Prospects You Like at Positions of Need

PickSix

Liked Posts:
3rd rd:
- Savage for sure as a nickel if still there.
- Then RB Sanders
- Followed by Hooker as another nickel

4th rd:
- G’s Michael Jordan or Micheal Deiter
- RB’s Rodney Alexander or Justice Hill
- TE Warring

Late round fliers:
- TJ Edwards, Isaac Nauta, Hunter Refrow and whatever K Pace likes.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Don't take my criticism of the WR group as not feeling they can improve. There is talent there in Robinson and Miller. But the question Windy asked was which position group is most likely to flop and hold the offense back. Nagy's offense is pass focused, which is why he needs pass catching RB's. Cohen fits that mold and Davis is not a liability in that department when on the field, so I don't think it is likely they flop. The TE group IMO flopped last year and they did not hold back the offense. I can see that group improving this year, but if they don't and they flop...that won't hold the offense back again. The WR group fell short of expectations, Robinson was the big name FA (before Mack), Miller was hyped all training camp, Gabriel is nothing more than a complimentary player. Again I am hoping they improve, but if they flop...that will have an impact on the offense. Which is the point that keeps getting missed, this isn't hate on the WR group...this is just the reality of the offense.

It's funny you say that, but have more confidence in Wims and Miller. What have they done more than Davis?

AR was averaging 58 yards a game, at that rate he still wouldn't have gone over 1000 yards. I hope he does pass those numbers this season and I expect he does. But he was underwhelming this past season.

Wims is promising? 4 receptions on 5 targets for 32 yards....that was his total stats for the season including playoffs. How the hell can anyone make a determination from 1 game with 4 catches?

Miller is the one you should have said was promising, he was battling injury most of the season but flashed signs on the field that when healthy he could be pretty good. But still an injury riddled rookie year does not create a lot of confidence to say this group wouldn't flop.

As I told @gallagher Gabriel is a compliment guy...not a player you want as your top WR, but does well with a good WR opposite him. Solid

Hall is nothing more than depth and ST

Patterson is a garbage WR, is solid returner, and will be used for the gadget plays.

Again none of this is saying that WR group is the worst in the NFL, none of this is saying there isn't promising players, none of this is saying they won't improve. @WindyCity asked which position group is most likely to flop and hold back the offense, it's hard for me to say any other group other than WR.

Now onto RB's

I said Davis was solid, no where did i say he was anything more than that much less Special. I want to see the Bears upgrade the RB position, Davis is not the long term solution. But in a RBBC he is solid and is a better pass catcher than Howard was so he doesn't take away from the offense when he is on the field. If the Bears don't bring in a better RB this offseason, he will do fine. I don't think we will see any difference between Cohen from last year with Howard to Cohen this coming year with Davis...he'll be in the 1200 scrimmage yards range.
My main beef is with the fact how this whole RB situation is panning out, I've watched Davis play for Seattle..nothing special at all bro.
Seattle, imo, is a smart team, there were times they didn't use Davis and they didn't commit the RB duties to Davis says a lot. You're correct that Davis isn't a long term solution and that right there is bit of a problem because trading Howard does in facts bother the draft plan as far as we like to believe we're going BPA's but instead we're drafting a position of need at RB.

And btw, FUCK YEAH! I do have confidence in Wims and especially Miller. You should be happy about that. Did you not watch Miller play? WIMS was in the last game and looked great, crisp routes, GETS OPEN, BIG HANDS with nice catches. not only that but yet you probably forgot how good Wims looked in preseason too. I suggest getting a DVR if you don't have one.
ETA: ALSO Wims and Miller Both can block on the run something many WRs never gets credit for.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
My main beef is with the fact how this whole RB situation is panning out, I've watched Davis play for Seattle..nothing special at all bro.
Seattle, imo, is a smart team, there were times they didn't use Davis and they didn't commit the RB duties to Davis says a lot. You're correct that Davis isn't a long term solution and that right there is bit of a problem because trading Howard does in facts bother the draft plan as far as we like to believe we're going BPA's but instead we're drafting a position of need at RB.

And btw, FUCK YEAH! I do have confidence in Wims and especially Miller. You should be happy about that. Did you not watch Miller play? WIMS was in the last game and looked great, crisp routes, GETS OPEN, BIG HANDS with nice catches. not only that but yet you probably forgot how good Wims looked in preseason too. I suggest getting a DVR if you don't have one.
ETA: ALSO Wims and Miller Both can block on the run something many WRs never gets credit for.

Of all the offensive positions RB is the easiest one to replace...it can be done in both the draft or through FA. I love a good RB and a strong running game, but teams can get away with bypassing the RB position. So I don't think RB is a must draft in the 3rd round. Davis last year in Seattle was behind Carson who turned out to be the top RB there and Penny who was drafted last year in the 1st round. So even though he wasn't anything special, he still was solid and filled in well. Davis does not hurt that position group whether or not Pace brings in another RB.

Have all the confidence you want in Wims and Miller. I did watch Miller play, which is why I said he is promising. He showed flashes and when healthy he will be a good WR. But he was still a rookie and how many times have we seen WR look promising in their rookie year to just fizzle out...so go ahead and have confidence in him, I'll be cautiously optimistic. Wims on the other hand I do not see he as anything more than a depth chart WR. He will get a target share somewhere between what Bellamy got (25) to at most what Miller got (54). Which isn't bad for a WR like Wims. But he isn't a WR teams are worried about, he isn't a WR that pushes that group to elite status...he will be 6th or 7th in the pecking order of receiving options for the Bears. Which brings us back to the original question that brought this on...you can talk up Miller and Wims, or even Robinson and Gabriel but no matter how you cut it, if the WR position flops the offense will likely struggle.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Davis as anything other than security and depth. I mean, I guess he could start, but he's not a RB1 IMO. I think they will draft a RB in the 4th, if they do at all. I see a nasty RBBC coming, with Cohen the main man, but not on 1st downs, and short yardage.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt Nagy allows that to happen again. We already saw Nagy jettison a successful Pace pick that was limiting his offense.

This is an unsuccessful pick that is limiting his offense.

Good point. I would think Nagy has got Pace's ear. If he doesn't like Shaheen, we might go that route in the draft. Pace isn't drafting for John Fox anymore.

Remember, for what it's worth, Pace said BPA in the draft. If a top five TE is around in the third...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Last edited:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Benny Snell Jr and the TE Warring I would love to see wearing a Bears jersey.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

To add to your belief in Miller, the other poster considers Miller's 58 yard average per game as disappointing because he would not have even gotten to 1000 yards (it would have been 928 yards for a 16 game season). I guess that he does not know that out of the top 10 all time rookie seasons as a receiver, there were only 7 rookie WRs who had over 1000 yards.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...receiver-rookie-seasons-in-nfl-history#slide4

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
OG - Lindstrom, Powers, Davis and Samia

WR - McLaurin, Butler, Hardman, Hall, Boykin and Isabella

RB - Henderson, Sanders, Hill, Williams (A&M), Barnes, Williams (WSU) and Armstead

CB - Ya-Sin, Williams, both Johnsons and Marshall

S - Abram, Thornhill and Hooker

Edge - Winovich, Granderson and Miller

TE - Sternberger, Wilson, Knox, Oliver and Warring

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We need to groom a Qb as a possible future starter or future trade prosprct for picks. Daniel & Bray are not that talented.

Tyree Jackson*, QB, Buffalo
Height: 6-7. Weight: 249. Arm: 35.00. Hand: 10.00.
40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.

---------

Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 202. Arm: 31.13. Hand: 9.13.
40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
We need to groom a Qb as a possible future starter or future trade prosprct for picks. Daniel & Bray are not that talented.

---------

You think Daniel and Bray are untalented, wait until you see McSorley!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Clearly I have Jackson rated above McSorley. Talent and potential-wise, I'd want to
see us bring in a guy like Jackson to groom behind Daniel. Yes, he has more talent than either Daniel.or Bray. No here's not a NFL starter now....but could be with a yr. or 2 of
grooming.

But as a late round pick (Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.)... I like McSorley's mobility and improvisational skills. I'm not saying dump our back-ups, I'm saying let's groom a guy behind them. Here's some McSorley highlights

---------

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
To add to your belief in Miller, the other poster considers Miller's 58 yard average per game as disappointing because he would not have even gotten to 1000 yards (it would have been 928 yards for a 16 game season). I guess that he does not know that out of the top 10 all time rookie seasons as a receiver, there were only 7 rookie WRs who had over 1000 yards.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...receiver-rookie-seasons-in-nfl-history#slide4

You mean Robinson

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I guess that he does not know that out of the top 10 all time rookie seasons as a receiver, there were only 7 rookie WRs who had over 1000 yards.

What on earth is this? Why are you citing a Bleacher Report article from 2011? Harlon Hill's rookie season for the Bears had a slash line of 45-1124-25.0-12....but since the 'immortal' Matt Stein of Bleacher Report didn't include it on his list, it didn't happen?

AntMill averaged 28.2 yards per game, and didn't play the entire 16-game slate, so even more WTF.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm with most in saying getting that 3-down RB is one of our biggest needs right next to Edge, TE, CB and S.

Here's a article on some of the RB's in the draft and which ones might fit and which might not fit as 3-down RB's for us. They have M.Sanders as a red flag for pass catching.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What on earth is this? Why are you citing a Bleacher Report article from 2011? Harlon Hill's rookie season for the Bears had a slash line of 45-1124-25.0-12....but since the 'immortal' Matt Stein of Bleacher Report didn't include it on his list, it didn't happen?

AntMill averaged 28.2 yards per game, and didn't play the entire 16-game slate, so even more WTF.
sorry, someone kept saying 58 yards per game so I took that as if were true.

As for using the Bleacher report, I did not do too much research into it. His conclusions for the top 10 were matched by another site with a top 5 list (and the 6th was mentioned).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like to add a developmental QB, but we are so light on resources it would take away from someone who might actually matter in 2019.