Press Conference at 10

Toast88

Liked Posts:

If you guys don't already, please listen to the Halas Intrigue podcast show with Jason Lieser, Pat Finley and Mark Potash. It's easily the most common-sense and insightful Bears podcast, much moreso than Hoge and Jahns, in my opinion. They get straight to the point, and they don't sugarcoat it. They're not afraid of pissing people off, but they keep it professional and honest (when they're not good-naturedly making fun of Potash).

As an example, Pat Finley jumped in and asked Trubisky right off the bat after the playoff game, for Trubisky's first question, if he wants to be back in Chicago next year. An excellent straightforward common-sense question. Hoge and Jahns, on their podcast, made fun of Pat Finley for asking that right off the bat and asking it so straightforwardly. They seemed to want him to ease into it and ask it in a noncontroversial way.

Point being, yeah, you can pretty well count on Lieser and Finley being honest and forthright.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll check it out but honestly my interest right now is so low. Zero hope for this season. I don't remember hating Marc Trestman this much.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
What was DeAndre Hopkins? You're wrong, Robinson isn't getting anyone a first. Maybe a 3rd

You should not be using Bill o'brien making one of the most lopsided trades in nfl history as a barometer for a players value,

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
After listening to this today I have finally come to the honest conclusion based on actual facts, that wining a Super Bowl is a goal on page 10 of the McCaskey's 8 page goals list.

Make no mistake, they told you this without saying the actual words.

So going forward, as, (or if,) you continue to support this team, that a super bowl win is not their top priority and for you to be pissed when they lose is wrong.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Until they fix the QB position, nothing else will matter. Whether it is Pace or any other GM. Pace has done well in the drafts at finding some good players but has failed at the most important position. He needs to get it right without destroying the future of the franchise. I don't care if he has to give up draft picks to land the QB. The giving up draft picks is not the bad part, the bad part is getting the QB wrong.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Until they fix the QB position, nothing else will matter. Whether it is Pace or any other GM. Pace has done well in the drafts at finding some good players but has failed at the most important position. He needs to get it right without destroying the future of the franchise. I don't care if he has to give up draft picks to land the QB. The giving up draft picks is not the bad part, the bad part is getting the QB wrong.
Problem is, there is no right QB for Nagy. A QB can't fix play calls with 2 WR's and 4 DB's being in the same spot. A very predictable, scared offense doesn't have a right QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The standard for the Bears is not winning.

The standard is not embarrassing the franchise.

Until that changes and the bar gets raised we are not going anywhere.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I missed the presser. Anyone know where it can be viewed?

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
McAfee just said it's obvious that the Bears are not a football team but a business. Wouldn't even really talk about it just said watch the press conference if you wanna know what to think about the Bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You should not be using Bill o'brien making one of the most lopsided trades in nfl history as a barometer for a players value,
Even if he was worth a first rounder, I think tag and trade will drop his value a bit. He's going to require a huge contract immediately and he's a UFA without the tag.

That and there is an exceptional WR draft class this year and a good free agent WR group.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
McAfee just said it's obvious that the Bears are not a football team but a business. Wouldn't even really talk about it just said watch the press conference if you wanna know what to think about the Bears.
Have you watched other team’s end of year pressers? You’re not going to see much difference.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
What I got out of the presser is that these guys are both out next year if they don’t make the playoffs and that they committed long term to neither one. The silence speaks volumes too. Both contracts end after 2021 and they’ll let it play out.

It sucks that another year of our lives will be wasted watching this trash, I wouldn’t let Pace draft a QB either, he wanted his King Foles so badly throw that Snowman back out there to play 500, let the Bears go 6-10 and then give a new GM a decent draft pick to work with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Of course you did.

Yeah not everyone can look past the Trubisky mistake and see the guy isn't bad at what he does and some (You) just can't get that out of their heads and hate everything Pace does because of it. It's kinda sad. I've been saying for a while now that i would of been fine with Pace getting fired as long as whoever replaces him is better but going off of this one press conference i thought he handled himself quite well.

You can go back to hating everything Bears now. ☺

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thought Pace and Nagy got far easier questions and deflected with ease the few they didn't want to answer - neither really said anything of note except, and I'm sure I heard it right, that they still feel they need to fully assess Foles and what he can bring to the team ?

Right but you do understand that that's simply GM and Coach talk right? The guy is on the roster and under contract so you can't just come out and say he sucks and we're gonna cut him or whatever.

I don't understand how people still don't understand that.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
This painfully is a concise summary. Teddy and George were smug, vague and clearly have no actual plans to measure success by something objectively and seem to have been sold by Pace/Nagy that the culture, leadership and character of the team is in place and that's really the more important thing over wins or results on the field. Nagy/Pace have no real plans to change anything but take a swing at another QB (hopefully they don't pay a king's ransom for it and finally get one right after Glennon, Mitch, Foles). I dare say this might be a new low for excitement and optimism going into a new season of football for the Bears faithful. There is such a detached sense of reality between what fans are seeing and what the front office and coaches are seeing that it is unbelievable. The only other time it kind of felt like this was after the 5-1 start and fans and reporters kept pointing out that the team wasn't playing that well and really was full of concerns while the management kept saying, look at the record. It feels like that now only I think instead of getting the 6 game losing streak as their dose of reality we are going to get an abysmal 2021-2022 season as their reality check and the organization will just be one more year in shambles.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That was embarrassing. Insulting to everyone's intelligence.

It's not hard to insult the intelligence of most on CCS though.
tenor.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@dabears70 is just at the point of no return. You swore by something so hard that you're incapable of admitting to being dead wrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They literally said nothing. Nothing.

It actually made it sound like none of them think anything is actually wrong. They wouldn't answer simple questions about their contracts, their plan forward, or even who called plays. There was zero sense of accountability or the sense they needed to address it.

Top to bottom, this is the most deflating press conference I've ever heard from a spots team.

Sooooooo nobody said we need more from the QB position and nobody said we need to get the o-line better?

Hmmmmmmmm could of sworn they did and those were the two main things we talked about on here for the last 6 months.