell and Gibson for Gay would solve a lot of problems.

Where Gasol is really weak defensively is the PF position where he would be typically matched up against quicker and more athletic players. At this point, he is much more valuable on both sides of the floor as a center. He's no Noah on D, but he's light years ahead of him in terms of offense.

Mirotic is no Gibson on D, either. If it was me, I'd start Taj over him, but I understand the logic of pairing Noah with Taj off the bench (both play well together) and giving Mirotic the chance to take his game to the next level. Mirotic in the starting line-up will really help the Bulls' starters more easily produce offense and that is where they are trying to cash in their checks this season.

Not a big fan of the Gay idea because it is flawed in a sense. Gay is basically a poor man's Melo on offense (much better on defense). But he is not really ideal at all for a fast-paced offense. So unless you are planning to use him in the role of a stretch 4, I don't think he will adapt well to Hoiberg's offense based on pushing the pace and spacing the floor.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
The interior defense will be a little weak with Gasol and Niko but the perimeter defense should be pretty dang good with Snell and Butler out there which can help the lack of interior defense some.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:

Too much which would probably cause even more problems.