QB Bridgewater's stock may have slipped.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 2m
According to Mayock, Bridgewater's pro day was average at best. As I keep saying..... Over rated!

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 30m
#Bucs represented by offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford at Teddy Bridgewater's Pro Day. By most accounts, not a stellar workout.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37m
Mike Mayock on Teddy Bridgewater's Pro Day: "To be honest, I expected a little more. Very average at best." Now on @nflnetwork.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 45m
Usually during Pro Days, you hear "the ball didn't hit the ground." Won't hear that with Teddy Bridgewater's Pro Day at U of L. Good arm tho

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgot that Lovie actually did a smart thing and got Tedford. McCown fits a QB mold for Tedford more than Bridgewater, but I think they draft a guy in 2nd or 3rd round.

yeah....there are elements on this board that apparently stop reading mock drafts when Bridgewater doesn't go top 5. So watch out for that, but draft day is going to be really long for those people unless the Raiders or Browns or Jaguars or somebody like that that is a perpetual screw up franchise takes him early.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I know many won't agree with me, but..
Teddy Bridgewater = bust
Blake Bortles = Bust
Jonny Manziel = good pick
Derek Carr - average
Mettenburger - most NFL ready QB
Jimmy Garapollo - solid QB with the highest ceiling;

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Cam Newton had a shitty pro day, too. TB is the best QB in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Teddy Bridgewater = bust
Blake Bortles = Bust
Derek Carr - average

Just curious. Why do you think Bortles will bust?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mayock said Jamarcus Russel had the best pro day he's ever seen too, it's just a practice session.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Also, to add: Norv Turner and Gil Brandt both said Bridgewater's pro day went fine. Either way, all you need to know is in Bridgewater's film.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jamarcus Russel still has a lot of upside if he can drop about 80 pounds and get some help for his sizurp addiction.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Teddy Bridgewater = bust
Blake Bortles = Bust
Derek Carr - average

The same blake bortles that is 6'5'' 235 lbs can make all the throws, played in a pro system, is elusive and can extend plays with his legs, has a big strong body and is primarily a pocket passer...

That guy is projected bust?

Is he NFL ready? probably not... will he be around week 8... I would say so...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Might as well create news when there is no news this time of year. Suddenly everything Bridgewater has done on tape the last two seasons doesn't matter but his workout in his underwear matters. This shit is stupid.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
his schedule was not very competitive..

That has nothing to do with his accuracy, arm strength, footwork, ability to read a defense, etc. But to play along, he shredded Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Might as well create news when there is no news this time of year. Suddenly everything Bridgewater has done on tape the last two seasons doesn't matter but his workout in his underwear matters. This shit is stupid.

Yeah, he doesn't have a 'Wow' factor, so naturally he's going to get nit picked. Polished products are boring apparently.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol. Why is your hard on so big for this guy?

I also doubt his ability. Great kid. Great great kid. I hope he does it, but its just a few opinions that disagree with you B51Bomber.

I knew you would be drawn to this like a moth to light. I applaud your reserved response, sometimes you gotta just let it play out. I could see him drafted anywhere from #1 overall to early second round. somebody that kinda likes him at the top will not be able to resist if he comes back around like Geno Smith.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Just curious. Why do you think Bortles will bust?

He is getting too much hype all because he played in a pro-style system at UCF. In my opinion, his accuracy is off and his deep ball was poor. He is average, and I believe he is more a product of good coaching then being a great player. He may be a safe pick, but he has a low ceiling. Seems more like a 2nd round pick to me then a 1st. Though I am sure he will turn out better than the QB of last years draft.

All in all, it may not be fair to say he will be a bust, but I believe he will be drafted far earlier than he should, thus having higher expectations than he should be given.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he doesn't have a 'Wow' factor, so naturally he's going to get nit picked. Polished products are boring apparently.

He does everything and does all of it very well. He's simply a pure passer with little wrong in his game but given he's been the guy for well over a year he's going to be nitpick to death. At this point he's as good as he's going to get so the only thing left to do is report something when it's not perfect.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crap, It would be amazingly beneficial to our GM if EVERY stinking decent high rated QB is taken a head of us in the draft....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see at least 3 QBs gone before we pick.....4 would be ideal