Pretty safe to say....

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Thibs didn't sit Noah down because Noah was hurt...he sat him down because he was ineffective. It wasn't about a unit...Kurt Thomas was playing for the first time in that series while Noah was on the bench But at his best, he is a better version of Anderson Verajao. Hibbert is trying to establish himself as a major post threat at the 5 position.

If you get Pau Gasol, I have no issues with having Noah...he compliments Gasol well...same with Bynum. But on a team with no post presence offensively, I would take Hibbert easily over Noah.

His injury helped make him ineffective, but I digress. And It's time to give the "better version of Varaejao" stuff a rest. It's a lazy, ridiculous comparison, usually based solely on appearance (Floppy hair, tall & skinny). Their games aren't even remotely similar, other than they are high energy. Varaejao is nowhere near the rebounder or defender that Noah is. Or even offensive player, as funny as that will sound.

I agree if you have Noah you need a low post presence beside him, which is why I'm not huge on all these pleas for Josh Smith. I'm split on whether I would take Hibbert over Noah. I love Hibbert's low post game (one of the best in NBA imho) but Noah's versatility is a big asset as well. I will say this about Hibbert though. He has the best big man mentor of any current player in the NBA in Tim Duncan, so it's not a huge surprise, to me atleast, that his game has really started to take off this season.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Seriously now. We must trade Boozer for Smith

when will ppl understand boozer is unmovable? of course we'd like to get rid of boozer and get something good in return but its not gonna happen

and try to find a younger SG.

we've been lookin forever

If you want to trade Noah do it either for a superstar or Greg Monroe or DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis. (future superstars).

lmao we're not gettin any of those for noah

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
His injury helped make him ineffective, but I digress. And It's time to give the "better version of Varaejao" stuff a rest. It's a lazy, ridiculous comparison, usually based solely on appearance (Floppy hair, tall & skinny). Their games aren't even remotely similar, other than they are high energy. Varaejao is nowhere near the rebounder or defender that Noah is. Or even offensive player, as funny as that will sound.

I agree if you have Noah you need a low post presence beside him, which is why I'm not huge on all these pleas for Josh Smith. I'm split on whether I would take Hibbert over Noah. I love Hibbert's low post game (one of the best in NBA imho) but Noah's versatility is a big asset as well. I will say this about Hibbert though. He has the best big man mentor of any current player in the NBA in Tim Duncan, so it's not a huge surprise, to me atleast, that his game has really started to take off this season.

Noah isn't the allstar you want to make him out to be. And his injuries didn't cause him to sit on the bench in the fourth quarter of some games this year...it was the Bulls having a better option at the time...Asik. But...yeah, I looked at their hairdos and decided they were similar. OK!

A player's versatility doesn't matter when he is sitting on his ass at the end of a game...for 81 year old Kurt Thomas.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hibbert would not fit on this bulls team NEARLY as well as Noah does. Hell, Noah's the only guy outside of Rose that can pass...and we ran the fast break more this year - something that doesn't happen if Hibbert's on the floor. On top of that, Noah plays more minutes than Hibbert (though that discrepency wasn't as large this last season), and that mean more Asik? ugh.

Over the course of their careers...Noah has a higher FG% (51% to 48%) Noah grabs more O-boards (3.2 to 2.3) and overall rebounds (8.6 to 6.4) More assists, more steals, and is comparable in both PPG and Blocked Shots...and avgs fewer turnovers per game.

Just b/c Roy Hibbert has a cpl good games against the mighty tandem of Joel Anthony and Dexter Pittman doesn't mean he's good...and it most certainly doesn't mean he'd make the Bulls a better team.

i agree with thinking that noah is a better fit because of his passing..but i think roy is definitely a better player

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
bump

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
figured we would discuss this again

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
no its not...cant believe ppl still saying noah is overpaid after what hes done for us this season

ol roy on the other hand is scoring 9.8 pts on atrocious 38% and only getting 8 rebounds....hibbert is basically a space taker with a max contract...i mean he cant score, he cant rebound...hes useless

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Leaked video of FT :thinking:[video=youtube;WkqgDoo_eZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqgDoo_eZE[/video]

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
no its not...cant believe ppl still saying noah is overpaid after what hes done for us this season

ol roy on the other hand is scoring 9.8 pts on atrocious 38% and only getting 8 rebounds....hibbert is basically a space taker with a max contract...i mean he cant score, he cant rebound...hes useless

Sample size...talk to me after Noah has missed 20 games or so and goes back to being what he is.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well since Hibbert plays for another team, that automatically makes him better. And since Noah plays for the Bulls, that automatically makes him overrated.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
lol at certain posters showing up, saying absolutely nothing once a week, then disappearing again. Just sad.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Ummm..... Noah was actually suspended by the team and Ben Wallace for screaming at an assistant coach. Oh yeah the habit of early in his career showing up late for meetings and practices....Hes also been arrested for marijuana possession.

You mean "trouble" on the team like that?

I think it was Rod Strickland who said Marijuana is rampant among the NBA. They all know the amount of time they have to enjoy it and if you don't smoke often it's only a matter of a day or two and a detox tea to get it out of your urine which they are very lax about to begin with. Yes I believe it was Rod Strickland a decade ago. Okay I'll see myself out now

You're a meatball spambot.

Roy Hibbert sure is good for being able to block and rebound all those shots with "no energy".

Oh yeah, pretty shitty "Joy of Roy" link too because the story is actually amazingly complimentary of the player Roy was and still is. Just saying he was going through a frustrating time at one point last year. Did you even read it..and if you did..did you even understand it?

think it was Rod Strickland who said Marijuana is rampant among the NBA. They all know the amount of time they have to enjoy it and if you don't smoke often it's only a matter of a day or two and a detox tea to get it out of your urine which they are very lax about to begin with. Yes I believe it was Rod Strickland a decade ago. Okay I'll see myself out now

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Different CBA and salary requirements. Not an apples to apples comparison really.

Plus the amnesty clause helps.

You can afford you dish out a turd contract. Sadly the Bulls have 3.

Amnesty clause used on James Posey :smug:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The Bulls should sign James Posey.....Bulls fans will love that, LoL.........

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah he can smack kirk around maybe he plays better

:derbulls: