PSA: The ignore function

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It seems like this fanbase full of astronauts is still really struggling to understand how to use this.

When you put someone on your ignore list, you're not supposed to read every single one of their posts and regularly respond to their posts. When you see "show ignored content" and click on it, you're no longer ignoring someone. If this needs to be drawn in finger paint, let me know and I'll have my niece draw something up for you. Thank you.

CC: @Visionman @Mighty Joe Young

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely agree. CCS posters for the most part don't get how the ignore feature is supposed to work.

For example, I routinely get posters who request that I put them on ignore - that's not how it works. And for some bizarre reason using the ignore feature is a hit to their ego.

Trust me, this place is much more tolerable when you load up the ignore list. I have several Becky's on ignore for the whole season and I'm greatly looking forward to it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I completely agree. CCS posters for the most part don't get how the ignore feature is supposed to work.

For example, I routinely get posters who request that I put them on ignore - that's not how it works. And for some bizarre reason using the ignore feature is a hit to their ego.

Trust me, this place is much more tolerable when you load up the ignore list. I have several Becky's on ignore for the whole season and I'm greatly looking forward to it.

You go girl!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk but I hope it doesn’t get the thread locked. Allot of soppy pussies on here need this psa

I would rather pin it to the top of the forum because the OP is spot on.

I personally don't believe in having an ignore list, but would rather recommend it's use over getting mixed up in every petty squabble you fine message board posters find yourselves in.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I have a whole bunch of people on ignore, but none of them know because the whole point of the ignore feature is that those people are so annoying that I don't want to see their stupid posts and I don't care about their dumb opinions.

Putting someone on ignore, and then actively seeking them out to have a conversation about why you put them on ignore defeats the entire purpose of the ignore feature. It's pure stupidity.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have a whole bunch of people on ignore, but none of them know because the whole point of the ignore feature is that those people are so annoying that I don't want to see their stupid posts and I don't care about their dumb opinions.

Putting someone on ignore, and then actively seeking them out to have a conversation about why you put them on ignore defeats the entire purpose of the ignore feature. It's pure stupidity.
Get em @Bort

mecha

Liked Posts:
of all fucking threads on this site that should be read, this one is still on page 1

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most people with large ignore lists that are very active, cheat them anyway. Ignore lists are more like fake ignore lists to them since they'll ignore their own ignore list and look for crap if they smell something stinky. If you really want to ignore someone, just look the other way and move on like Bort.

I mean, how would we even know any poster had anyone on ignore unless they advertised it, LOL? That's when it becomes tease worthy.

If you do it, which is absolutely cool, don't mention it and don't peek. You'll have a much happier experience.:)

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Even worse when they're humor impaired. Some posters here think they're witty and everyone flinches as they read it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't imagine being such a cuck, you have to put someone on ignore on a internet message board. If typed works on the internet offend you that much, you have bigger problems
It's not that for me. Sometimes I read some shit that someone says, and it's so absolutely dog shit stupid, that I'm afraid that reading it is going to make me dumber. And I'm not a super smart dude. I can't read too many dumb posts before I start thinking that Bill Gates is trying to microchip me. Just sayin'.

Also, I can only see Hawkeye's and Anytime's posts in this thread.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not that for me. Sometimes I read some shit that someone says, and it's so absolutely dog shit stupid, that I'm afraid that reading it is going to make me dumber. And I'm not a super smart dude. I can't read too many dumb posts before I start thinking that Bill Gates is trying to microchip me. Just sayin'.

Also, I can only see Hawkeye's and Anytime's posts in this thread.
Who?