Raiders hiring highly respected OC Luke Getsy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Getsy did pretty well with Bagent at QB, all things considered. The offense didn't look as discombobulated with Bagent's noodle arm lobbing the ball around the field.

I'm glad Getsy is gone due to the upgrade in Waldron, but he wasn't as terrible as most of you insist he was.

He was pretty damn terrible dude. Or was bagent the one who decided to call the same screen play twice in a row?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, so last year when the whole world knew, it was six weeks later, not two months.

It’s not happening in the next six weeks this time.
Um, 2 weeks after the SB it was already known he was talking to multiple teams multiple teams, not 6 weeks. I also never said when a trade would occur. It was about when they might start listening which shapes the news. How does that refute anything I've said.

It also doesn't usually make sense to close a big trade before FA and the combine and after everyone has a better idea where they stand and/or desire. Doesn't mean intentions can't be known or that teams aren't talking. You're arguing against something not said or implied.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How much of those stats are due to justin fields off script playmaking?

That’s what makes this fascinating. Will be an interesting story line to watch next year.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How much of those stats are due to justin fields off script playmaking?
A little?

A lot of it was in basically 4 games. Denver, Washington, Detroit, Atlanta. And they were very good on the 1st drive of the game which was scripted. The biggest problem with Getsy is his in game adjustments. He is terrible at that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well considering bears fans are expecting 2 firsts or even 1 first for a team to move up from pick 2 to pick 1, or even a first rounder for JF xD
High 2 or mid 2 plus day 3 pick. Could be a late one if there's a couple teams that want him or a GM loves him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
High 2 or mid 2 plus day 3 pick. Could be a late one if there's a couple teams that want him or a GM loves him.
I was hopeful the bears could get a 1st round pick from someone like atlanta but at this point IMO the unknown of one of these rookies is probably more tempting than JF, and there are like 4 legitimate 1st round talents plus 2 other fringe guys that could easily go in round 2.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gonna laugh if they get a 3rd or a 4th for him. The meltdown will be epic. (Obviously I’m hoping for more)
Once the decision is made, won't care outside of wanting more draft capital in general.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was hopeful the bears could get a 1st round pick from someone like atlanta but at this point IMO the unknown of one of these rookies is probably more tempting than JF, and there are like 4 legitimate 1st round talents plus 2 other fringe guys that could easily go in round 2.
Also begs the question that if you can't get a 1 for Fields, why is there so much angst over drafting a QB at #1?

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Also begs the question that if you can't get a 1 for Fields, why is there so much angst over draft a QB at #1?
I wanted JF to be the QB of the bears this last year as much as anyone, but after seeing his performance I honestly don't know why anyone would want to pass on QB again especially considering the bears have the #1 pick. It's baffling.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I think Spencer rattler might work his way back up some boards too. I could see 7 going in the first 2 rounds. Although possibly nix falls behind rattler and out of the top 2 rounds

msadows

Liked Posts:
How much of the bad blitz packages were on Getsy or Fields?

Fields aint the one calling the same screen twice and having 170lb WR's chipping edge blockers.

I'd say its a heavy combo of both, but getsy was pretty fucking awful at adjusting his scheme and playcalling to what his roster did well.

Also feel like a lot of people(myself included) gave getsy way too much credit in 2022. The offensive success was all completely based off fields running for his life. Getsy was as clueless as always.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Not sure what makes you think Nix has a big arm or is a big guy. He's under 6'2, short arms. There were reports he struggled a bunch in the wind in Moblie.
I and so confused. He has a powerful arm. I figured he’d be around 6’3-6’5”. He came in a lot more under that. He has a very powerful arm. His experience at the Senior Bowl is just a go back to the tape moment. I doubt it really affects him. He isn’t a top ten pick. He’s a bargain basement Maye.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My pick for the best QB in this draft is JJ MCDoanlds

Surprised no one is giving the guy love who averaged 130 yards passing a game in college

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Would this increase or decrease the chances of them being a trade partner for Fields?
People will take either side of that argument. Fields may not have a say in it if he gets traded but I think he can't
stand the guy and is too much of a gentleman to say it.