Pretty safe to say....

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Actually, its hilarious how people buy into "passion". That passion didn't work last year when Noah sat next to Boozer during the 4th quarter of the ECF. Doubt that happens with Roy on the roster.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joakim has to develop his offensive game a little more.

A little more post up moves, which need better footwork and he is all right for us.

He is one of the best passing bigmen can shoot his freethrows at a high percentage. Plus he is fast on D!

He really is the motor of the Bulls. I often saw that if he doesn´t play with more energy, the rest of the team also stunk.

I admit that Hibbert has more talent, but he is not better yet imo.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he ever end up doing so?

He's insecure. If someone disagrees with his "facts" he has to insult others to make himself feel good about himself.

Not really. I just find it funny posters here either A. Make up complete bullshit or B. Are unable to use/understand facts in any way shape or form.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he ever end up doing so?

Not really. I just find it funny posters here either A. Make up complete bullshit or B. Are unable to use/understand facts in any way shape or form.

You forgot C. Cant read.

Venom

Liked Posts:
I'd take Hibbert over Noah.. Gimme gimme

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hibbert would not fit on this bulls team NEARLY as well as Noah does. Hell, Noah's the only guy outside of Rose that can pass...and we ran the fast break more this year - something that doesn't happen if Hibbert's on the floor. On top of that, Noah plays more minutes than Hibbert (though that discrepency wasn't as large this last season), and that mean more Asik? ugh.

Over the course of their careers...Noah has a higher FG% (51% to 48%) Noah grabs more O-boards (3.2 to 2.3) and overall rebounds (8.6 to 6.4) More assists, more steals, and is comparable in both PPG and Blocked Shots...and avgs fewer turnovers per game.

Just b/c Roy Hibbert has a cpl good games against the mighty tandem of Joel Anthony and Dexter Pittman doesn't mean he's good...and it most certainly doesn't mean he'd make the Bulls a better team.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ive been one or Hibberts biggest haters since his college days. Flopped way too much for my taste but he plays a lot tougher these days. If he can help the Pacers eliminate the Heat(and based off the games where he's in foul trouble, he is indeed the key to this series) then you can officially call me a Hibbert fan. Also his name reminds me of sorbert and i like sorbert.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Hibbert would not fit on this bulls team NEARLY as well as Noah does. Hell, Noah's the only guy outside of Rose that can pass...and we ran the fast break more this year - something that doesn't happen if Hibbert's on the floor. On top of that, Noah plays more minutes than Hibbert (though that discrepency wasn't as large this last season), and that mean more Asik? ugh.

Over the course of their careers...Noah has a higher FG% (51% to 48%) Noah grabs more O-boards (3.2 to 2.3) and overall rebounds (8.6 to 6.4) More assists, more steals, and is comparable in both PPG and Blocked Shots...and avgs fewer turnovers per game.

Just b/c Roy Hibbert has a cpl good games against the mighty tandem of Joel Anthony and Dexter Pittman doesn't mean he's good...and it most certainly doesn't mean he'd make the Bulls a better team.

If I remember right...Noah spent 4th quarters on the bench during the ECF against the Heat...because he wasn't rebounding and he wasn't scoring. Hibbert can score in the post. Something nobody else on this team is doing. He has also shown a propensity to defend the paint and block shots. Noah seemed to have regressed offensively. Hibbert steadily improves.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Hibbert is talented & offensively his post game is excellent. In fact, I would say he has a better post game than Howard at this point. But it's tough comparing him & Noah. Hibbert is a traditional, back-to-the-basket Center. Noah is a hybrid center (more of a PF playing the Center position). That's not to say Noah doesn't have post moves, because he does but his lower body strength is nowhere near strong enough to compete against bigger players in the post & his touch isn't nearly as soft as Hibberts.

But what Noah excels at, & something Hibbert never will, is his versatility. He can guard every position on the court (1-5). I don't think you can say that about any other center in this league. He also is an icredible passer, as many have stated already, with the ability to put the ball on the floor and lead the break. This to me is what puts him ahead of Hibbert right now. But as I said, they are two completely different types of Centers.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I remember right...Noah spent 4th quarters on the bench during the ECF against the Heat...because he wasn't rebounding and he wasn't scoring. Hibbert can score in the post. Something nobody else on this team is doing. He has also shown a propensity to defend the paint and block shots. Noah seemed to have regressed offensively. Hibbert steadily improves.

Ok.

So, do you think the current Bulls team is worse than it would be if Hibbert took Noah's place?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok.

So, do you think the current Bulls team is worse than it would be if Hibbert took Noah's place?

If Hibbert took Noah's place this team would be in the ECF's.

:smug:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Ok.

Put Hibbert in Noah's place and the Bulls are more prepared to be a championship team. I am not impressed with chest-thumping and gun-totin'. Yeah, its cute, but it won't win you titles.

A guy developing a post game, shooting hook shots with either hand...physically imposing on the block...that is more of a championship piece.

True NBA centers are hard to come by. When you have one, you latch on.

It is also safe to say that Hibbert would be on the floor in big games down the stretch.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Hibbert took Noah's place this team would be in the ECF's.

:smug:

This team is already an ECF team...and I'll say when healthy because I know you'll say stuff about how we got eliminated in the first round.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is already an ECF team...and I'll say when healthy because I know you'll say stuff about how we got eliminated in the first round.

Actually THIS team was a 1st round loser.

:smug2:

Last year's team was a ECF team.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Put Hibbert in Noah's place and the Bulls are more prepared to be a championship team. I am not impressed with chest-thumping and gun-totin'. Yeah, its cute, but it won't win you titles.

A guy developing a post game, shooting hook shots with either hand...physically imposing on the block...that is more of a championship piece.

True NBA centers are hard to come by. When you have one, you latch on.

It is also safe to say that Hibbert would be on the floor in big games down the stretch.

While I agree that we need better post-up play, aren't you marginalizing Noah's abilities just a bit in comparison? You know he does do more than just scream & polish off his fake six shooters right? Noah's skill set is vastly different from Hibbert's. They are two entirely different centers. In our offense, Noah is often a playmaker in the high post. He runs the break at times. He's a gifted passer. And I've mentioned this dozens of times, he can defend every position on the court.

Noah played down the stretch of MANY big games in his career so far. Last season, he was injured in the ECF. It was obvious to anyone with 2 eyes. And go figure, being hobbled affected his play. But it seems like you are perpetuating this "Noah rides the pine in crunch time"-mantra more than it actually occurs. With Boozer it happens much more often because of Thibs defense to offense switches in the 4th. We all know how Thibs coaches now. If a unit gets them back in the game or gets them a decent lead, he rides them the majority of the time til the end of the game often. That's not necessarily an indication of Noah's inability to close out games.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
While I agree that we need better post-up play, aren't you marginalizing Noah's abilities just a bit in comparison? You know he does do more than just scream & polish off his fake six shooters right? Noah's skill set is vastly different from Hibbert's. They are two entirely different centers. In our offense, Noah is often a playmaker in the high post. He runs the break at times. He's a gifted passer. And I've mentioned this dozens of times, he can defend every position on the court.

Noah played down the stretch of MANY big games in his career so far. Last season, he was injured in the ECF. It was obvious to anyone with 2 eyes. And go figure, being hobbled affected his play. But it seems like you are perpetuating this "Noah rides the pine in crunch time"-mantra more than it actually occurs. With Boozer it happens much more often because of Thibs defense to offense switches in the 4th. We all know how Thibs coaches now. If a unit gets them back in the game or gets them a decent lead, he rides them the majority of the time til the end of the game often. That's not necessarily an indication of Noah's inability to close out games.

Thibs didn't sit Noah down because Noah was hurt...he sat him down because he was ineffective. It wasn't about a unit...Kurt Thomas was playing for the first time in that series while Noah was on the bench But at his best, he is a better version of Anderson Verajao. Hibbert is trying to establish himself as a major post threat at the 5 position.

If you get Pau Gasol, I have no issues with having Noah...he compliments Gasol well...same with Bynum. But on a team with no post presence offensively, I would take Hibbert easily over Noah.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Why don't we trade Gasol and Bynum for everyone but Rose? Being swept by the elite teams in the next playoffs would be nice. We can also trade Noah with Hibbert. A player who can't be constantly dominant against Tyriaf or Anthony and of course he is the worst player in the court when he plays against Howard,Bynum or even Noah. That's what we need right now. A second Boozer in our team.

Seriously now. We must trade Boozer for Smith and try to find a younger SG. Noah is just fine. We don't need something more from our C. I don't know how or why he started a conversation about Noah. I am not the biggest fan of Noah. I would trade this guy in a heartbeat. BUT for a superstar. Nothing less. Hibbert is much less. He is not even so young. If he was 21 years old in that level I would be like "YES DO IT THE GUY IS A BEAST" but he is not. He is 25. You can't wait from him to suddenly become a beast now. If you want to trade Noah do it either for a superstar or Greg Monroe or DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis. (future superstars).

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why don't we trade Gasol and Bynum for everyone but Rose? Being swept by the elite teams in the next playoffs would be nice. We can also trade Noah with Hibbert. A player who can't be constantly dominant against Tyriaf or Anthony and of course he is the worst player in the court when he plays against Howard,Bynum or even Noah. That's what we need right now. A second Boozer in our team.
JimSigh.gif

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Seriously now. We must trade Boozer for Smith and try to find a younger SG. Noah is just fine. We don't need something more from our C. I don't know how or why he started a conversation about Noah. I am not the biggest fan of Noah. I would trade this guy in a heartbeat. BUT for a superstar. Nothing less. Hibbert is much less. He is not even so young. If he was 21 years old in that level I would be like "YES DO IT THE GUY IS A BEAST" but he is not. He is 25. You can't wait from him to suddenly become a beast now. If you want to trade Noah do it either for a superstar or Greg Monroe or DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis. (future superstars).

Wow...just...why would...wow...

e27157adaaa8.gif

Last edited: