Prospect News and Rumors

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Pace has probably got a specific number of guys who if they fall to him at #11 he just puts the name on the card and sends it in.

But if none of those guys fall...He has a group of players he thinks are the same value so he will pick up the phone and look to make a deal.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Just watched Grudens Camp with Hackenberg and that kid could be a player. Very smart, ran pro style offense, #1 recruit out of HS, good arm strength.

What he did in high school means nothing. Jimmy Clausen was a 5 star recruit. Look how his career has turned out.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
So we've moved beyond sources to "my gut."

Those juicy inside sources have all but dried up since Pace took over. I feel bad for guys like Aaron Leming; he had a great thing going for a little bit and now he's just another of guy on twitter trying to throw shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
If there's a trade down clown time it is this one unless an absolute stud like Buckner or Stanley slips.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Pace has probably got a specific number of guys who if they fall to him at #11 he just puts the name on the card and sends it in.

But if none of those guys fall...He has a group of players he thinks are the same value so he will pick up the phone and look to make a deal.

@ZachZaidman: #Bears GM Ryan Pace on the 11th pick: "We have more than 11 names right now that we're prepared to go with."

Doesn't sound like he is planning on trading down.

And yeah yeah, smoke screen and all of that.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:

I think a lot of these GMs have a good feel for what other teams are going to do based on research and need.

There are some surprises that happen but I'd imagine Pace has all these scenarios played out.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Even thought I am not high on Floyd whatsoever, I keep telling myself Trust Pace, Fox, Fangio etc..... lol.....I know when they pick at 11, I will have plenty of beer and whisky in me so that will be all thrown out the door until I wake up Friday morning and can re-evaluate the process haha

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
@ZachZaidman: #Bears GM Ryan Pace on the 11th pick: "We have more than 11 names right now that we're prepared to go with."

Doesn't sound like he is planning on trading down.

And yeah yeah, smoke screen and all of that.

If he has more than 11 names...that means he is more inclined to trade down...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#11 is valued at 1250
#20 Jets is worth 850 + Jets 2nd is 390 = 1240

Trade down and get Floyd, Lynch, Dodd, Lawson, Decker, WJ3? Sure.

AND that extra second could grab HHenry or Ogbah or Ward? Nice.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of talk that #Chargers will nab Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley w/the 3rd pick. Chargers source confirms Stanley is the pick. #NFLDraft

Sirius Radio guy Jordan Schultz

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Lots of talk that #Chargers will nab Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley w/the 3rd pick. Chargers source confirms Stanley is the pick. #NFLDraft

He really jumped over the past week. Tunsil character stuff (stepfather/Nkemdiche)?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really think Rankins is going to be the pick

-Pass Rush Skills
-Impressive athletic numbers
-Familiarity

The Bears play nickel 60% if snaps, that is roughly 45 snaps per game. For 45 snaps they have 4-3 personnel on the field. 45 snaps is more snaps than most teams will play their primary DT.

Rankins fits what this team does.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Saw that. That would be very interesting if that does happen.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
He really jumped over the past week. Tunsil character stuff (stepfather/Nkemdiche)?
Probably more like "pass blocking stuff." From the games I watched, Tunsil had his hands full with speed-despite his vaunted athleticism-and would get jittery to the point of multiple false start penalties. I remember #55 from Auburn eating his lunch all game long. Never regarded him as the best player in the draft, as many have said.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

Hopefully this is one step towards getting someone to drop and not the Top 10 names just being swapped around a bit more than we would have thought.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If pass rusher is what they want at #11 Rankins might be the best bet. Floyd just seems like a real gamble, not just production wise but the way he presents himself. Lawson is a gamer but I don't think he will be special in terms of getting after the QB.

Would not be surprised if a team with a 4 man front takes Rankins in the top 10 just because of the value at 3 tech and the lack of elite edge rushers in this draft. Got to think Marinelli in Dallas would love to get his hands on Rankins.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Even thought I am not high on Floyd whatsoever, I keep telling myself Trust Pace, Fox, Fangio etc..... lol.....I know when they pick at 11, I will have plenty of beer and whisky in me so that will be all thrown out the door until I wake up Friday morning and can re-evaluate the process haha
Watch this video and you'll be alright on Floyd, I promise.

https://youtu.be/PynB_2to5cU

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk