Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nobody, not one person, is worried about Shaw's role on the team. This is just discussion like the 8 million pre-draft "take a QB @3 or not" threads.

People are down-playing the 3rd QB role and are forgetting that the Bears play 3 QBs per year more years than not. You can bank on the Bears QB(s) getting injured. There is a very good chance the 3rd QB will play this year. Anyone remember Barkley from last year? Brutal huh? He was the 4th QB.

When Pace signed Sanchez, 99.99% of the people on this board said WTF and laughed. Admit it - you all were there. Those same people want him in the #2 QB role now and prefer he makes the team outright versus even seeing what another young QB has to offer as if there is something to lose in doing that. You all know Sanchez sucks. Why bother with him? Now someone will tell me he's the QB Whisperer and that Prescott played well because of him.

This was my take this offseason and I said it often. I was not interested in seeing any of last year's QBs save for Shaw. I wanted a QB @ #3, in particular Mitchell. This is all playing out. I was one of the ones who shook my head at Sanchez and still do.

Yeah, I think the Prescott narrative is way overblown.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read it. How about you?
Yes.

No, what is it about? Is it a thread where only your opinion matters by chance?
Do you have a valid one?

Then hire him as a coach because he sucks as an NFL QB.
Have you watched the NFL recently? Almost all NFL QB's kind of suck at their job. Same as Shaw. The difference is Shaw doesn't have job experience as a mentor. At least Sanchez can market this "skill"

You saying that doesn’t make it valid.
I would think Ryan Pace telling you that's why Mark is here is pretty good validation................and the fact that when Pace directly mentions his QB room he doesn't mention Shaw.

Gullible much? Yeah, why even let it play out in hopes the young guy might actually be better than the old guy. That would be silly.
You're missing the point that Shaw's performance is completely irrelevant. Pace is tied to Trubisky. Not Shaw. Shaw's performance in camp or a preseason game doesn't matter. Shaw is Ken Mastrole.

Yeah, as always. Welcome back BTW. When can we expect your better half Rory back?
Don't know. Ask him yourself.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
MoJo: I don't like Sanchez on the team. I want to see Shaw!

Great. Got it. Moving on.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know if he's saying that. I think it will be Glennon, Trubisky and Sanchez - largely due to the experience factor. Maybe they can get Shaw on the PS.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if he's saying that. I think it will be Glennon, Trubisky and Sanchez - largely due to the experience factor. Maybe they can get Shaw on the PS.

that is what he is saying......he said he is shaking his head, even now, of why sanchez is on the team....

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If that's the case, I disagree. People have to remember the lack of experience at the position. Sanchez brings some of that, even if I'd rather have Hoyer in that role. McCown would have been great as well.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Barkleys is da future

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky will play at some point this year, I think. Probably when we're eliminated from the playoffs.

I thought Glennon was going to start the first game of the season.....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
What I think in all this is it's actually not worth while debating our #3....

I now personally don't care if it's Shaw OR Sanchez.

I don't think either really add any longer term value. Arguments can be made for either.

Shaw was a camp hero who looked really good in .... one preseason game.

Sanchez, we know, sucks ass, but seemed to have developed a niche for himself based on the success of a rookie QB last year. Then again, Romo was in the same meetings and mentorship role...

Either way, I hope whoever sticks with the team, doesn't matter on the field - making these discussions even more futile.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Mark Sanchez is safe he's here to be a mentor to Mitchell Trubisky like he was to Dak Prescott last year.

"After the Cowboys' latest win, it was Prescott who sought out Sanchez in particular to celebrate with him the victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Sanchez doesn't seem to care about how some Cowboys fans have questioned whether he should advise Prescott, given his lack of success as a starter recently, calling Sanchez a "fan."

"Somebody sent me the video that says 'Crazed fan attacks Dak after a touchdown' -- and it was me," Sanchez said to Dallas Sports Day's Kate Hairopoulous. "I jumped on him because I was so just happy for him."

http://www.espn.com/blog/onenacion/post/_/id/6045/the-dak-prescott-and-mark-sanchez-connection

Word!

Starter will be Glennon, hopefully for the entire season. That will give M-Tub max time to learn. Also, if Glennon is good he could have trade value next season... I know, looking at this very optimistic.

Sanchez primarily will be to mentor and potential backup.

The plan is actually pretty solid if you consider everything (bridge QB, rookie QB, mentor QB, how Glennon's contract is structured...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Pace was quoted today saying how happy he is about all the talent on the depth chart that the Bears have at QB. I am assuming the depth chart goes like this:

Glennon
Sanchez
Trubisky
Shaw

I myself like that depth chart and wonder what the role of Shaw will be? Throw the money out the window and again if you look at the depth chart the only starting QB last year was Trubisky. Where does that leave Sanchez? Glennon Sanchez Shaw Trubisky? Who is the odd man out? Its going to be a Quarterback competition and I am looking forward to it.

I think it has to be this:

Glennon
Sanchez
Trubisky

The rookie should be last on the depth chart for sheer respect to the veterans. Shaw will go to the PS to develop and hopefully compete for a backup spot next year. This will allow the Bears to have a positive announcement sometime during the season, that Trubisky has played well enough to take the 2nd spot on the depth chart. This will build excitement for next season.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The answer to this is pretty obvious. I'm proud CCS only took 3 pages to figure it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Since 2006, Every QB taken top 5 has started at least 7 games their rookie year except for Jamarcus Russell, who held out into the season, and was Jamarcus Russell. Goff is the only one to start less then 10. The vast majority started 12-16 games as rookies.

I'm not sure what that means but it doesn't mean that Trubs should start just because that's how it's been for top 5 picks over the years. You could probably say that the reason a lot of these QB's that ended up being busts is because they were thrown into starting too soon.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what that means but it doesn't mean that Trubs should start just because that's how it's been for top 5 picks over the years. You could probably say that the reason a lot of these QB's that ended up being busts is because they were thrown into starting too soon.

I'm just pointing out that quarterbacks taken top 5 don't sit as rookies. Every team says they want them to sit, and they always play. The pressure is just to great. Glennon will have to play at a very high level to keep his job. I would not be at all surprised to see Trubisky starting by October.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I think in all this is it's actually not worth while debating our #3....

I now personally don't care if it's Shaw OR Sanchez.

I don't think either really add any longer term value. Arguments can be made for either.

Shaw was a camp hero who looked really good in .... one preseason game.

Sanchez, we know, sucks ass, but seemed to have developed a niche for himself based on the success of a rookie QB last year. Then again, Romo was in the same meetings and mentorship role...

Either way, I hope whoever sticks with the team, doesn't matter on the field - making these discussions even more futile.

I don't think Romo mentored anyone. From what I heard he and Dak are not Facebook friends.

Sanchez's experience has a ton of value he has 4x the pass attempts of the entire Bears QB room. He has played playoff games and played in a big market.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I doubt we see an actual QB competition. They paid too much money to Glennon for a competition. They have flat out said he is the starter. I doubt Shaw is on the roster. Glennon starts due to contract and Sanchez mentors Mitch. Hopefully by the end of the season they put Mitch in there.

Seattle once paid Flynn but they were smart enuff to go with Wilson cuz he was better

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Shaw doesn't have any purpose, even on the PR as he will get NO reps.

Glennon will get 90% of the 1st team reps
Trubisky will get 10% of the 1st team reps
Trubisky will get all of the scout team reps.

Sanchez will stand around and be a glorified coach with a helmet.

Make him a real coach and save the spot for someone more useful ... and, no, not QB.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If that's the case, I disagree. People have to remember the lack of experience at the position. Sanchez brings some of that, even if I'd rather have Hoyer in that role. McCown would have been great as well.

It is simple. Trubisky is a project. Sanchez is terrible. Glennon is a stationary target. THe quarterbacking on this team for next year will be worse than last year's team. The two worse mistakes during Pace's time with the Bears is the scorched earth policy he did with the offensive talent to begin with. The second is his decision to sign Glennon.