Question

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Grossman was notorious for being a mental midget. His confidence derailed his career more than injuries ever did.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But Favre was not originally drafted by Green Bay coming out of college. He was drafted by Atlanta where he was a second-string QB. But Ron Wolf, Green Bay's GM had noticed his "leadership" qualities in a college East-West (?) game and a year later, very cleverly finagled a trade with Atlanta that sent Favre to Green Bay. A dozen or so years later, Favre did indeed move on AFTER Rodgers was drafted. But Favre WAS NOT ORIGINALLY DRAFTED BY the Packers!!

I think Atlanta probably suffered a much milder form of MJRS, "Michael Jordan Regret Syndrome", over Favre like the Portland Trailblazers did when they drafted Sam Bowie instead of Michael.
It was Atlanta's head coach who forced the trade of Favre.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie. I thought we had something in Rex for a minute in 2006. Those first five games might have been the best QB play in a Bears uniform in all of the 2000's.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie. I thought we had something in Rex for a minute in 2006. Those first five games might have been the best QB play in a Bears uniform in all of the 2000's.
In like 5 games, not a whole season clearly... The Cards showed us otherwise, in a win.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I said, Dennis Green had the Bears offense figured out. the Panthers did too in the 2005 season playoffs. Green provided the blueprint for how to rattle Grossman. he had that game won, and the kicker blew a chip shot field goal to lose the game. I would've been fucking mad too. rofl

Grossman literally had a 50/50 split of games he played good and bad. and he was dogshit in the NFC championship and Super Bowl games, I don't give a fuck what bearmick thinks (despite me valuing his opinions on anything else)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My question is what's different between fields being drafted as compared to when Rex ,and Cade M being drafted ...wasnt the fan base exicted for them as compared to fields???? What about the draft experts what did they think??
The excitement with rex was nowhere near as high on draft day

We didn’t freak out for him until that game he came in during the 3rd quarter and immediately threw a 20 yard laser (against the falcons maybe?)

It wast the nicest throw bears fans had seen in 10 years

And then that first 4 game run of 06... Hooo boy

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said, Dennis Green had the Bears offense figured out. the Panthers did too in the 2005 season playoffs. Green provided the blueprint for how to rattle Grossman. he had that game won, and the kicker blew a chip shot field goal to lose the game. I would've been fucking mad too. rofl

Grossman literally had a 50/50 split of games he played good and bad. and he was dogshit in the NFC championship and Super Bowl games, I don't give a fuck what bearmick thinks (despite me valuing his opinions on anything else)
Umm, if I remember right, Grossman had a great NFC title game... I'll look it up.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, you are right under 50 percent passing, it was just a blowout.

mecha

Liked Posts:
yeah, he like completed 10 passes rofl. I have that game saved from years ago before you could just find them on youtube. the defense just massacred Brees in the snow. if Tommie Harris and Mike Brown were in the Super Bowl I'm sure things would've turned out differently. or if Turner didn't abandon the run after worthless Benson fumbled and got knocked out of the game. like Benson was the fucking difference maker, fuck you.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember in that superbowl, Peyton just murdering the cover 2 defense in the Middle Urlacher was playing too soft in the middle and they hoped they would tighten up in the redzone. He was just hit James up the middle and it would lead to more than 5 years most plays. Problem too is that team had no shortage of weapons. I feel that tactic would work on a team that maybe have 2 or 3 weapons to rely on. But the Colts team was stacked with players on offense hungry for that first ring, including Manning. I don't fault lovie's defense for doing the thing that got them there, but when it's NOT working, you got to have a plan B.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, he like completed 10 passes rofl. I have that game saved from years ago before you could just find them on youtube. the defense just massacred Brees in the snow. if Tommie Harris and Mike Brown were in the Super Bowl I'm sure things would've turned out differently. or if Turner didn't abandon the run after worthless Benson fumbled and got knocked out of the game. like Benson was the fucking difference maker, fuck you.
11 for 26 for 144 and 1 TD

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My question is what's different between fields being drafted as compared to when Rex ,and Cade M being drafted ...wasnt the fan base exicted for them as compared to fields???? What about the draft experts what did they think??
Any QB drafted high by the Bears has had a lukewarm reaction to it. The reaction for Fields has been 100% positive.