Puig and Soler!

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it was higher because they acted like a big boy club serious about trying to win and submitted a bid they KNEW would win.

The Cubs acted like a bunch of pansies and submitted a bid they HOPED would win but could at least BS the fans with regarding how 'hard' they tried because they know there are enough dumb Cub fans who will buy that.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/international-affairs/2012/2613621.html
it was a puzzling deal would ya look at that. But I'm sure you're just gonna wine and cry that it's well worth it now that he made the majors, that's not even what this is about, it's about back when he was signed, the Cubs could have had him, but weren't gonna over pay for a "player who scouts considered more of a solid than a spectacular prospect. Puig hasn't played in a year, and aside from a light series of workouts last weekend that were more notable for a circus atmosphere than anything else, he hasn't been seen (legally) by American scouts since June 2011."

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/international-affairs/2012/2613621.html
it was a puzzling deal would ya look at that. But I'm sure you're just gonna wine and cry that it's well worth it now that he made the majors, that's not even what this is about, it's about back when he was signed, the Cubs could have had him, but weren't gonna over pay for a "player who scouts considered more of a solid than a spectacular prospect. Puig hasn't played in a year, and aside from a light series of workouts last weekend that were more notable for a circus atmosphere than anything else, he hasn't been seen (legally) by American scouts since June 2011."

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Apologies, apologies, apologies.

That is all you provide.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Apologies, apologies, apologies.

That is all you provide.

And this is your response to Baseball America telling you why we didn't give him that much? Yeah I provide basically nothing next to you :obama:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
And this is your response to Baseball America telling you why we didn't give him that much? Yeah I provide basically nothing next to you :obama:

My response is that the Dodgers clearly were smarter than Baseball America.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
My response is that the Dodgers clearly were smarter than Baseball America.

I'm sure you were sitting there saying we should have given him 50 million back then weren't ya? Your perception of everything changes when they make the major leagues. You have a one track mind.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep.

One track mind on a winning major league team.

You keep wishing for having the most top 100 prospects.

? you don't even know my point of view on that subject, you think you do. I said the team needed to rebuild, "starts, with the farm" not ends with the farm. Herp da derp. I'm the one that said the Cubs should be in the next stage of rebuilding and starting to spend on the major league squad this offseason. But continue to wine and cry. Excuses excuses excuses.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
? you don't even know my point of view on that subject, you think you do. I said the team needed to rebuild, "starts, with the farm" not ends with the farm. Herp da derp. I'm the one that said the Cubs should be in the next stage of rebuilding and starting to spend on the major league squad this offseason. But continue to wine and cry. Excuses excuses excuses.

:crying:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I knew this thread was going to be made within a few days. Anyways, we went after him, but the Dodgers bid was higher, I believe it was a blind bid, so you have no idea what the other team offered.

It wasn't blind bidding, it wasn't a posting system. And after Puig signed it was reported that his record deal with the Dodgers wasn't even the highest bid, and we were supposed to have pursued him hard, it may very well have been us. Maybe he had a preference for the city of Los Angeles, who knows.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They low balled both Cespedes and Pulg. Soler took the least because he was the youngest and furthest away. This is just a common theme going on with the Ricketts. Frugal.

We bid the same amount as Oakland, just that we wanted two more years of control, so it was less per year then, but we were still the #2 bidder.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wasn't blind bidding, it wasn't a posting system. And after Puig signed it was reported that his record deal with the Dodgers wasn't even the highest bid, and we were supposed to have pursued him hard, it may very well have been us. Maybe he had a preference for the city of Los Angeles, who knows.

Hmmmm wasn't even aware, sure KB will have a field day with this one... maybe if the Cubs were serious about winning he would have come here instead but clearly he saw how bad we were and decided to take less money, but wait that makes no sense either, because money talks why do you think we didn't sign Anibel Sanchez? We didn't make a serious offer and got played. He would of gladly taken more money to play for us... but wait.... shame.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Magic Johnson probably persuaded him with a plethora of white blonde girls with double D's! If Magic can bang 6 at a time then why not Puig!

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cant see how something is insulting when hes stating the obvious...

Coming from the dumbass who thinks I came from CBS? Wasn't aware I was even talking to or about you but sure come in and back him up. Act like his bitch.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Coming from the dumbass who thinks I came from CBS? Wasn't aware I was even talking to or about you but sure come in and back him up. Act like his bitch.

Dont know who you are, dont care. Chibears55 is the only one I thought did as he joined when all the cbs guys did and reasons like an old poster or two.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to baseball. Thats a fact.

Now tantrum away, I'm sure one of the mods will come in and tell big, bad, KB to stop hurting your widdle feewings.....

Maybe you like all the degradation, maybe you like the attention.......who knows. Everybody's got a fancy.

Cue bitching..........now

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont know who you are, dont care. Chibears55 is the only one I thought did as he joined when all the cbs guys did and reasons like an old poster or two.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to baseball. Thats a fact.

Now tantrum away, I'm sure one of the mods will come in and tell big, bad, KB to stop hurting your widdle feewings.....

Maybe you like all the degradation, maybe you like the attention.......who knows. Everybody's got a fancy.

Cue bitching..........now

:popcorn: :umud:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Dude, anyone who is a college kid and spends as much time as he does whining on an internet message board clearly is a loser.

I am a middle aged man with a job and a family. I have no life now, but already lived a life when I was young and didn't waste it away crying on the internet.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, anyone who is a college kid and spends as much time as he does whining on an internet message board clearly is a loser.

I am a middle aged man with a job and a family. I have no life now, but already lived a life when I was young and didn't waste it away crying on the internet.

:andruw: :bro: