QB School Breakdown

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The things that killed me was that JF was so close, previously. Just learn some anticipation, and it was there. And that video showed not just regression but no intention to even throw. The slow drop back explained to me JF's issue with seeming to be a sec late all the time. Very disheartening. Because I really don't think JF has it or will get it. I tend to be optimistic but unless JF had a medical episode Sunday he's not it. And the only real option is to tank for Caleb Williams who already said he'd sit and not sign or go back to College if a bad team is to pick him at #1 overall. Don't see how an Offense can have sustained success with a QB that has zero anticipation.

And seeing JT circle parts of Getsy's formation and say "This doesn't even exist in football". Really sold me on being out on Getsy. Multi plays with receivers running to the same areas. To be fair there were a couple of play schemes that looked good. But I felt it was a playbook with a few stolen plays and some inexperienced bad ideas mixed in.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What was that thing we started doing during that Monday Night game against New England that suddenly made this offense not a giant flaming pile of dog shit? Maybe Getsy should try some of that again.
What a concept.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's the packers,the fans and media have made this game so big its in the bears heads,like down to the core. We can change players all we want but it won't do any good until they shake that off and just play their game.

Yep. Agree 100%.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. Agree 100%.
Sorry guys but so what? Just do better X's and O's. I sure wouldn't accept a fold over in a playoff game either. They played like shit on both sides. Simple as that.

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
But this is what Justin Fields has always been. You can argue they haven't developed him, but ruining what? At no point has he shown the ability to quickly process and throw with anticipation. The hope has always been he will improve in those very important areas. So far, he hasn't.

And his internal clock is the opposite of sped up. He still does everything in slow motion. I'm not saying he is the only problem, but based on what we saw Sunday he hasn't gotten any better at the things he needs to get better at. He is doing all the same things he has done since college.
Not really a fair criticism. In the first quarter, when he had time, he was executing the offense. With about 6.5 min left in the second quarter, the oline starts getting overwhelmed. In the third quater, when Fields fumbles the ball, two of his oline are on the ground and 3 GB Dline are running unblocked hunting him down. What's he supposed to do there? You can't expect him to "process and throw" when he is literally running for his life.

I'm not saying Fields doesn't have room to improve, but let him have a game when on average he's not facing pressure EVERY OTHER pass play. Then if he's missing wide open guys he deserves to be judged.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want Fields to succeed but this isn't anything new for him. As the post above stated, this is something he's dealt with before the Bears so no, its not on them and they didnt "ruin" his internal clock. It's been that way
The biggest clock problem is JF freezes on his reads with the slightest bit of disruption and won't pull the trigger-

- If everything has to be perfect for him, he is not going to make it

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sorry guys but so what? Just do better X's and O's. I sure wouldn't accept a fold over in a playoff game either. They played like shit on both sides. Simple as that.

Ownership makes the rookie’s watch something on the rivalry. The fans are nuts about it. The media is nuts about it. Stop that shit. Stop talking about the rivalry. Stop treating it special and start treating it like one of seventeen games. Don’t make it out like the fucking Super Bowl like the fan base. Dear lord it’s over the top.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
here's what he didn't say, the McCaskeys hired a first time GM, who hired a guy who's never been a HC, who hired a guy who's never called plays and a guy who's never run the defense. Any of this sound familiar?
Fox sucked too. Experience is nice but not the end all.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not really a fair criticism. In the first quarter, when he had time, he was executing the offense. With about 6.5 min left in the second quarter, the oline starts getting overwhelmed. In the third quater, when Fields fumbles the ball, two of his oline are on the ground and 3 GB Dline are running unblocked hunting him down. What's he supposed to do there? You can't expect him to "process and throw" when he is literally running for his life.

I'm not saying Fields doesn't have room to improve, but let him have a game when on average he's not facing pressure EVERY OTHER pass play. Then if he's missing wide open guys he deserves to be judged.
I will say this, though. And I say this being as big of a supporter of Fields as anyone:

He needs to let it rip sometimes, and he needs to throw with more anticipation. No more hesitating. No more overthinking. Just let it rip. Get used to being THAT QB, because that's what it takes to be a great QB in the NFL. And the coaches need to pound that into his fucking head. We need to know by January if he can be successful as that guy.

All that being said, they are doing very little to help him. The oline and the OC need to do a better job of putting him in a position to succeed. That includes better protection, more designed QB runs, and just better gameplanning and playcalling. Leaning on the short game and nothing but in the first half was terrible.

You don't remove what Fields does at an elite level, and then tell him to be a pocket passer. You take what he does at an elite level, and supplement some of it with more pocket passing. And you find a balance there so he can be a dual threat QB, but keep his running reps and exposure to taking hits to a minimum. It's a balancing act. It's not just what's best for him, it's what's best for keeping the fucking defense on their toes, too.

Getsy was negligent, and if it continues, he should lose his job. Here's to hoping that he's able to learn and grow from his mistakes.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
here's what he didn't say, the McCaskeys hired a first time GM, who hired a guy who's never been a HC, who hired a guy who's never called plays and a guy who's never run the defense. Any of this sound familiar?
Not the first team to do it - so there is that

Good or Bad Alan Williams was a DC in Minnesota

"Williams' first tenure as a defensive coordinator was in Minneapolis with the Vikings (2012-13). Under Williams' guidance, the Vikings were tied for seventh in sacks (85.0) and ninth in tackles for loss (91.0). In 2013, despite being forced to play with a depleted secondary majority of the season due to injuries, safety Andrew Sendejo, cornerback Marcus Sherels and cornerback Shaun Prater all logged their first career interceptions under Williams. Veteran defensive end Jared Allen also had a standout season, leading the team in sacks with 11.5 while fellow defensive end Brian Robison recorded a career-best 9.0 sacks."

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Not the first team to do it - so there is that

Good or Bad Alan Williams was a DC in Minnesota

"Williams' first tenure as a defensive coordinator was in Minneapolis with the Vikings (2012-13). Under Williams' guidance, the Vikings were tied for seventh in sacks (85.0) and ninth in tackles for loss (91.0). In 2013, despite being forced to play with a depleted secondary majority of the season due to injuries, safety Andrew Sendejo, cornerback Marcus Sherels and cornerback Shaun Prater all logged their first career interceptions under Williams. Veteran defensive end Jared Allen also had a standout season, leading the team in sacks with 11.5 while fellow defensive end Brian Robison recorded a career-best 9.0 sacks."
ok sorry allen, defense looked great

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ownership makes the rookie’s watch something on the rivalry. The fans are nuts about it. The media is nuts about it. Stop that shit. Stop talking about the rivalry. Stop treating it special and start treating it like one of seventeen games. Don’t make it out like the fucking Super Bowl like the fan base. Dear lord it’s over the top.
So? You can step up to pressure or be a loser. Play the fucking game. Fields isn't thinking about what a fan might think when he's taking a sack near a sideline. Team lost because they weren't prepared and had poor individual play. The rest is fan bullshit. These guys know each other and don't have our mysticism about it. BFD. Just show the fuck up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So? You can step up to pressure or be a loser. Play the fucking game. Fields isn't thinking about what a fan might think when he's taking a sack near a sideline. Team lost because they weren't prepared and had poor individual play. The rest is fan bullshit. These guys know each other and don't have our mysticism about it. BFD. Just show the fuck up.
Obviously.

But if you can’t see the difference between playing Tampa vs GB then I can’t help you.

dignan

Liked Posts:
Hey, lurkers from the Chicago media - please ask Getsy about the two plays referenced where the receivers are running the exact same routes in the same plane. Is this by design (barf) or is there some confusion with the receivers running the wrong routes?