Raiders hiring highly respected OC Luke Getsy.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The return for Bears players is always less than what Bears fans expect.
The return for anything from the eyes of any fan base is less… just like what we need to give is always more. Everyone views their own things with more value than it actually has.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How can you be fan and not laugh at the Bears? Laughing at them is the only thing I got 😂
I feel you, i can't laugh at them but i can be disappointed in them. Fortunately the disappointment could all end with the right moves this offseason.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
How could you laugh at something that hurts our team? You're evil. I'm sticking with what i've been saying that a 2nd and 4th is the least i'd take.
it already hurt the team by not panning out...now its about getting some sort of compenation to avoid total loss.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
it already hurt the team by not panning out...now its about getting some sort of compenation to avoid total loss.
The team hurt the team by coaching hires and the talent they gave a young QB you're supposed to be developing. Fields has two more years of control so if it were me i wouldn't let him go for a 3rd round pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How much of those stats are due to justin fields off script playmaking?

How much of his off the script playmaking was after he missed throwing to someome that was open on script?

Fields aint the one calling the same screen twice and having 170lb WR's chipping edge blockers.

I'd say its a heavy combo of both, but getsy was pretty fucking awful at adjusting his scheme and playcalling to what his roster did well.

Also feel like a lot of people(myself included) gave getsy way too much credit in 2022. The offensive success was all completely based off fields running for his life. Getsy was as clueless as always.

If you watched when the Packers were dominating the Niners they had WRs chipping edge blockers. The difference is the Packers WRs executed.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The team hurt the team by coaching hires and the talent they gave a young QB you're supposed to be developing. Fields has two more years of control so if it were me i wouldn't let him go for a 3rd round pick.
agree that pace/nagy should not have been allowed to draft a qb when their jobs were on the line going into the season. Its a different regime so getting anything for fields is a plus if he is to be moved...i think the worst case trade scenario is two 3rd rd picks for fields...his value could be higher since nix and penix did nothing to help themselves at the senior bowl.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I wonder what type of plays were mainly called by the great Andy in the first half of the Chiefs Ravens game.

Nads786

Liked Posts:
But he got the job. That's all that matters.

I'm just saying.... why did he have 3-4 interviews and get the job if he is so fuckin bad? Lol his 700 screens and back to back screens just landed another job.

Help me make it make sense. So far.... Rise has the best answer

Maybe they thought he was hamstrung by a bad QB?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If they're sticking with Jimmy G, wouldn't this be a perfect match? One is a dink and doink master, one loves to run plays for a dink and doink QB.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think he's like Nagy: a guy that somewat knows his shit and can talk shop, but crumbles in-game when it counts. Especially in short yardage decisions.

He'll always interview well and seems like a good guy (and let's be honest, that's half the battle in the business world). Once you get by his scripted opening plays all bets are off though.
Good insight.
Bagent got worse every week he played, the Fields injury coincided with the OL getting healthy but they never had stability at C.

Mooney/Scott looked better with Bagent but Moore's numbers were way worse and the running game was straight Foreman (which is his strength) vs the 3 headed monster stuff that never really felt dominant.

You'll get a solid 5-8 wins with AOC but they're clearly the worst team in that division and their style of physical defense might not be sustainable - they're one Crosby injury away from being cheeks on that side of the ball.

Worst team in that division next year.
Good post and Getsy was awful, Raiders will need a lot of luck.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears Twitter has been interesting today. Think a lot of people had Justin to the Raiders penciled in their offseason plans.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they're sticking with Jimmy G, wouldn't this be a perfect match? One is a dink and doink master, one loves to run plays for a dink and doink QB.
Didn't they play their young QB Aidan O'Connell over Jimmy last year and Jimmy was healthy and could play?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
We know the league thought enough of Getsy to get another crack at an OC job. This feels like an indictment on Fields. You can't possibly like what he did with the Bears offense.