QB School Breakdown

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So almost everything is different but nothing changed..
What was that thing we started doing during that Monday Night game against New England that suddenly made this offense not a giant flaming pile of dog shit? Maybe Getsy should try some of that again.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
What was that thing we started doing during that Monday Night game against New England that suddenly made this offense not a giant flaming pile of dog shit? Maybe Getsy should try some of that again.
Back to RB1? Would further prove my comment correct.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thats exactly what he has to do.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I watched the entire thing.

He really rips into Kmet quite a bit for looking like a complete spazz on the field, whether it's making blocks, running weird routes, or not giving enough effort on making a tackle on Fields' pick 6.

He also confirms what I've been saying for a while now about Justin Fields dropbacks being way too slow and nonchalant. His unwillingness to speed up that process is killing the screen game, and it's really messing with the timing because everything is so late. Then it's compounded by him often times standing too flat footed. He can't get as much velocity on his throws, which makes everything so much harder than it needs to be.

In his defense, I do think he was being a little overly critical on some of the opportunities Fields passed up when the guards are getting pushed back into his face on almost every snap. There is no doubt his general criticism is true of Fields, but some of them I thought were a little nit picky—especially on the ones where he's facing pressure from the interior. Very few quarterbacks can succeed when your guards are getting blown back into your lap and you can't escape the pocket.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, he shits on Getsy's scheme for 3/4 of the video with a few exceptions. The Bears are running so many idiotic route concepts where two guys are both running the same route on the same side of the field with no spacing and nowhere to throw to. It's comical how many times it showed up on his review.

Fields was bad, but the scheme Getsy ran with was complete dogshit, and it did him no favors. If you're not going to scheme concepts designed to take advantage of his legs, you shouldn't have a job anymore. For all the credit Getsy got midway through last year, if this is the plan moving forward, it's going to be a long year.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I watched the entire thing.

He really rips into Kmet quite a bit for looking like a complete spazz on the field, whether it's making blocks, running weird routes, or not giving enough effort on making a tackle on Fields' pick 6.

He also confirms what I've been saying for a while now about Justin Fields dropbacks being way too slow and nonchalant. His unwillingness to speed up that process is killing the screen game, and it's really messing with the timing because everything is so late. Then it's compounded by him often times standing too flat footed. He can't get as much velocity on his throws, which culminates in a recipe for disaster.

In his defense, I do think he was being a little overly critical on some of the opportunities he passed up when the guards are getting pushed back into his face on almost every snap.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, he shits on Getsy's scheme for 3/4 of the video with a few exceptions. The Bears are running so many idiotic route concepts where two guys are both running the same route on the same side of the field with no spacing.

Fields was bad, but the scheme Getsy ran with was complete dogshit, and it did him no favors. If you're not going to scheme concepts designed to take advantage of his legs, you shouldn't have a job anymore. For all the credit Getsy got midway through last year, if this is the plan moving forward, he shouldn't be here.

Getsy deciding to run a heavy screen based horizontal offense against the packers and benching ST. Brown in the process was a joke.

If you do that, have Mercedes and Brown out there a bunch. Out physical them.

The packers are not going to be surprised by your stupid shit screens.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's basically what I assumed it would be. There are problems EVERYWHERE. But my biggest takeaway is how often JT thinks a play is doomed from the get-go because of the play/personnel/etc. Like this play is doomed no matter who is on the field. That's where the problems start. Fix that now now now.
This is what happens, when ur internal clock is sped up, due to lack of protection. He pulls eyes down, (ie flashes he brought up), because normally he is getting hit or has to run. I am watching Chicago ruin another QB

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is what happens, when ur internal clock is sped up, due to lack of protection. He pulls eyes down, (ie flashes he brought up), because normally he is getting hit or has to run. I am watching Chicago ruin another QB

If they are going to call up gameplans like this I'm going to say just trade fields. Its not fair to fans or him.

Call up Miami after TUA gets his next concussion, shouldnt take long. Mikey will make him a star.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Nothing good to say about this organization. Garbage.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:

But this is what Justin Fields has always been. You can argue they haven't developed him, but ruining what? At no point has he shown the ability to quickly process and throw with anticipation. The hope has always been he will improve in those very important areas. So far, he hasn't.

And his internal clock is the opposite of sped up. He still does everything in slow motion. I'm not saying he is the only problem, but based on what we saw Sunday he hasn't gotten any better at the things he needs to get better at. He is doing all the same things he has done since college.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I want Fields to succeed but this isn't anything new for him. As the post above stated, this is something he's dealt with before the Bears so no, its not on them and they didnt "ruin" his internal clock. It's been that way

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
If they are going to call up gameplans like this I'm going to say just trade fields. Its not fair to fans or him.

Call up Miami after TUA gets his next concussion, shouldnt take long. Mikey will make him a star.

Agreed, fields is fucked in chicago
I heard the New York Jets might need a QB.