Prospects You Like at Positions of Need

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Do people really think we are drafting a TE?

Shaheen coming into the year as a #2 for sure. This is the same GM who gave mr. glass 50 tries to jumpstart his career

Have you made Mr. Adows his breakfast yet...maybe you should refine that process first before attempting to talk football.

Your logic here pigeon holes Pace as a GM who does not learn from his mistakes and will stick by a player no matter the circumstance. When his recent history says the opposite than how he treated White...he literally traded a good RB he drafted because he wasn't a fit, what makes you think he wouldn't draft another TE to push/replace Shaheen?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Fant, Hockenson, and Irv Smith will all be long gone by 87 right?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
what makes you think he wouldn't draft another TE to push/replace Shaheen?

Exactly.

It does not have to even be replace...if a mid round pick can even just push Shaheen to have the best camp of his life which translates to a better player on the field...that is a win.

If the mid round pick is the better player...that is a win.

If the mid round pick only shines on ST...that is still a win.

If the mid round pick flames out completely...it was only a mid round pick.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Exactly.

It does not have to even be replace...if a mid round pick can even just push Shaheen to have the best camp of his life which translates to a better player on the field...that is a win.

If the mid round pick is the better player...that is a win.

If the mid round pick only shines on ST...that is still a win.

If the mid round pick flames out completely...it was only a mid round pick.

But because Pace kept his first ever 1st round pick until his contract ran up, that is the reason why he will continue to have blind faith in Shaheen.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But because Pace kept his first ever 1st round pick until his contract ran up, that is the reason why he will continue to have blind faith in Shaheen.

You would assume there would be more faith in Pace after giving the boot to Mister 3.7, but I suppose it takes a special breed to make up Rory's List.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lets leave QB out.

What position is most likely to flop and hold the offense back?

It has to be RB and TE, therefor in a year when you need the offense to take a big step those positions need to be addressed.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lets leave QB out.

What position is most likely to flop and hold the offense back?

It has to be RB and TE, therefor in a year when you need the offense to take a big step those positions need to be addressed.

WR...whether Pace adds another RB in the draft or not, Davis is solid and Cohen will continue to do what he does. I don't think Burton will live up to his contract, but is a serviceable TE. WR on the other hand has the higher probability of flopping or holding the offense back.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do people really think we are drafting a TE?

Shaheen coming into the year as a #2 for sure. This is the same GM who gave mr. glass 50 tries to jumpstart his career
#wrongobongo

Shaheen is a DUDLEY DONOTHING

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WR...whether Pace adds another RB in the draft or not, Davis is solid and Cohen will continue to do what he does. I don't think Burton will live up to his contract, but is a serviceable TE. WR on the other hand has the higher probability of flopping or holding the offense back.

The Bears have 3 really good starters, a young player in Wims the flashed in limited playing time, and Patterson who is unorthodox but produces.

I think most teams would kill for the Bears depth at WR.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t think they would skip on drafting someone cause of a prior draft pick. We are set up at this time to take bpa. I didn’t really think of te but if they identify the next kelce in round three take that mother fucker.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears have 3 really good starters, a young player in Wims the flashed in limited playing time, and Patterson who is unorthodox but produces.

I think most teams would kill for the Bears depth at WR.

Patterson is a garbage WR, he has surpassed 400 yards twice. Patterson is a ST and gadget play player. He is not a WR you want to depend on. Gabriel is decent. Ant-Mil is young and still tough to judge him because of his injury last year. Robinson is the only worth a damn and even he was underwhelming last year.

But your question was which position outside of QB is most likely to flop and hold the offense back...How can you look at that WR group and say with utter confidence that they aren't likely to flop and if they do that they wouldn't hold this offense back?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Patterson is a garbage WR, he has surpassed 400 yards twice. Patterson is a ST and gadget play player. He is not a WR you want to depend on. Gabriel is decent. Ant-Mil is young and still tough to judge him because of his injury last year. Robinson is the only worth a damn and even he was underwhelming last year.

But your question was which position outside of QB is most likely to flop and hold the offense back...How can you look at that WR group and say with utter confidence that they aren't likely to flop and if they do that they wouldn't hold this offense back?

They didn't flop last season so why would we expect them to get worse?

Robinson 2nd year removed from an ACL
Gabriel was really productive
Miller, 2nd year in the system and got his shoulder fixed

That is a really strong group of WRs when you add in improved play at QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That is a really strong group of WRs when you add in improved play at QB. Wims will improve as he gains experience, Patterson as your #5 is a really nice depth piece.

I would keep all 3 of he Bears top WRs over any TE on the team.

That is a really strong group of WRs when you add in improved play at QB. Wims will improve as he gains experience, Patterson as your #5 is a really nice depth piece.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

That is a really strong group of WRs when you add in improved play at QB.

ZERO WR with 1000 yards.....Robinson was the Bears leading WR and he ranked 38th in yards in the NFL. How is that not flopping for a group as a whole? That WR group is average, sure they can improve, but if I had to guess which position group would likely flop and hold back the offense...my money is on WR. The TE group won't hold the offense back if they are mediocre or flop. The RB group isn't likely to flop because Cohen is an asset as a runner and receiver and Davis is good enough to be effective. With this being a passing league, yes the WR group has the greatest chance of flopping and holding the offense back.

It is good to see you back off the Patterson produces line to now saying he is a nice depth piece. Depth piece or not, he is just a returner not a WR...as a WR he is garbage

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It is good to see you back off the Patterson produces line to now saying he is a nice depth piece. Depth piece or not, he is just a returner not a WR...as a WR he is garbage

Patterson is indeed utter RUBBISH at WR BUT, he might be able to do some RBing which would at least make the sting of losing Howard hurt less. The fact of the matter is that Patterson is very, very dumb. He is not smart enough to play WR. He has pretty **** hands, and **** for brains. Nice guy, but incredibly ****ing low IQ. He's like a nice version of @dabears70, if he were a pro football player for the Chicago Bears.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like what I see out of that boy

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
3-RB T. Williams
4-TE Zach Gentry
5- CB Jimmy Moreland

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Personally I like that Love kid. And his name. Good as Gould It's Miller Time & Lovin It All sound great to me

.... along with the Mack attack

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
ZERO WR with 1000 yards.....Robinson was the Bears leading WR and he ranked 38th in yards in the NFL. How is that not flopping for a group as a whole? That WR group is average, sure they can improve, but if I had to guess which position group would likely flop and hold back the offense...my money is on WR. The TE group won't hold the offense back if they are mediocre or flop. The RB group isn't likely to flop because Cohen is an asset as a runner and receiver and Davis is good enough to be effective. With this being a passing league, yes the WR group has the greatest chance of flopping and holding the offense back.

I am with you in that I'm skeptical at how our any WR will individually improve in year 2, but I'm optimistic with them as a group because any one of them can have a big game. I do want to say that I disagree with your metric RE any one receiver being over 1000 yards.

A lot of WRs are going to pitch in at different times, and Miller and Gabriel have the speed to explode into huge plays (and I am compelled to consider Cohen's receiving as part of the receiver group, but that's not pivotal here). But on the season, a small step forward can take Trubisky from 3000 passing yards to 4000. One more yard per catch for one receiver, one more catch per game for another, just small improvements all around.

To point back to the topic; Bringing in a good RB would do more for our continued success than WR.