Press Conference at 10

msadows

Liked Posts:
A Watson trade will require more assets then any other trade in NFL history. It's fun to think about but not realistic for Chicago.

Meh, doubtful.

That NTC really fucked the texans over. It's the only real leverage watson has. They can't just go to any team and get the best deal available.

Watson can veto whatever deal he wants.

It will still cost a ton, my guess is 2 firsts, 1 second, maybe a player too.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Who let Bernstein into the building and what question did he ask?

msadows

Liked Posts:
His opinions on sports are solid. He is just a jackass to callers.

I'd rather listen to jurko.

He's funny AF and actually has football knowledge from playing in the league. Probably my favorite chicago radio guy.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Why do people keep saying this. They have draft picks. Player for player “asset” trades rarely happen in the NfL.
Because the bears have no premium picks to offer. That's why. The 20th pick is not very enticing and FUTURE first round picks are actually held to a lower value because of the uncertainty.

If they had multiple premium picks in the same draft it would be a different story.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Meh, doubtful.

That NTC really fucked the texans over. It's the only real leverage watson has. They can't just go to any team and get the best deal available.

Watson can veto whatever deal he wants.

It will still cost a ton, my guess is 2 firsts, 1 second, maybe a player too.
You can doubt it all you want but the Texans will want the moon. Look at what non franchise QBs like Mack require to land in a trade. Watsons value is massive.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I'd rather listen to jurko.

He's funny AF and actually has football knowledge from playing in the league. Probably my favorite chicago radio guy.

I agree 100%

On a side note, Pace sounds like a fucktard. The sound of his voice alone gives me no confidence.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
You can doubt it all you want but the Texans will want the moon. Look at what non franchise QBs like Mack require to land in a trade. Watsons value is massive.

The difference is that mack didn't have a no trade clause.

Watson can tell the texans what team he wants to go to, and veto the deal if its too rich....

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The difference is that mack didn't have a no trade clause.

Watson can tell the texans what team he wants to go to, and veto the deal if its too rich....
Wat. Watson has no leverage in terms of compensation the Texans will receive.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree 100%

On a side note, Pace sounds like a fucktard. The sound of his voice alone gives me no confidence.

I thought Pace did a fine job. I actually thought once we got past George and Teddy that both Nagy and Pace did their best to answer the questions they could honestly besides about their contracts which obviously they're working for their jobs next year.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I thought Pace did a fine job. I actually thought once we got past George and Teddy that both Nagy and Pace did their best to answer the questions they could honestly besides about their contracts which obviously they're working for their jobs next year.

Thought Pace and Nagy got far easier questions and deflected with ease the few they didn't want to answer - neither really said anything of note except, and I'm sure I heard it right, that they still feel they need to fully assess Foles and what he can bring to the team ?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Thought Pace and Nagy got far easier questions and deflected with ease the few they didn't want to answer - neither really said anything of note except, and I'm sure I heard it right, that they still feel they need to fully assess Foles and what he can bring to the team ?
Lol unfortunately foles is on the roster. They can't dog him then go back and work with him.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
They literally said nothing. Nothing.

It actually made it sound like none of them think anything is actually wrong. They wouldn't answer simple questions about their contracts, their plan forward, or even who called plays. There was zero sense of accountability or the sense they needed to address it.

Top to bottom, this is the most deflating press conference I've ever heard from a spots team.