QB Bridgewater's stock may have slipped.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
I love this time of year. This is the time when people everywhere make something out of nothing and start manufacturing reasons why X player isn't good anymore despite being the best player at his position all year (and still currently) Meanwhile, Y player has really showed that he's better than we all thought all season because he was really good in practice workouts wearing shorts and a tee-shirt.

People calculate too much prior to the draft. Combine and pro days shouldn't weigh in as much as they do.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love this time of year. This is the time when people everywhere make something out of nothing and start manufacturing reasons why X player isn't good anymore despite being the best player at his position all year (and still currently) Meanwhile, Y player has really showed that he's better than we all thought all season because he was really good in practice workouts wearing shorts and a tee-shirt.

People calculate too much prior to the draft. Combine and pro days shouldn't weigh in as much as they do.

It really falls to the individual GM and head coach. Some of them weigh certain things more than others. They all have their reasons. I really don't think there is scientific data on players that are workout warriors vs college game players who don't perform under tests.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm not a big fan of manziel. if any two are busts, it's Teddy and Manziel.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
While it's certainly possible that Bridgewater could get stuck in a terrible system on a bad team and have problems, of all the players who I have watched in college he looks like the real deal. His accuracy was incredible and it wasn't like he was in an option offense. There were a lot deep throws. He lived ate and breathed football in college and it showed up on game day, and I fully expect to see the same as a pro. As Bostic could tell you, whatever the concerns are with his frame, he can take a hit and keep going. Right now I'm just worried he'll fall to Minnesota. The last thing I want to see is Bridgewater on a team I hate in our division.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Forget Teddy Bridgewater's pro day, he let his regular season numbers do the talking

Game day > pro day

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
let's just hope the vikings think he's overrated as well

And therein lies the simple fact that will escape every Bears fan on this board. Bridgewater winds up on the Vikings and kiss any chance at the playoffs good bye until Rodgers retires or the Bears find a way to upgrade from Cutler.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
And therein lies the simple fact that will escape every Bears fan on this board. Bridgewater winds up on the Vikings and kiss any chance at the playoffs good bye until Rodgers retires or the Bears find a way to upgrade from Cutler.

Yeah, because you can't win with decent QB play.

Wait, the Seahawks just proved that wrong, and so have the Ravens, twice.

EDIT: And shit, how many rings does Eli fucking Manning have?

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Maybe you can have your mom bang Rodgers and/or Bridgewater so she can transmit them some of her HIV. We will be in the driver's seat for a while!

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If some how he falls out of the top 20 picks, a team will most definitely move back into the first to pick him up. I wouldn't mind seeing Bostic lay another lick on him like the last time they met...

o-BRIDGEWATER-570.jpg

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:

I hope the Vikings pick Bridgewater. Then the Bears have about another 3/4 years of the Vikings having terrible to average quarterback play and AP will be retiring before they have a chance to get a good qb.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
TB #'s and leadership out weigh anything a lousy workout night show. Maylock always picks a Qb to throw under the bus every year. I think he came down on Cam too.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He is getting too much hype all because he played in a pro-style system at UCF. In my opinion, his accuracy is off and his deep ball was poor. He is average, and I believe he is more a product of good coaching then being a great player. He may be a safe pick, but he has a low ceiling. Seems more like a 2nd round pick to me then a 1st. Though I am sure he will turn out better than the QB of last years draft.

All in all, it may not be fair to say he will be a bust, but I believe he will be drafted far earlier than he should, thus having higher expectations than he should be given.

That's utter nonsense. He is scratching the surface of what he will be. He's bigger, stronger and a better runner than Teddy. He also has a stronger arm. Teddy is faster.
If it is up to O'Brien, the Texans will draft Bortles. He scorched Penn State last year and O'Brien and O'Leary are close friends. O'Brien has all the proper information on Bortles' work ethic, intelligence and leadership skills. He will flourish under a coach like O'Brien. This kid had UCF one half away from an undefeated season and then they blew a 10-0 lead to South Carolina. He wasn't perfect in the Fiesta Bowl but he kept making plays. He also took down Teddy head to head last year. I like guys that are willing to compete. The fact Bortles just went to the combine and threw while the other guys sat, says something to me about the his desire to compete no matter the circumstances.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
TB #'s and leadership out weigh anything a lousy workout night show. Maylock always picks a Qb to throw under the bus every year. I think he came down on Cam too.

Mayock had him as his number one QB going into yesterday's workout. Mayock was not impressed. He hardly threw him under the bus but he gave an honest evaluation of the performance. This is a tough time of year for all of these guys. Teddy had a bad day. He'll need to throw better in his private workouts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mayock had him as his number one QB going into yesterday's workout. Mayock was not impressed. He hardly threw him under the bus but he gave an honest evaluation of the performance. This is a tough time of year for all of these guys. Teddy had a bad day. He'll need to throw better in his private workouts.

I strongly believe his Florida game proved his worth to the NFL. No silly workouts can change what the guy does on the field. Watch the film

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I've seen plenty of Bridgewater including the Florida game. Believe what you like but these workouts are extremely important in the draft process. There are plenty of productive college QBs that come up short when it comes to the NFL. Bridgewater seems like a good guy. I hope he does better going forward. He's off to a bad start.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
none of this year's qbs are elite. i'd rather take a shot on McCarron in the 4th/5th, personally. i could see a LOT of these top qbs busting. i do kind of like Bortles, though.

The Kaiser

Liked Posts:
If the Browns went for Watkins at 4 and TB slipped to us at 14, I'd love to trade: Our first and second (14 and 51) for their first, second and third (26, 35 and 71.) It's a perfect match on the trade value chart and we would still get great value in the first, much better value in the second and an extra 3rd. Teddy slipping is a good thing if there is any meat to this thought....

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
If the Browns went for Watkins at 4 and TB slipped to us at 14, I'd love to trade: Our first and second (14 and 51) for their first, second and third (26, 35 and 71.) It's a perfect match on the trade value chart and we would still get great value in the first, much better value in the second and an extra 3rd. Teddy slipping is a good thing if there is any meat to this thought....

That would be nice. The Bears might even be able to get another pick in that deal as well.